Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

3 minutes ago, Pwmf said:

While I hope we get another two new upgrades I wouldn't be surprised if they are reprints of existing cards. Personally I like the new cards they seem balanced to me they aren't auto includes (spam the new thing for a win) being niche they fit some ships, breath a bit of life in to some ships and give us difficult decisions in picking over existing upgrades. I think that's far more healthy for the game than the new upgrades being superior to existing upgrades and an auto till the next wave. For my 2p Heavy Fire Zone has to work at long range by RAW and cost, which will make it an option but not likely to replace other upgrades outright, and on that thought, Nebs and Victory been getting a lot of love recently, should we expect to see upgrades that suit other waves? Which ships do we think could use some new options? Raider and Liberty IMO, but its close. 

New titles for the assault frigate would be nice.   I also like the idea of ship titles which grant a particular upgrade rather than a slot, or some variants for ships, such as a Gladiator with mixed blue/black or blue/red dice.

2 hours ago, flatpackhamster said:

New titles for the assault frigate would be nice.   I also like the idea of ship titles which grant a particular upgrade rather than a slot, or some variants for ships, such as a Gladiator with mixed blue/black or blue/red dice.

I’m not sure I’m a fan of the idea. In general, I don’t like running ships that feel like they require a specific upgrade. Which is probably why I haven’t run a Gladiator since wave 1 unless I’m specifically running practice fleets for someone to get tournament practice.

A title that grants a specific upgrade feels like exactly that. It would help some ships, but I’d rather see the base ship fixed first. If that’s not feasible, a cheap title that offers a new slot (even with a restriction) and some other non-slot buff at least allows me options. 

Also, while I want viable mid-cost combat ships, giving the gladiator meaningful ranged firepower is a problem given that Demolisher exists. I’d rather Imps get a whole new mid-size combat ship over letting the Demolisher get better. 

3 hours ago, Church14 said:

I’m not sure I’m a fan of the idea. In general, I don’t like running ships that feel like they require a specific upgrade. Which is probably why I haven’t run a Gladiator since wave 1 unless I’m specifically running practice fleets for someone to get tournament practice.

A title that grants a specific upgrade feels like exactly that. It would help some ships, but I’d rather see the base ship fixed first. If that’s not feasible, a cheap title that offers a new slot (even with a restriction) and some other non-slot buff at least allows me options. 

Also, while I want viable mid-cost combat ships, giving the gladiator meaningful ranged firepower is a problem given that Demolisher exists. I’d rather Imps get a whole new mid-size combat ship over letting the Demolisher get better. 

I frequently run Gladiators without Demolisher. Its my favorite upgrade to not take, because people assume you have Demolisher and play around it. I even start games walking through my fleet pointing out upgrades, as you should, and people will comment on my lack of Demo and then forget.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:24 PM, Church14 said:

It would be a problem as Demo is already printed but titles focused on specific variants are coming so nothing that cannot be easily fixed in the future.

Twas the night before Festag, and all through the ship,

Not a trooper was stirring, except maybe night shift...

With boots laid out in front of bunks with care, afraid Gunnery Sergeant Nickolas would soon be there.

The Pilots were all snug in their beds, with dreams of dogfights out in the air.

With helmsman Volavic and I on the command deck that night, had just opened up some imperial delights.

When off the portside arose such a clatter, I sprang to the view ports to see what was the matter.

And what to my wondering eyes did appear?

"Helmsman whats out there?"

"Its nothing on scans"

When we heard the voice of that horrid man...

Wait... I think I read the story wrong...

My new prediction: After the release article for the Onager and Starhawk, the Clone Wars announcement will be the next article. We will get a small peak at one ship from each faction and the commanders. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, eliteone said:

My new prediction: After the release article for the Onager and Starhawk, the Clone Wars announcement will be the next article. We will get a small peak at one ship from each faction and the commanders. 

My prediction: the new Clone Wars models will debut at Star Wars Celebration in August. (I selfishly hope this is true as my wife and I already have our tickets).

Edited by Rmcarrier1

I thought they were saying before that they were aiming for Clone Wars stuff to drop Q4 in 2020? I mean it would be great if it drops earlier but I thought that was said this past fall, so I'd most likely expect new Clone Wars stuff being announced either at Gencon or Celebration. 

3 hours ago, Thrindal said:

Clone Wars will be announced at Adepticon with a prerelease at Gencon and full release set for November, which will be missed and pushed back to 2021...

Maybe they'll package a ship with the wrong base size too.

9 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

I thought they were saying before that they were aiming for Clone Wars stuff to drop Q4 in 2020? I mean it would be great if it drops earlier but I thought that was said this past fall, so I'd most likely expect new Clone Wars stuff being announced either at Gencon or Celebration. 

A Gencon Pre-release does not count toward the official drop date.  Usually things that get Early release at Gencon get full release in Q4, very rarely they do make it out late Q3 but not often.

On 1/10/2020 at 3:32 AM, Thrindal said:

Clone Wars will be announced at Adepticon with a prerelease at Gencon and full release set for November, which will be missed and pushed back to 2021...

As long as they still accidentally release stuff two months early in Germany I'm fine with that :P