Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

2 hours ago, Kani Kantai said:

Well Sequel Trilogy is still trickling in to X-wing 2.0, so I guess that’s slightly in the favour of anyone who is hoping the “two new ships” are from that era.

Well to be fair they have to since they made them their own factions. I can't see them making sequel stuff for Empire/Rebels. 

2 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Well to be fair they have to since they made them their own factions. I can't see them making sequel stuff for Empire/Rebels. 

No but I could see them creating two new factions as in x-wing, Resistance/FO instead of Republic/CIS.

1 hour ago, Kani Kantai said:

No but I could see them creating two new factions as in x-wing, Resistance/FO instead of Republic/CIS.

But Republic/CIS is already confirmed for Armada.

Well it is the last week in June that would get any type of article, so here's hoping for Friday. Long shot on not-a "Check this fleet out / design / tactics" fan article but an actual article on product. 

1 hour ago, eliteone said:

Well it is the last week in June that would get any type of article, so here's hoping for Friday. Long shot on not-a "Check this fleet out / design / tactics" fan article but an actual article on product. 

I mean this friday will be 3 months since Rebellion in the Rim was anounced, so it would be nice to get something about that. Especially since it is supposed to be out around Gen Con.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, eliteone said:

Its not the article we need, the one we deserve??? 

It's an artical announcing the release of the info we wanted in an artical this week, but will get in a stream on July 16th.

Edited by xero989
I don't possess the artical so it's needed an apostrophe

I'm definately in favour of using apostrophes in contractions, that's for sure.

The whole its / it's thing hurts my brain. Please stop spitting on me.

Thinking about a Demo Gladiator with Admiral Ozzel and Engine Techs on it, then also having Officer Vader to "Improve Morale" on the Gladiator later on. Does that combo mean that a Gladiator could realistically move 2 before any ships even go anywhere?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Thinking about a Demo Gladiator with Admiral Ozzel and Engine Techs on it, then also having Officer Vader to "Improve Morale" on the Gladiator later on. Does that combo mean that a Gladiator could realistically move 2 before any ships even go anywhere?

No, because Engine Techs requires a navigate dial and/or token.  Even if you could get one, there's no window to spend it before you activate.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

13 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

No, because Engine Techs requires a navigate dial and/or token.  Even if you could get one, there's no window to spend it before you activate.

Okay, I was wondering how that worked out with the Tarkin Tokens and such, as I was still a little confused reading the CGYSO blog post about turn order stuff. I mean still. If your first player, with a Demo Glad going speed 3, moving that ship an extra 1 at the start of the game is powerful. Thats 5 movements before anything else. I'd love to see the movement mapping that Ozzel (officer) will let ships do.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Okay, I was wondering how that worked out with the Tarkin Tokens and such, as I was still a little confused reading the CGYSO blog post about turn order stuff. I mean still. If your first player, with a Demo Glad going speed 3, moving that ship an extra 1 at the start of the game is powerful. Thats 5 movements before anything else. I'd love to see the movement mapping that Ozzel (officer) will let ships do.

Yeah, he's going to be pretty great on Demo, Arqs and VSDs especially.  Maybe the SSD.

Ozzel triggers at the start of the round.  Then comes the command phase, where you set dials.

Tarkin and Hondo are the earliest ways to get command tokens on your ships, and they trigger at the start of the ship phase, which is why they're not compatible.  (However, they can be triggered before fleet commands if it's your Hondo, because you get to choose the order of your cards with the same timing.)

Edited by The Jabbawookie