Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

11 hours ago, xero989 said:

I'm pretty much dieing for more Information on Rebellion in the Rim. Being Optimistic I think we will get more info on this before the month is out. But I think we will hear something for sure no later then June. I'm way more pumped for 200 point campaign then I thought I would be, wondering if it could be run in a single day?

I doubt it could be a single day.  Corellian Conflict works just fine with 200 point starts, by the way.  The most important thing is to make sure the teams are balanced in terms of skill.  Also, if a player starts again, they get a new fleet equal in value to average, or 400 points, which ever is less.

This stops someone who did badly in the first half having to come back in 100 points behind, which can be depressing.

Playing the game has always helped me. Though I feel like I'm at the point in current releases where I've tried everything that's appealing to me. Can't wait for the SSD and RiM expansions. 

In the meantime I picked up Legions core set. Really wanted something to build/paint. 

1 hour ago, xero989 said:

Dont Store Championships usually start next month? I mean we should get something for that pretty soon.

They traditionally start when kits are delivered.  Being that we’re getting 2 per store this year, they’re either doubling the kits or bigger kits, either way, twice the prep time as they make them on house.

2 hours ago, xero989 said:

Dont Store Championships usually start next month? I mean we should get something for that pretty soon.

Also, have we heard anything more about when Seasonal play kits will be making their way to stores? It might help plug the gap a bit while we wait for the Championship kits.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Chamberlin said:

Also, have we heard anything more about when Seasonal play kits will be making their way to stores? It might help plug the gap a bit while we wait for the Championship kits.

No, but that being stated - we never do.  

Even from the Store Perspective - they order them 4-6 months out, and they arrive when they arrive, essentially...  FFG no longer advertises directly when such things are in motion.  Even on the Retailer side.  Its been that way for almost 2 years now.

To Explain:  For a while, they were regular like clockwork.  FFG would Email out direct to Retailers when kits were available for order, and give an estimated date of arrival then.  Then for a while, those dates were missed, but they were still doing "broad bucket" emails to all potential retailers to order them.

Then with the major Asmodee Changeover, that responsibility shifted from FFG to Distributors - so now only existing Retailers get their notifications, and potentials are no longer contacted - and being that I was a non-qualified retailer, I no longer get info directly, so its harder for me to comment :)

Edited by Drasnighta

14 hours ago, Norell said:

I'm afraid the new turn in the Trump vs. China war won't help that either...

People are going to S*it a brick when they see the SSD go up 25 to 50 monies because those tariffs go into effect. 

Posted (edited)

I doubt we’ll see it.

I think there’s enough margin to swallow it on existing announced ( and price stated) products.

but it’s the new ones calculated on it where it’s lijely to happen. (Say, a fictional new Armada Clone Wars core set, for example) which is likely to come, but isn’t priced for pre orders.

it also depends on how long you assume both parties can and will keep it up - a temporary (say, year long thing) might not be enough to bother shifting a whole price rate on your pricing system....  but banking it being 5+ is different.

I mean, I’ve been tie-Fighter eatingly wrong before... But logistically speaking, adjusting for a temporary change only to adjust back is paying twice for a net low effect...  And if they were to do so, for that reason, you’d have to wonder how they’d handle existing paid pre orders (both on their own retail and wholesale to international distributors).

Its. A. Mess.

one that’s probably, again, corporately logistically speaking, easiest to ignore for existing product, and only factoring going forward - if at all-.

Edited by Drasnighta

4 hours ago, Norell said:

When is the next big Star Wars or board game related event when we can reasonably expect some news by the way?

I suspect we will get something at GenCon during FFG’s in-flight report. GenCon is August 1-4 this year. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, slasher956 said:

UK Games Expo starts tomorrow ..... so we may get something, but I doubt it!

FFG has a pretty sizeable stand at the Expo, but it looks like they're mostly there to plug KeyForge, and I don't know if there will be anyone from FFG proper there. No sign of any panel events or anything like that.

Outer Rim is being released at the Expo, but that may be limited to the UK.

Edited by Grumbleduke

5 hours ago, Norell said:

When is the next big Star Wars or board game related event when we can reasonably expect some news by the way?

As far as new content and the new ships that are ment to be coming out by the end of the year most likely GEN CON. 

If you are talking about Rebillion in the rim we might ge more details at the UK game expo, but I wont hold my breath. However I do think we will start getting more articals about Rebillion in the Rim in June and July as I think they are aiming for a GEN CON release for it.

Pretty sure they are done telling us stuff about the SSD, and we are just waiting for it to arrive.