Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

Man, we have so much to be thankful for.  I just spent some time in the IA forum...it’s like a rural Florida gas station with no A/C.

When do we think the next physical product will release?  And will it be the SSD or the campaign?  Are we thinking pre-or post Halloween?

On 4/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, slasher956 said:

pre-halloween with the campaign.  Then the final release of the SSD in time for Xmas... or black friday 😛

I think the SSD and the new campaign will be released almost at the same time somewhere around autumn... tending to christmas the two „sizeable“ ships will pop up!

As a side note, you know what annoys me...

When people use the "Not all who wander are lost." quote...

Look Human, Aragorn is talking about the Ring Wraiths. Its not some cutesy quote about traveling. Its a meant to terrify the Hobbits about the dangers of those who are out in the wild lands.

12 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Look Human, Aragorn is talking about the Ring Wraiths. Its not some cutesy quote about traveling. Its a meant to terrify the Hobbits about the dangers of those who are out in the wild lands.

How do you know they're not using it the right way?

1 hour ago, Ling27 said:

Nope! It's about Aragorn and is zero percent about wraiths. While it's true that it's not a generic sentiment about cutesy walks in the woods, it's absolutely the story of Aragorn, a foretelling of his revelation as the heir of Isildur, and not about the dangers of the Shadow.

5 hours ago, Nostromoid said:

Nope! It's about Aragorn and is zero percent about wraiths. While it's true that it's not a generic sentiment about cutesy walks in the woods, it's absolutely the story of Aragorn, a foretelling of his revelation as the heir of Isildur, and not about the dangers of the Shadow.

I know its from the riddle/poem, but doesnt Aragorn say it super early in the book as well? Like, before Weathertop.

1 hour ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Why are we talking about LotR?

Those ******* hobbit movies were boring as ****. Three whole movies of people walking to a ******* volcano...

DaringBogusHypsilophodon-size_restricted

Even the ******* trees walked in those films...

The Road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.  😁

Well, the other issue of my local area, is that it seems NO ONE plays ANY miniatures right now. So its going to take me a bit to get anything going at all. I really enjoy Middle Earth SGB and I think Battle Companies is really fun, so I hope to build that crowd a little as well. But we'll see in the future. Right now, I just need to build up a small presence on the tabletop for Armada. I just need a few more Rebel Ships and maybe I'll do a demo day.

3 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Well, the other issue of my local area, is that it seems NO ONE plays ANY miniatures right now. So its going to take me a bit to get anything going at all. I really enjoy Middle Earth SGB and I think Battle Companies is really fun, so I hope to build that crowd a little as well. But we'll see in the future. Right now, I just need to build up a small presence on the tabletop for Armada. I just need a few more Rebel Ships and maybe I'll do a demo day.

Find a store that hosts friday night magic.... it draws tons of attention, and anyone who plays competitive magic is flush with enough cash to buy in ;D (we actually play at a store that primarily does MTG, and snagged a few of their regulars). 

1 minute ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Find a store that hosts friday night magic.... it draws tons of attention, and anyone who plays competitive magic is flush with enough cash to buy in ;D (we actually play at a store that primarily does MTG, and snagged a few of their regulars).  

The local store doesn't even have very much magic regular players right now. (I've spoken with the owner at length). Lots of people are playing D&D and stuff right now, and I am thinking about starting a SWRPG group and slowly incorporating the various other games into the campaign. Do it as an Age of Rebellion game.

1 minute ago, Ling27 said:

The local store doesn't even have very much magic regular players right now. (I've spoken with the owner at length). Lots of people are playing D&D and stuff right now, and I am thinking about starting a SWRPG group and slowly incorporating the various other games into the campaign. Do it as an Age of Rebellion game.

That's a brilliant idea. I actually have an AoR campaign I designed to incorporate Armada. GM'd it with our gaming group and they were literally begging me to run a second one.  I pre-made the characters. 

Thorne- Human Imperial officer turned rebel after his home town was bombarded and family killed by the imperials without justification.
Zoidbar-Moncal that survived the orbital bombardment of his homeworld and lost MOST his sanity after floating among the dead for a week. (he though he was a crab, dressed in metal plate armor painted red, used vibroaxes fashioned into claws... scutteled sideways when he walked... the whole 9 yards).
GR8-B8- CloneWars era super battle droid that gained sentience while it was being reprogrammed. Considered meat religions (the force) "illogical"

The mission was to infiltrate a hidden imperial research outpost, gather data about the research there and escape with a bonus for destroying all stored files and functional prototypes. 

The party got no further than the first hallway out of the landing bay before being accosted by a deck officer. From there the face of the group pretended to be a security inspector, and gave the whole command structure of the installation lectures about lax the security was and how they were all getting written up... (Had the face not rolled 2 triumph icons EVERY roll as well as passing the dice test, I wouldn't have let it pass, but good rolls are GOOD). They made it to the last guy, who was an enlisted that caught them stealing data. When the enlisted confronted the group with the station CO, he explained it by saying "what if rebels dressed up like imperials" (from this moment on, this became an inside joke with out group... in the theater when rogue one came out the guy who played gr8 b8 ended up shouting "what if rebels?!" when the rogue crew snuck in wearing imp garb.... he did the same thing in TLJ too). They stole the data, data bombed the facility, rigged the core to detonate, disabled the automated weapon platforms, reprogrammed the  defense computer to recognize imperial ships as targets and stole "Admiral screed's" personal Gladiator.

It was at this point that they entered the armada side. 

They had to escape the station with the gladiator. There were two objective tokens on the far side of the map. They had to reach those tokens to jump to hyperspace. 2 interdictor prototypes (which is what the base was researching) patrolled the area. The party was almost immediately engaged, (as Screed kept tabs on his ship and seeing it depart unscheduled, informed the patrol). The PCs were smart though, they drew the Imperial ships in until the stations defenses could engage then fired the first shots and few out of it's range. Once the station started firing they destroyed an interdictor and they flew off. The station detonated damaging the last interdictor. They decided to flee to the jump points. 

This is where I Hyperspaced in 3 kitted ISDs between the Gladiator and the jump points. They took a volley from one ISD and were in bad shape when they crossed the point I marked secretly to "send reinforcements". 2 liberty mc80s and 2 mc80 HO dropped in at range 3 of the ISDs as well as 6 x-wing squads. They fought it out until the gladiator could escape, and that ended the game. 

premade maps if you want 'em
XEZmPU4.png

eLwjT7t.png

usS5sgp.png

KhSb4lA.png

My area’s pretty quiet recent...

*has moment of clarity realizing how good he has it if he can manage to even get a local Battletech campaign going.*

Eh. No complaining here. 

17 hours ago, Ling27 said:

San, I was thinking about doing a similar thing with the AOR starting stuff, and then later on a Raider. Since a raider can be used for both XWING and ARMADA.

It's not a bad idea, I would just plan for the raider to have support ships during the armada phase of the game. They're so fragile after all. 

Will the CIS get Death Watch?

Will Rebels get Mando units?

Will The Mandalorian effect Armada at all?

Find out next time on... this show... thats occuring... yeah, totally...

On 4/25/2019 at 10:10 PM, Darth Sanguis said:

That's a brilliant idea. I actually have an AoR campaign I designed to incorporate Armada. GM'd it with our gaming group and they were literally begging me to run a second one.  I pre-made the characters. 

Thorne- Human Imperial officer turned rebel after his home town was bombarded and family killed by the imperials without justification.
Zoidbar-Moncal that survived the orbital bombardment of his homeworld and lost MOST his sanity after floating among the dead for a week. (he though he was a crab, dressed in metal plate armor painted red, used vibroaxes fashioned into claws... scutteled sideways when he walked... the whole 9 yards).
GR8-B8- CloneWars era super battle droid that gained sentience while it was being reprogrammed. Considered meat religions (the force) "illogical"

The mission was to infiltrate a hidden imperial research outpost, gather data about the research there and escape with a bonus for destroying all stored files and functional prototypes. 

The party got no further than the first hallway out of the landing bay before being accosted by a deck officer. From there the face of the group pretended to be a security inspector, and gave the whole command structure of the installation lectures about lax the security was and how they were all getting written up... (Had the face not rolled 2 triumph icons EVERY roll as well as passing the dice test, I wouldn't have let it pass, but good rolls are GOOD). They made it to the last guy, who was an enlisted that caught them stealing data. When the enlisted confronted the group with the station CO, he explained it by saying "what if rebels dressed up like imperials" (from this moment on, this became an inside joke with out group... in the theater when rogue one came out the guy who played gr8 b8 ended up shouting "what if rebels?!" when the rogue crew snuck in wearing imp garb.... he did the same thing in TLJ too). They stole the data, data bombed the facility, rigged the core to detonate, disabled the automated weapon platforms, reprogrammed the  defense computer to recognize imperial ships as targets and stole "Admiral screed's" personal Gladiator.

It was at this point that they entered the armada side. 

They had to escape the station with the gladiator. There were two objective tokens on the far side of the map. They had to reach those tokens to jump to hyperspace. 2 interdictor prototypes (which is what the base was researching) patrolled the area. The party was almost immediately engaged, (as Screed kept tabs on his ship and seeing it depart unscheduled, informed the patrol). The PCs were smart though, they drew the Imperial ships in until the stations defenses could engage then fired the first shots and few out of it's range. Once the station started firing they destroyed an interdictor and they flew off. The station detonated damaging the last interdictor. They decided to flee to the jump points. 

This is where I Hyperspaced in 3 kitted ISDs between the Gladiator and the jump points. They took a volley from one ISD and were in bad shape when they crossed the point I marked secretly to "send reinforcements". 2 liberty mc80s and 2 mc80 HO dropped in at range 3 of the ISDs as well as 6 x-wing squads. They fought it out until the gladiator could escape, and that ended the game.

Gosh I wish if someone in my area would be willing to play something like this with me...

12 hours ago, Norell said:

Gosh I wish if someone in my area would be willing to play something like this with me...

I myself have written a little story to play through, but only got a couple of people to play a test mission.