Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

Doing another Corellian Conflict (I think this is the 6th I've done since it came out?)

I decided to change it up a bit this time and wanted to make the campaign a pretty public / open event for people to view in my community to try to drum up some excitement with the new releases / announcements coming up, so I'm trying to do a run down of the fights along with round images. 

This is the first fight of the first round of conflict, I'm VERY open to any criticisms and/or recommendations on how I formatted it so feel free to tear it apart. I think my play by play is dull af honestly but I wasn't there for the game, just tried to rebuild it from the pictures and the end result. 

Thanks everybody. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1426883114282179/permalink/2004786046491880/

Posted (edited)

WHOS READY?

This is it.

This is the week we might hear something about anything. Who knows! I dont.

Regardless, I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe in travels, fly well, and roll dice while pushing plastic at each other.

Edited by Ling27
week, not weekend.

Posted (edited)

In honor of the upcoming Armada Announcement (please please please don't be Hyperfake) here is what I came up with on my lunch break instead of meeting that Tuesday night deadline I have: 

Get your tables running,

head out into hyperspace

looking for expansions

and whatever cards come our way

yeah FFG go make it happen

take the players in a lovin' embrace

fire all of your arcs and

explode into space

I like evades and redirecting

Heavy metal star ships

racing with the Vettes'

and the Admiral I'm under

yeah FFG go make it happen

take the players in a lovin' embrace

fire all of your arcs and

explode into space

Yeah, like a true Vader's child

We were born, born to be TTGs

we can MOV so high,

I never, wanna die

Edited by eliteone

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Streaming anything is questionable for the whole tournament at this point, basically, not knowing if there's going to be WIFI or anything like that.

But we do have someone in attendance at least.

Even if there is wifi, it will be over crowded and likely super slow. Even local 4G or other data services will suffer.

1 hour ago, Darth Sanguis said:

The one thing maintaining my sanity this week. 

"Rebellions are built on hope"

1 hour ago, eliteone said:

In honor of the upcoming Armada Announcement (please please please don't be Hyperfake) here is what I came up with on my lunch break instead of meeting that Tuesday night deadline I have: 

Keep it going people.

I wanna fly

The scary ‘vettes

Like no one ever does

To notch them

Is my real test

To aim them is my cause

I will travel across the mat

Trying hard to kite

Use Ackbar to blow them up

With red dice from the side

MSU! Gotta face Demol

And its APT

Can’t let it get next to me

MSU! Oh, I brought Rieekan

And a Lando I must spend

MSU!  Gotta face Demol

A crit so blue

HIE will pull us though

You ram me, and I’ll ram you

MSU!

Gotta face Demol, gotta face Demol

3 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Keep it going people.

I wanna fly...

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE,

AND MAKE IT DOUBLE.

TO PROTECT THE WORLDS FROM DEGREGATION!

TO OPRESS ALL NON-HUMANS WITHIN OUR NATION!

TO DENOUNCE THE EVILS OF DEMOCRACY AND LIGHT.

TO EXTEND OUR REACH TO THE GALAXIES BEYOND!

PALPATINE!

VADER!

TEAM SITH BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF DARK!

SURRENDER NOW OR.... UNLIMITED, POOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR

Well, that scraps my prediction for April 30th.... 

Fudge it, I'm making a prediction that the SSD will be released on my birthday. October 17th.

(yes I'm aware it's not 3rd Q, I never take their projections for Armada at 100%). 

16 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Well, that scraps my prediction for April 30th.... 

Fudge it, I'm making a prediction that the SSD will be released on my birthday. October 17th.

(yes I'm aware it's not 3rd Q, I never take their projections for Armada at 100%). 

scraps my April 1st prediction too *snaps* drat. 

Its like a 60/40 Clone Wars announcement then. Because then they could launch the new Clone Wars content alongside the launch of Season 7 of the show and the launch of the Disney Plus Streaming Service.

Gotta ride that hype while its there.

Just now, Ling27 said:

Its like a 60/40 Clone Wars announcement then. Because then they could launch the new Clone Wars content alongside the launch of Season 7 of the show and the launch of the Disney Plus Streaming Service.

I'm hoping so myself, I'm very interested to see how they'd introduce 2 new factions and which ships/squads they'd include to start off. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I'm hoping so myself, I'm very interested to see how they'd introduce 2 new factions and which ships/squads they'd include to start off. 

Squadrons? Everything they have launched for XWING. They just have to scale down the shapes they already have.

Just now, Ling27 said:

Squadrons? Everything they have launched for XWING. They just have to scale down the shapes they already have.

Well, I suppose it would depend how they release these new products. If they release new factions, it's not out of the picture that they release new core boxes. If they mirror Armada's original release schedule, a full squadron pack may not be immediate.... The current core only included X's and ties after all. 

True, and lets be honest. What you would need to launch a faction with is basically:

1 Floatila

2 Smalls

1 Medium

1 Large

6-8 Squadron types, and maybe 2 Aces for each of those. And that is pretty doable really. But they really need to drop the OG core set and transition over to Faction Starter sets. (Example, Empire: VSD, GSD, Gozanti, 3 Tie Fighters, a Tie Advanced, 2 Tie Bombers.)

Then do one for each faction. They would still come with the range ruler, rulebook, Damage Deck, ect. But this way you could have all the essential materials and not have ships you need to trade or whatever. And doing it for each faction might drive the cost down a little, depending on how you do it, thus inviting more players into the game.

I think the Republic can easily launch with 6 squadrons (Torrent, ARC, LAAT, Delta-7, Y-Wing) and the CIS could easily match that. Same with the layout I listed. Both factions could pull those items out and launch strong. You can even redistribute that if you wanted to change how those factions feel. Maybe the CIS uses less smalls and more mediums. Maybe Republic doesnt have any mediums. Who knows.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:27 AM, Ling27 said:

WHOS READY?

This is it.

This is the week we might hear something about anything. Who knows! I dont.

Regardless, I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe in travels, fly well, and roll dice while pushing plastic at each other.

This makes me laugh... 

"WHOS READY?

This is it.

This is the week we might hear something about anything. Who knows! I dont." 

FFG- "the ssd is delayed" 

Well you weren't wrong... 

53 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

I doubt we get tie in products. 

Just now, cynanbloodbane said:

It is pronounced "TIE.in" or TIE interceptor. While we have most of the TIE.in products we need, I would not rule out additional TIE.in products in the future.

If only the TIE/in products we have were in stock locally.  Fortunately, I can get TIE/ln products, and if you squint real hard they look the same.

You know FFG, it’s bad enough waiting a year for wave release news, now my preorders are taking 12 months too...I’m almost wondering if I should cancel and re-order later, I don’t need to risk the store I preordered from going bust and me losing my deposit...they will have had my money for 12 months by September...