Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

Not only will we see the game's top players unveiling their most creative and refined strategies to compete for the game's biggest prizes, but we'll see the next announcement of a future Star Wars: Armada expansion

There is so much in this article that just screams transparency so thank you FFG!

Wild speculation: with the announcement of the announcement of new expansion, could this mean that this is a Rebel one parallel to the SSD? Could be the reason to delay the SSD so they can release it together. In this case it COULD BE sooner than we might expect it.

5 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Wild speculation: with the announcement of the announcement of new expansion, could this mean that this is a Rebel one parallel to the SSD? Could be the reason to delay the SSD so they can release it together. In this case it COULD BE sooner than we might expect it.

Very possible.

Hum, someone is saying their SSD they pre-ordered has shipped with an estimated delivery date of 4/3 to 4/5. Anyone else see any movements in their pre-orders? (I haven't, I ordered mine through TheWarStore, the poster ordered theirs through "Game Boarders on Amazon")

3 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

Hum, someone is saying their SSD they pre-ordered has shipped with an estimated delivery date of 4/3 to 4/5. Anyone else see any movements in their pre-orders? (I haven't, I ordered mine through TheWarStore, the poster ordered theirs through "Game Boarders on Amazon")

Almost a month for Postage?

59 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Almost a month for Postage?

maybe they've received their "you'll get it by this date" from FFG and are estimating their shipping / arrival time based on that. That's a strong"maybe" there, I'm skeptical too but that's why I'm asking on here if anyone has seen any movement. Having said that it puts it in line with your prediction and just after my joke date of "a firm April 1st release date". 

1 hour ago, dominosfleet said:

maybe they've received their "you'll get it by this date" from FFG and are estimating their shipping / arrival time based on that. That's a strong"maybe" there, I'm skeptical too but that's why I'm asking on here if anyone has seen any movement. Having said that it puts it in line with your prediction and just after my joke date of "a firm April 1st release date". 

It’s also, like, a day or two after worlds...

Youd thibk If deliveries were that close, post included, they’d have them in the warehouse for Worlds....

This close to worlds the SSD likely would throw to much craziness into the game. It likely requires a FAQ for some of the SSD rules and some crazy changes to a few other things. So its likely the SSD will be out really close after AdeptiCon.

20 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

I've found out that Skull Forge makes a Dooku mini for Legion... I know my next imperial ship commander.

https://www.nobleknight.com/Products/Star-Wars-Miniatures-Knight-Models-30mm

This stuff is hard to get a hold of. But Knight Models made the best Star Wars miniatures ever produced. I could never afford to buy any until they had to drop the license. It's one of my big mini gaming regrets.

I miss the days where every time I would hop over to forum after completing a task, I could read something new and fun on this forum. Really hoping our waiting is awarded, I want that back. The *something* at World's better not be Hyperspace Report 2.0...

Positive vibes IronNerd, positive vibes. Keep. Being. Positive.

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Baited Breath, given the second SSD article, and the knowledge we get something at Worlds...

i figured, we're all semi excited. Imagining how pi**ed the forums are going to if it ends up being another hyperspace report makes me smirk (not being negative, just enjoy dark humor and I'm pretty confident this forum will figure out how to burn itself down if that happens again)

7 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

I miss the days where every time I would hop over to forum after completing a task, I could read something new and fun on this forum. Really hoping our waiting is awarded, I want that back. The *something* at World's better not be Hyperspace Report 2.0...

Lol I've been sitting on posting this since like a min after dras posted his just trying to figure out how not to sound like I'm just being a negative nancy. I just think it'd be funny if people rioted if the announcement was horrid, I'm trying to imagine the worst thing they could announce. I can't imagine it NOT being armada related since they've very much directly said it will be, but what's the most disappointing thing they could say. 

2 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

... but what's the most disappointing thing they could say. 

FFG: We've decided that, while we all love angry triangles, the heroes dogfighting in the squadron battles is the real heart of Star Wars. Therefore, we are increasing squadron points to one-half instead of one-third. The next release will be a simple expansion that adds new unique squadrons, many of which are designed to buff/de-buff squadrons within range.

IronNerd: *weeps not-so-gently*

I think the only "most disappointing" thing we could all agree on is them canceling Armada. Otherwise we would all start arguing over how it could have been way more disappointing if they said *insert thing here*.

33 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

16 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

FFG: We've decided that, while we all love angry triangles, the heroes dogfighting in the squadron battles is the real heart of Star Wars. Therefore, we are increasing squadron points to one-half instead of one-third. The next release will be a simple expansion that adds new unique squadrons, many of which are designed to buff/de-buff squadrons within range.

IronNerd: *weeps not-so-gently*

I think the only "most disappointing" thing we could all agree on is them canceling Armada. Otherwise we would all start arguing over how it could have been way more disappointing if they said *insert thing here*.

*sigh*

FFG: While the Galactic Civil War is pretty fleshed out, we've barely scratched the surface of other eras of Star Wars naval combat.  We're thrilled to announce the first wave of Clone Wars expansions, including a new core set and conversion kits.  And more AOE squadrons.  Deal with it.

1 hour ago, Ling27 said:

Man. I wont like, S much as I also dislike how powerful Squadrons are in Armada... I do love the idea of using boarding team transports like the LAAT. A buddy and I did a game with some Mel's LAATs to do that.

Imagine a Jedi boarding party. (Yes I know we have Vader). But if we go clone wars you can go with anakin and obi wan. 

1 hour ago, Packerman29 said:

Imagine a Jedi boarding party. (Yes I know we have Vader). But if we go clone wars you can go with anakin and obi wan. 

The rules we have been playing, is for 15pts you have a squadron that can carry only a boarding team upgrade. Then at range 2 of an enemy ship it can discard the boarding team to resolve its effect. Its had some success, but its a fun one to try to pull off.

If we gonna get a CW expansion I'm sure it will be full of boarding parties and raid tokens. We can see in the animated series that they board each other in every second episode after all...