Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

2 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

OOF

That's just short of a lethal dose of salt right there. 

We gotta be getting a preview soon. I'll venture to say we'll have news about the SSD by the end of the month.  

On the bright side, once it's released it should be absolutely epic to see on the table. One of my customers wanted a couple of custom SSD acrylic ship tokens and was kind enough to provide pictures of the battle. Having seen his placeholder on my token being used. My hype level for the SSD has jumped from 0-100 real freakin' quick. 

49370377_1963238900645627_91264468398710

49008872_536006843546682_829818390603366

48963741_376162246452725_251263838736665

49766453_1956287708009977_69454132996514

48985336_1023856124471842_81369891877997

49169643_733098773728301_794301347527655

All aboard the HYPE TRAIN! 

CHOOOO CHOOOOO!

there was a whole ISD.... where is it gone? :)

10 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

As a heads up interdictors are dirt cheap currently. 15 monies, i just grabbed 2 more to bring me up to 3

And for anyone in the UK, this still works out as cheaper (with shipping and tax) than most of the UK stockists (£22.25). At least, until the pound crashes again.

Is there any reason to have a second Interdictor if you don't need lots of Flight Commanders?

2 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

And for anyone in the UK, this still works out as cheaper (with shipping and tax) than most of the UK stockists (£22.25). At least, until the pound crashes again.

Is there any reason to have a second Interdictor if you don't need lots of Flight Commanders?

Only way to get flight commanders (if you want a 2nd), another way to get a 2nd (or 3rd) Fighter Coordination Team as the Pelta is the only other ship to give it, also besides Raiders, the only way to get Quad Laser Turrets.

Edited by Karneck

30 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Only way to get flight commanders (if you want a 2nd), another way to get a 2nd (or 3rd) Fighter Coordination Team as the Pelta is the only other ship to give it, also besides Raiders, the only way to get Quad Laser Turrets.

And you can fit 2 kitted out Dictors + an ISD/Demo and Flots in a list.  It’s not good, but it’s fun.

15 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

Looks great, what scale are you guys running it at/ did you decide on? are you doing it as 2 isd lengths or?

I'm not sure what his model was scaled to, I'm guessing it's one of @melminiatures seeing as that's the most affordable high-detail options at the moment. The Acrylic token was designed using the picture of the arc lines that FFG released in it's original preview. It's about 2 and a half large bases long. 

swm20_ship-and-token.png

swm20_ship-scale.png

Looks like just an X-Wing preview today. I guess X-Wing 2.3 is getting a higher priority than the SSD, which isn't good.

I wonder what is holding it up? Are they having trouble with the wording for the rules changes? It seems unlikely to be a manufacturing problem if X-Wing 2.3 and more Legion are still being made, unless their factory can't handle the size of the SSD and they've needed to go somewhere else?

Or its done and literally on its way in Shipping Containers somewhere over the Pacific and we're just waiting for it to hit Port...

Or it hasn't left China's port yet.

Or its hit a US Port, but is wrapped up in Customs and Such.

All of these things have happened and will happen...  But at least the Chinese Port isn't exploding this time.

Edited by Drasnighta

23 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

Looks like just an X-Wing preview today. I guess X-Wing 2.3 is getting a higher priority than the SSD, which isn't good.

I wonder what is holding it up? Are they having trouble with the wording for the rules changes? It seems unlikely to be a manufacturing problem if X-Wing 2.3 and more Legion are still being made, unless their factory can't handle the size of the SSD and they've needed to go somewhere else?

Well, I would assume it has to do with manufacturing. Based on the pictures I've seen the model is VERY detailed. The larger the part that's being injected, the more chances for problems in fabrication to arise. On the other hand, the more parts they break it into the more time goes into assembly and painting. Realistically, the delay could be entirely related to fabrication. It could also have to do with the paper side of this release. From what I understand FFG does their paper printing in country, with so many upgrades in the release, as well as so many other IPs getting printed and reprinted, it could take time. 

We also have to consider that we don't actually know what the plans are. They could have a new errata ready for us and they don't want to drop it until Regionals are over. There are a lot of possibilities. 

22 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

My favorite quote from the x-wing foums. 

"I'm so so so tired of waiting for the GotR article"

patients my young grasshopper.

I do think its a little ridicules that x-wing has gotten so much news about upcoming products, products that were only teased at gen con, and we haven't heard anything about a product that was reviled at gen con.

13 hours ago, Bakura83 said:

Thank you.  It felt like therapy.  Like watching the Plinket Reviews.

I only found red letter media 3 or 4 months ago and have already watched everything they've put on youtube, I'm now a patreon member because I love them and they deserve my money each month for the content they put out. 

If anyone doesn't watch their stuff I highly recommend it, I'd start with "Scientist man's plan to save star wars" for theme and it's fantastic. 

28 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Or its done and literally on its way in Shipping Containers somewhere over the Pacific and we're just waiting for it to hit Port...

Or it hasn't left China's port yet.

Or its hit a US Port, but is wrapped up in Customs and Such.

All of these things have happened and will happen...  But at least the Chinese Port isn't exploding this time.

Lol i mean, it's always good when Chinese ports don't explode.

I think people wouldn't be frustrated about its current point in production if FFG was diligent in updating their timeline.  But it's one of the million points of failed customer outreach so whatever. Good news is that something about x-wing was posted today so you know, things are good. I hope they add a grevious model to legion soon so i can get a grevious model and continue to pretend that game doesn't exist. 

Just now, dominosfleet said:

Lol i mean, it's always good when Chinese ports don't explode.

I think people wouldn't be frustrated about its current point in production if FFG was diligent in updating their timeline.  But it's one of the million points of failed customer outreach so whatever. Good news is that something about x-wing was posted today so you know, things are good. I hope they add a grevious model to legion soon so i can get a grevious model and continue to pretend that game doesn't exist. 

Mels has a nice one, with a decent Obi Wan to oppose

1 minute ago, dominosfleet said:

I hope they add a grevious model to legion soon so i can get a grevious model and continue to pretend that game doesn't exist. 

I'll admit the salty part of me is glad that Legion seems just about totally dead in my area.  Pretty much since a month after arrival, in fact.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

13 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Mels has a nice one, with a decent Obi Wan to oppose

I really wanted to love it(immediately went and looked after you mentioned) but something feels off. I'm not sure if it's a restriction on height of models they have, his gate, or that he feels a little thin but something seems off. Obi doesn't look bad and reminds me that I'd desperately like them to make a movie staring Ewan Mcgregor...gonna need to go watch the scene in rebels with him. 

Side note: droidekas look great, i like the battle droids (though I didn't see any supers, hope they add those), and the clones all looked pretty decent. 

Edited by dominosfleet

11 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

My Legion addiction REALLY doesn't need CIS models any time soon... I'm so far behind on my painting as is. 

Looking over the Mel's models has me worried that I'm going to pick up a couple boxes of CIS stuff just to build and paint even with no interest in playing (which is sort of how i started with armada, I'd started buying up models for armada nearly a year before getting my first game in). 

3 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

Looking over the Mel's models has me worried that I'm going to pick up a couple boxes of CIS stuff just to build and paint even with no interest in playing (which is sort of how i started with armada, I'd started buying up models for armada nearly a year before getting my first game in). 

I really enjoy Legion and I especially like that FFG has chosen to support more narrative style OP events as well as typical matches.  A little narrative goe s a long way with me for playing a game.  Still really hoping for another Armada campaign for that reason. 

2 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

just to build and paint even with no interest in playing

This is how it ALWAYS starts then, just 6 short months later

cXonlfF.jpg

YF2Yr4w.jpg

2tZUvIe.jpg

gg6iylE.jpg

XrNP0UH.jpg

47680073_757439447958567_301288319265590

and before I knew it...

48917500_772910883078090_182343948948209

with 100% hand made custom mats and all....

I just bought into rebels too... seriously, I have a problem...

1 minute ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Let's just hope the SSD wasn't on that cargo ship that tipped off the Dutch coast not long ago

https://imgur.com/a/qq6o9dH

If it was, they got lost

Because that'd be the second shipment out.  FFG sends their supply to the US, where its broken down and sent out to other International Distributors.  They don't receive direct from China...  Uness of course, they've changed procedure recently