Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

5 hours ago, DrakonLord said:

Are you kidding? Have you seen how much people are asking for complete squad 1 rebel packs?

I searched on eBay for 15 seconds and found a complete one for under £30.  Over priced, but affordable.   Can you find me a Hedgerow **** expansion on eBay for under £30?  Because I’d happily pay that for one.

24 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

I searched on eBay for 15 seconds and found a complete one for under £30.  Over priced, but affordable.   Can you find me a Hedgerow **** expansion on eBay for under £30?  Because I’d happily pay that for one.

And as i posted above ive seen single squads sell for $75. For a "supported" game to be so out of stock for soo long on a major expansion is repulsive.

Hedgerow H-e-l-l expansion right? Ill keep an eye out for u.

1 hour ago, DrakonLord said:

And as i posted above ive seen single squads sell for $75. For a "supported" game to be so out of stock for soo long on a major expansion is repulsive.

Hedgerow H-e-l-l expansion right? Ill keep an eye out for u.

Yeah that’s the one.  I could only afford one at silly prices and even then there was only one of each so i went with Tigers in the Snow.  Now they are gone gone.  This is Asmodee as well as far as I know so maybe this is just the new normal. 😑

The £27 brand new unopened Rebels squadron I is still available - do you guys get hit with a heavy tax when you bring it over from the UK?  I can’t believe £27 is that much in $ with our economy in pre-Brexit free fall.

Edited by Bakura83

6 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

Yeah that’s the one.  I could only afford one at silly prices and even then there was only one of each so i went with Tigers in the Snow.  Now they are gone gone.  This is Asmodee as well as far as I know so maybe this is just the new normal. 😑

The £27 brand new unopened Rebels squadron I is still available - do you guys get hit with a heavy tax when you bring it over from the UK?  I can’t believe £27 is that much in $ with our economy in pre-Brexit free fall.

$1 AUS is about £0.5, so that would be about $45 id recon. But its australia, shipping may as well be to the moon lol

Ok I’ve read the new article and I’m either stupid or tired or both - what the heck is Hyperspace mode exactly, and why aren’t they making new modes for Armada?

DOES FFG LIKE X-Wing MORE?

1 hour ago, Bakura83 said:

Ok I’ve read the new article and I’m either stupid or tired or both - what the heck is Hyperspace mode exactly, and why aren’t they making new modes for Armada?

DOES FFG LIKE X-Wing MORE?

From my understanding hyperspace mode goses though sessions, and each seasion only certain cards and ships are legal, though I dont play x-wing so that's just my understanding, perhaps im wrong. I would kinda like to see something like this for armada, but I would like it more along the lines of a new objective pack with more objective cards, and during a seasion a different mix of objectives where legal, though with FFGs app crazy I really think the only way we will get something like that is if we get an app, and that might constitute an Armada 2.0, and possibly why news has been slow going with not wainting to announce 2.0 before the SSD releases.

I just sold a Rebel I, Rebel II, Flotilla, and CR90 pack set for $100 to a new player in VA on eBay.

I also was offered $135 for the same set, but the buyer backed out after seeing how much it was to ship to the land down under. Single packs of Rebel I were selling between $50-150 when I valued my sale. 

3 hours ago, xero989 said:

I really think the only way we will get something like that is if we get an app, and that might constitute an Armada 2.0, and possibly why news has been slow going with not wainting to announce 2.0 before the SSD releases.

Seems more likely we'll get an axe. 

22 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

Am i not allowed to play a game I enjoy Dras? 

Sure you are, but the constant negativity is old. We get it, you think the game is dead. Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over. You are driving people away. 

1 minute ago, mcworrell said:

Sure you are, but the constant negativity is old. We get it, you think the game is dead. Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over. You are driving people away. 

It's true, it's my negativity that's killing the game, not a literal year between releases. 

4 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

It's true, it's my negativity that's killing the game, not a literal year between releases. 

Oh I’m not saying everything is sunshine and roses, obviously the lack of any news is bad for the game, but I come here to discuss a game I really like that let’s me play with plastic spaceships and to get away from stress. I don’t need the constant negativity spewing.

But you do you. Enjoy.

6 minutes ago, mcworrell said:

Oh I’m not saying everything is sunshine and roses, obviously the lack of any news is bad for the game, but I come here to discuss a game I really like that let’s me play with plastic spaceships and to get away from stress. I don’t need the constant negativity spewing.

But you do you. Enjoy.

I thought about it and I think you're right, I'm going to try to put a positive spin on all of my posts from now on. 

To start off I want to say how happy I am that this game exists. I really enjoy getting games in once a month or so if I can happen to find anyone that still plays this game in a 50 mile radius because all of the stores in St. Louis have stopped carrying it. 

I also really enjoy the occasional article that FFG puts up, the last being nearly a month ago and was fantastic because it talked about how we could get some redirect tokens if we can manage to find a store that still hosts tournaments for this game. 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/12/19/redirect-your-fleet/

In fact I was inspired to go back and review all of the positive news that FFG has put out about this game in the past year and I was not let down

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/star-wars-armada/?

There were 15 whole articles over a generous 12 month period, if you count tournament/regional/adepticon announcements, that's over  1 time a month that FFG acknowledges our existence and the time/money we put into their company. 

I also want to thank FFG for announcing such a wonderful new release. Clearly a lot of time and effort went into this massive, single faction release that was clearly meant to be put out nearly two years ago but it was obviously the time honored dedication FFG puts toward excellence, and not any idea of them pulling resources from the development of this game to put into other games they consider more profitable, that made sure it was released the right way so it wouldn't have to be ruled on later on in any type of FAQ that FFG has a history of needing to release to fix their rule messes. Yep, I'm very excited to have my preorder fully paid off(do you? You should, show your support for the community) and waiting the indeterminate amount of time before it's release. 

Best of all are the forums. Here we can see people ask questions that were easily google-able, wonder if the game will ever be increased to 100000000 points because one time someone had a cool game with their friend, and learn about how the negativity of a community can have a deeper impact on the overall well-being of it than the neglect and indifference a company shows to its fanbase. That negativity makes people sad, and making people sad is mean/wrong. 

Now if  you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch as FFG puts down Runewars behind the shed old yeller style because that game didn't meet its sales quota. 

It's nihilism, it's gallows humor, and it's said in jest. If you don't get that that's on you, I'm not changing the way I present myself to make you feel more comfortable on a forum everyone is welcome on. If you have a problem with me pointing out that FFG neglects this game, and a lot of their games, you're going to need to learn to deal with it because the internet is dark and full of terror and people aren't going to coddle you just because what they say makes you sad. Bright side, I'm pretty sure there are forums for people that collect those rainbow pony things and my understanding is they're pretty nice, you could even get a rainbow sparkle or something. 

OOF

That's just short of a lethal dose of salt right there. 

We gotta be getting a preview soon. I'll venture to say we'll have news about the SSD by the end of the month.  

On the bright side, once it's released it should be absolutely epic to see on the table. One of my customers wanted a couple of custom SSD acrylic ship tokens and was kind enough to provide pictures of the battle. Having seen his placeholder on my token being used. My hype level for the SSD has jumped from 0-100 real freakin' quick. 

49370377_1963238900645627_91264468398710

49008872_536006843546682_829818390603366

48963741_376162246452725_251263838736665

49766453_1956287708009977_69454132996514

48985336_1023856124471842_81369891877997

49169643_733098773728301_794301347527655

All aboard the HYPE TRAIN! 

CHOOOO CHOOOOO!

1 hour ago, dominosfleet said:

Am i not allowed to play a game I enjoy Dras? 

Do you, though?

It just... doesn’t sound like it. At all.

It also doesn’t sound like you want anyone else to, either.

Thats just my impression. And what you’re giving out is the feeling that it’s all gone and it’s best to cut and run while you can...

I wish I could see it another way, that’s all...

its not easy for me either. It’s hard to manage an article prediction thread with all prediction and no article - but I’d rather keep the faith.

The secret being - we don’t need FFG. What they do is nice, but if we put the effort in ourselves, and not get bogged down in negativity - we can do great things.

42 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

I thought about it and I think you're right, I'm going to try to put a positive spin on all of my posts from now on. 

To start off I want to say how happy I am that this game exists. I really enjoy getting games in once a month or so if I can happen to find anyone that still plays this game in a 50 mile radius because all of the stores in St. Louis have stopped carrying it. 

I also really enjoy the occasional article that FFG puts up, the last being nearly a month ago and was fantastic because it talked about how we could get some redirect tokens if we can manage to find a store that still hosts tournaments for this game. 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/12/19/redirect-your-fleet/

In fact I was inspired to go back and review all of the positive news that FFG has put out about this game in the past year and I was not let down

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/star-wars-armada/?

There were 15 whole articles over a generous 12 month period, if you count tournament/regional/adepticon announcements, that's over  1 time a month that FFG acknowledges our existence and the time/money we put into their company. 

I also want to thank FFG for announcing such a wonderful new release. Clearly a lot of time and effort went into this massive, single faction release that was clearly meant to be put out nearly two years ago but it was obviously the time honored dedication FFG puts toward excellence, and not any idea of them pulling resources from the development of this game to put into other games they consider more profitable, that made sure it was released the right way so it wouldn't have to be ruled on later on in any type of FAQ that FFG has a history of needing to release to fix their rule messes. Yep, I'm very excited to have my preorder fully paid off(do you? You should, show your support for the community) and waiting the indeterminate amount of time before it's release. 

Best of all are the forums. Here we can see people ask questions that were easily google-able, wonder if the game will ever be increased to 100000000 points because one time someone had a cool game with their friend, and learn about how the negativity of a community can have a deeper impact on the overall well-being of it than the neglect and indifference a company shows to its fanbase. That negativity makes people sad, and making people sad is mean/wrong. 

Now if  you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch as FFG puts down Runewars behind the shed old yeller style because that game didn't meet its sales quota. 

It's nihilism, it's gallows humor, and it's said in jest. If you don't get that that's on you, I'm not changing the way I present myself to make you feel more comfortable on a forum everyone is welcome on. If you have a problem with me pointing out that FFG neglects this game, and a lot of their games, you're going to need to learn to deal with it because the internet is dark and full of terror and people aren't going to coddle you just because what they say makes you sad. Bright side, I'm pretty sure there are forums for people that collect those rainbow pony things and my understanding is they're pretty nice, you could even get a rainbow sparkle or something. 

One last reply, which will be short because it obviously doesn’t mean as much to me as it does to you. 

It is not all sunshine and rainbows. I’m dying for news as much as anyone else, but what is the value of constantly shouting, “It’s dead!”? Really, there is no value in it. They either don’t read these board or just don’t care enough to engage the community.

Either way, keep shouting if it makes you happy. I’m going to go over here and try to look at the bright side of things. 

14 minutes ago, mcworrell said:

One last reply, which will be short because it obviously doesn’t mean as much to me as it does to you. 

It is not all sunshine and rainbows. I’m dying for news as much as anyone else, but what is the value of constantly shouting, “It’s dead!”? Really, there is no value in it. They either don’t read these board or just don’t care enough to engage the community.

Either way, keep shouting if it makes you happy. I’m going to go over here and try to look at the bright side of things. 

I didn't shout once. 

going back behind the shed waiting for our turn. 

19 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Do you, though?

Thats just my impression.

I wish I could see it another way, that’s all...

its not easy for me either. It’s hard to manage an article prediction thread with all prediction and no article - but I’d rather keep the faith.

The secret being - we don’t need FFG. What they do is nice, but if we put the effort in ourselves, and not get bogged down in negativity - we can do great things.

"Do you, though?"

Yep

"Thats just my impression."

And you're wrong. I'm here because I enjoy the game but I'm not going to lie to make your life easier. 

"I wish I could see it another way, that’s all..." 

no you don't, it's easier to whine about someone nay saying, suggesting they're the problem. You made the active decision to not view what I wrote above outside the realm of dark humor. 

"but I’d rather keep the faith."

Casual stroll through an insane asylum. 

"The secret being - we don’t need FFG"

Impressive delusion. BFG is a great game, how many people do you personally know that play it. How often do you see it played at your local gaming clubs? How easy would it be for the average person to get into it now a days (pre relaunch, though I suppose if you're willing to wait 20 years for FFG to relaunch if you think that's their model more power to you)

3 minutes ago, duck_bird said:

Man some of you jerks are like the $&#hole in an online game who "quits" but doesn't actually leave and spends the next 20 minutes yelling at everyone in all chat.

Take your bat and ball and go home already. 

Actively playing the game when I can guy, I WAS the person organizing the tournament scene in this area. I became busy with work and it all fell apart. I hear so many people telling me I'm what's bad for the game while they simultaneously tell people to quit the game it blows my mind "we'll be fine if all the people that ever suggest the game might not be in a good spot quit". Good luck guy 

@dominosfleetI don't think that you personally are driving folks away (or bad for the game or whatever) but is this how you want to operate?

If we were all in a store face to face playing Armada would you just constantly pour on salt?  If so, I'm seriously just asking you to take a step back and realize what you're doing.

50 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

OOF

That's just short of a lethal dose of salt right there. 

We gotta be getting a preview soon. I'll venture to say we'll have news about the SSD by the end of the month.  

On the bright side, once it's released it should be absolutely epic to see on the table. One of my customers wanted a couple of custom SSD acrylic ship tokens and was kind enough to provide pictures of the battle. Having seen his placeholder on my token being used. My hype level for the SSD has jumped from 0-100 real freakin' quick. 

49370377_1963238900645627_91264468398710

49008872_536006843546682_829818390603366

48963741_376162246452725_251263838736665

49766453_1956287708009977_69454132996514

48985336_1023856124471842_81369891877997

49169643_733098773728301_794301347527655

All aboard the HYPE TRAIN! 

CHOOOO CHOOOOO!

Looks great, what scale are you guys running it at/ did you decide on? are you doing it as 2 isd lengths or?

1 minute ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

@dominosfleetI don't think that you personally are driving folks away (or bad for the game or whatever) but is this how you want to operate?

If we were all in a store face to face playing Armada would you just constantly pour on salt?  If so, I'm seriously just asking you to take a step back and realize what you're doing.

dreaded double post. 

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I would ABSOLUTELY make that same old yeller reference. 

That's the thing, I'm a symptom. There's ALWAYS going to be someone going "kinda feels like this is dying". If you look above this all started when someone wishlisted for an app and 2.0. I jokingly added that an axe is more likely with the shed moment so close in the rear view mirror. Then dras got whiny because "on no someone said something about mah game" then mcworryer said I'm driving people away because I'm pointing out that ffg doesn't support their systems they dont view as successful with a dark humor slant. 

It's weird that this isn't clear

I WANT THE GAME TO DO WELL. It's not

I WOULD LIKE FFG TO SUPPORT IT. They're not. 

I WOULD LIKE THIS GAME TO HAVE A FUTURE. ...my 8 ball hasn't given me an answer yet. 

Maybe everything will get better, but I'm not the problem and being upset with me isn't going to fix the problem. But hey, if you guys wanna gather the timber and burn the old yeller kid before the shed moment because you think he was the problem and not the rabies feel free. it's no skin off my nose to be in online back and forths like this, maybe if you #thoughtsandprayers it hard enough you'll stop the most likely thing to happen...I just wouldn't want to be a grade schooler at that institution. 

And if it's all good with you, I'm going to keep playing and nay saying, whine away.