Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

57 minutes ago, Darth Veggie said:

Wow, yesterday I considered buying into it, because of the Armada hiatus and because it has the best activation system in miniature gaming IMO. Good that I haven't!

Dodged a bullet there mate...

...isn’t Legion basically the same system though?

Edited by Bakura83

25 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

Dodged a bullet there mate...

...isn’t Legion basically the same system though?

Not at all. In Runewars activation order is determined by the chosen type of action (and unit). To translate it into Armada terms: it would be like nav commands have a different initiative than cf or engineering for example (and it would also be modified by the unit type in question). 

7 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

You didn’t open your [sarcasm] code so I didn’t realise you weren’t serious until the end.

And thus you fell into my incomplete-code trap!

I guess writers of Spanish feel the same way about how the most people write questions and exclamations.

8 hours ago, NebulonB said:

so they bundle it with IA (if that was known already, I missed it).

FFG center not big enough for all 4, surely. And IA seemed the more natural partner to detach from the center 😉

If they codename both games “Hansel” and “Gretel” then we know we’ve got a red flag...

Legion is on the rise. After all, it's FFG's first ground-combat tabletop game. I don't mind that, but I really would like to have some news about Armada. Crabbok gave me some slight hope though...

2 hours ago, Norell said:

Legion is on the rise. After all, it's FFG's first ground-combat tabletop game. I don't mind that, but I really would like to have some news about Armada. Crabbok gave me some slight hope though...

Except for their previous ground-combat games, including IA their first Star Wars ground-combat game.

Edited by Cusm

40 minutes ago, Norell said:

IA isn't really a ground combat game, more like a strategy game.

If you are not using strategy in your combat games, you are playing them wrong. 

1 hour ago, Cusm said:

If you are not using strategy in your combat games, you are playing them wrong. 

It’s still a completely different category. I would never describe imperial assault as a ground combat game.

17 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

It’s still a completely different category. I would never describe imperial assault as a ground combat game.

Nor would I describe Legion as FFG's first ground combat game. And I would consider IA a skirmish game that is more akin to ground combat than a strategy game. I mean you have ground units that engage in a limited skirmish style combat. 

Whatever. It still doesn't change the fact thatKegion is a game on the rise. It's hugely popular both in theme (Star Wars) and the concept (battling with figures without a board to limit possibilities). I'm not surprised it gets so much attention. And frankly I wouldn't be bothered by it either id we could get at leas a few morsel of information about my preferred game.

To make a prediction (which is even remotely linked to articles), there a some relevant facts:

• There is at least a half year hiatus between Armada waves (with the exception of the waves III/IV which were originally one wave; hence, we can ignore that exception).
  • There are regular waves and sometimes there are releases that are not linked to waves (like Corellian Conflict for Armada; for X-Wing that happens all the time).
  • A well known playtester has called here on the forums in an announcement he made the SSD wave VIII (I won't mention the playtester nor the occasion when that happened in order to avoid troubles for the person in question; if you read the forums a lot in all aspects, you might know anyway 😜).

These facts seem to indicate to me that the next releases after the SSD are quite far away. Why? The playtester in question would not have called the SSD Wave VIII, if some other product is far advanced. Because in that case there would be a high chance that the SSD is an irregular release independent of the wave release cycles. I do not want to say that this means that the SSD will actually labeled Wave VIII. The playtester could simply have drawn the wrong conclusions or other things might be the reason that the SSD will not be labled Wave VIII. All I want to deduce is that the SSD fits in the minimum hiatus between waves. That means, most likely we can start to count on an announcement article of another wave from May on (or even later) and an actual release of this post SSD wave from December on.

Edited by Darth Veggie

Personally speaking, the last news I ever had was in Summer 2017 when they announced Thrawn / Raddus.

I never doubted the SSD from the start, was just a question of when and I dont count it (very thankful, though).

Say what you want, from August 2017 on is a very long time. 

Edited by NebulonB

Legion is a great game.  Also, I would argue that the long term health of Armada is not threatened by Legion going strong/getting updates; in fact if anything it helps it in the long run.  FFG is more than capable of handling multiple games at once.  That they don't seem to be showing any love to Armada is not Legion's fault, and the stronger the sales of Star Wars IP stuff overall, I think, the more likely it is that they retain good/positive licensing terms with Disney and the overall likelihood they come back around to Armada at some point.

Or, maybe they will drop it and we'll all be sad. 😞

16 hours ago, Darth Veggie said:

To make a prediction (which is even remotely linked to articles), there a some relevant facts:

• There is at least a half year hiatus between Armada waves (with the exception of the waves III/IV which were originally one wave; hence, we can ignore that exception).
  • There are regular waves and sometimes there are releases that are not linked to waves (like Corellian Conflict for Armada; for X-Wing that happens all the time).
  • A well known playtester has called here on the forums in an announcement he made the SSD wave VIII (I won't mention the playtester nor the occasion when that happened in order to avoid troubles for the person in question; if you read the forums a lot in all aspects, you might know anyway 😜).

These facts seem to indicate to me that the next releases after the SSD are quite far away. Why? The playtester in question would not have called the SSD Wave VIII, if some other product is far advanced. Because in that case there would be a high chance that the SSD is an irregular release independent of the wave release cycles. I do not want to say that this means that the SSD will actually labeled Wave VIII. The playtester could simply have drawn the wrong conclusions or other things might be the reason that the SSD will not be labled Wave VIII. All I want to deduce is that the SSD fits in the minimum hiatus between waves. That means, most likely we can start to count on an announcement article of another wave from May on (or even later) and an actual release of this post SSD wave from December on.

Good luck man. As I remember it FFG had a huge announcement around last May for us too, just tune in on a specific day in late April / early May for a little over an hour long announcement that I'm SURE will be related directly to this specific game and not something entirely different because otherwise the community would be incredibly angry if told something special / big was coming and then given an hour long announcement for an entirely different game. 

FFG has Zero credibility, people clinging to the idea they wouldn't betray loyal fans can look to runewars for what that kind of faith in the gets you. 

Edited by dominosfleet

5 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

14 days and it'll be 1 year between releases

Jeebus, that’s extremely poor for a gaming company (any company even) that wants its brand/line to prosper. 

To say nothing of keeping stock of existing lines flowing.

But they must know that, which leaves two possibilities- a) they know & they can’t do anything about it for whatever reason or b) they don’t care.

8 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

Jeebus, that’s extremely poor for a gaming company (any company even) that wants its brand/line to prosper. 

To say nothing of keeping stock of existing lines flowing.

But they must know that, which leaves two possibilities- a) they know & they can’t do anything about it for whatever reason or b) they don’t care.

It’s not unheard of.  Memoir 44 hasn’t had a release since April 18 and the last one wasn’t even a miniatures expansion, just cards and maps.  Some of its expansions are so rare they sell on eBay for hundreds of dollars.  At least Armada isn’t that bad yet.

19 hours ago, Bakura83 said:

It’s not unheard of.  Memoir 44 hasn’t had a release since April 18 and the last one wasn’t even a miniatures expansion, just cards and maps.  Some of its expansions are so rare they sell on eBay for hundreds of dollars.  At least Armada isn’t that bad yet.

Are you kidding? Have you seen how much people are asking for complete squad 1 rebel packs?

19 hours ago, Bakura83 said:

Not to mention we had a guy advertise SINGLE squadron stands for 15$. Just a single squadron stand. 

11 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Not to mention we had a guy advertise SINGLE squadron stands for 15$. Just a single squadron stand. 

About a month ago saw someone on gumtree selling single unpainted squadrons for $70 each >.>

Edited by DrakonLord