Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

7 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

Looks like I lost some space bucks.  =(

You lost space bucks? I am unaware of this meaning, but that is never good my man. Have you tried using the Frist Bank of Orodruin? One does not simply walk into the bank's lobby, as the security is pretty tight.

(Thats a joke for nerds.)

16 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

Good news everyone, x-wing got another article. It was nearly 2 weeks there, I was getting worried. 

Hey, we should be sympathetic to them; at the moment the only officially "Upcoming" X-Wing products are Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kits - at least we have one proper Upcoming product, and several Awaiting Reprint. We're getting more new content than X-Wing at the moment! According to the "Upcoming" page.

11 hours ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Hopefully for April Fool’s Day FFG announces Spaceball 1 and Eagle 5 expansions for Wave IX.

We could use the StarSpeeder 3000.  That is cannon and in universe! ^_^

1 hour ago, Grumbleduke said:

Oh look, FFG has just announced a whole new game. A LotR miniatures+cards board game, co-operative, with computer-controlled opponents.

Looks like another game I will be buying that I don’t really have the money for but it looks sooooo good I won’t be able to resist.

1 hour ago, dominosfleet said:

Another week, another complete lack of info and the launch of another game that FFG won't support in 2 years. Please people smarter than to buy into this nonsense. 

It seems like that LotR game is like descent/IA

The lack of news is not surprising but I am so bored I am trying to put together a 2v2 at 600points per player on a 12x6 play area. 

12 rounds, everyone brings 1 set of obstacles but the "4" stations must have as much of their cardboard touching as possible to make one "super station." Deployment zone will be increased too but don't know by how much. 

34 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

I am growing more and more certain that this is exactly what will happen to Armada.  I fear the SSD might be the last product.

This would have been their opportunity to do so. Since they haven’t....  I’d put money on it not being  the case.

Ive already eaten a TIE fighter for my convictions. 

6 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

This would have been their opportunity to do so. Since they haven’t....  I’d put money on it not being  the case.

Ive already eaten a TIE fighter for my convictions. 

Why on earth would they risk startling the herd before the release of such an expensive product as the SSD?  They’ll have one more year of Organised Play and continue making vague statements regarding future X-Wing/Legion products for the clone wars era that many will assume means Armada will get a clone wars line too, then announce no more organised play this time next year.

2 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

Why on earth would they risk startling the herd before the release of such an expensive product as the SSD?  They’ll have one more year of Organised Play and continue making vague statements regarding future X-Wing/Legion products for the clone wars era that many will assume means Armada will get a clone wars line too, then announce no more organised play this time next year.

Why the certainty though?  Isn't anyone sick of worrying what the actual outcome is going to be?  Personally I won't quit this game, and there are others who feel the same way.  Barring actual new information about the future, let alone anything one can act on, defeatism (not to be confused with protest) feels silly.  And it's bad for recruitment, too.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

7 hours ago, mcworrell said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/1/11/2019-world-championships/

It’s kind of news for us Armada people. At least the acknowledged we exist. 

Here is my question, if the World Chapionship is at Adapticon will they still be live streaming it? Or at least recording it to post later. I will be disappointed if the do neither of these things.

so they bundle it with IA (if that was known already, I missed it).

FFG center not big enough for all 4, surely. And IA seemed the more natural partner to detach from the center 😉

19 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

So.

Money where your mouth is.

3 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

So.

Money where your mouth is.

Not sure what you mean by that - I preordered (and prepaid for) the SSD months ago.

Why the certainty?  I dunno.  Gut feeling.  Past experience.

2 minutes ago, Bakura83 said:

Not sure what you mean by that - I preordered (and prepaid for) the SSD months ago.

Why the certainty?  I dunno.  Gut feeling.  Past experience.

I want to know what you will do “out if the ordinary” if you are “wrong”.

Bevause tgat always puts a bit of gravity on ‘certainty ‘ 😁

Edited by Drasnighta

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I want to know what you will do “out if the ordinary” if you are “wrong”.

Bevause tgat always puts a bit of gravity on ‘certainty ‘ 😁

Well I wasn’t going to do anything out of the ordinary if I was right so it seems moot to do so if I’m wrong. ☺️

I’m quite enjoying the lull in IA/Armada and my retirement from X-Wing, it’s given me the excuse to finally get in too L5R, which is lots of fun.

Our next local Armada-thon in August has a bunch of new things we’re adding in which I’ll share more about closer to the time...it’s our attempt to make a variant of Armada that’s much more fleshed out at the strategic level, and more narratively interesting.