Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

I am still completely baffled that people expect to get an Imperial-I as a separate model.

They are significantly different enough to warrant a new ship with a lighter color scheme. After all with Rebels going strong they now appear far more frequently then the Imperial II class. Plus they're going to be prominent in Rogue One where they look starkly different to the later versions.    

I am still completely baffled that people expect to get an Imperial-I as a separate model.

I guess we did get the new Falcon in X-wing, and it had a 'myriad of differences'.  Not that I disagree in the least, but I suppose someone could think of something for it.  All they'd have to do is ease up on the colour scheme, call it an ISD-I 'Lothal Longneck refit' and the Jedhada...  well my autocorrect keeps snapping it back to Jihadi, so the 'Jihadi ISD-I, add a few new title cards, call it a day. 

They are significantly different enough to warrant a new ship with a lighter color scheme. After all with Rebels going strong they now appear far more frequently then the Imperial II class. Plus they're going to be prominent in Rogue One where they look starkly different to the later versions.    

They appear on screen plenty of times in the OT already..... 

If they were going to be separate, the Ship Card wouldn't have been included...  Noted ISD-1 TITLES would not have been included.  They would have been separated and waited on.

Being far too focused on, what amount to tiny appreciable differences.

We have no indication that they're ever oging to do variant ship packs.  Indeed, in the Designer Interview we got at GenCon, it was basically stated that there was no such things in the works, and that they'd be exploring things like Corellian Conflict style campaign packs to release those - But even then, there was no plans to do so at this time.

So, yes, I do think expecting it is ludicrous.

Not while we can still come up with LISTS of Canon Ships that are not represented AT ALL.

I guess we did get the new Falcon in X-wing, and it had a 'myriad of differences'. 

Totally.  But that's also relevant to the fact that X-Wing has a different design philosophy to Armada in its design parameters.

In X-Wing, you have, essentially, identical ships, in which special rules are modified by the Pilots, either Unique or Generic.

In Armada, you don't.  You have two variants of Ships (thusfar) per release.  

In re-releasing the Millenium Falcon, they broke completely new ground with every ship (Pilot) variant.  

I don't think you get anything in HoTR that you get in the Millenium Falcon box, and indeed, you don't need one for the other.

But what we seem to have here, is people expecting duplication through distinction...  Yes, they could make an ISD-1 model.  With some new cards.  But when that is already perfectly represented in the rules existing in the Imperial Star Destroyer box, I have to ask "Why?"

WHY is it so important to be that pedantic about something that is deliberately designed to be Abstract?

I mean, lets flip it on its side, with the Cr90 Model

Apparently, the Tantive-IV, which is what you see in ANH, and what our Corvette Model is based on, is already a Modified Corvette.  Its not a stock CR90 at all!  Why don't we have a baseline CR90 which has its (significant re: radar dish) differences displayed?

Because its not Important.

Edited by Drasnighta

If they were going to be separate, the Ship Card wouldn't have been included...  Noted ISD-1 TITLES would not have been included.  They would have been separated and waited on.

We have no indication that they're ever oging to do variant ship packs.  Indeed, in the Designer Interview we got at GenCon, it was basically stated that there was no such things in the works, and that they'd be exploring things like Corellian Conflict style campaign packs to release those - But even then, there was no plans to do so at this time.

Not while we can still come up with LISTS of Canon Ships that are not represented AT ALL.

You're passionate about this I will give you that. Know however when they do eventually release one i'm taking a screenshot of this  :P  :P Look if they never do you can call me out on it. :D 

However since neither of us know the future both of our arguments are equally as ludicrous.  

You're passionate about this I will give you that. Know however when they do eventually release one i'm taking a screenshot of this  :P  :P Look if they never do you can call me out on it. :D

However since neither of us know the future both of our arguments are equally as ludicrous.  

Is that suppose to be some sort of threat?   (j/k)

Man, you don't know me at all...  I'm the first (and often, I feel, the only) person who Mea Culpas on these Forums when I'm Wrong (usually about rules!)  :D

Is that suppose to be some sort of threat?   (j/k)

Man, you don't know me at all...  I'm the first (and often, I feel, the only) person who Mea Culpas on these Forums when I'm Wrong (usually about rules!)   :D

I've noticed and I respect that a great deal especially here on the internet. :lol:  I will grant you that the likelihood is also very unlikely. However I guess I feel it strange that Armada may be the only thing that has no merchandise for Rogue One. 

:Snip)

Because its not Important.

... too you :P

I don't disagree, never did, but as I said, it's not just about what is, but what could be.  No need to keep lockstep with X-wing, but to suppose that we understand the full length and breadth of a game's design philosophy with such fervor, when it's only been out for 4 waves and we have a campaign 'mode' that few thought was a real possibility until the announcement, feels a tad premature.  If they do it, I won't be surprised.  If they don't do it, I likewise won't be surprised.  But it's not outside the realm of possibility. 

Man Drassy, like... duuude, expand your miiiind, maaaan.  Unlock the potentials of the universe, because it's, like, totally calling you.   :P

Edited by Vykes

That does suck, Drassy.  Eh, someone spot 'em some coffee!  I've already had 3 cups and I've been up for less than an hour.  Again, that's only because I got woken up early to go into work on my supposed day off after 3 twelve hour days onsite.  Coffee ensures I don't start cutting off limbs with saws, mine or my crew's. 

I'll admit mine's sorta turning into the same: 5 opportunities became 2 because of work, one I got to, and the last one is vying for a spot against a renewed D&D time-slot.  Bunch of new VSD-Dreads and noplace to go.

But things could always be worse, Yez.  Jaded, Vykes is, hidden behind the mantle of the smiling rat, yez!  

Edited by Vykes

I still want Xwing to bring Uglies to the table. Nothing quite like a TIE ball with Y wing engines. A nice 2/1/4 statline with a Y wing dial.

As for us bring ludicrous arguments that are going nnwhere fast: I vote we make up a "ludicrous speed" upgrade while we wait.

I still want Xwing to bring Uglies to the table. Nothing quite like a TIE ball with Y wing engines. A nice 2/1/4 statline with a Y wing dial.

As for us bring ludicrous arguments that are going nnwhere fast: I vote we make up a "ludicrous speed" upgrade while we wait.

I can't wait for Uglies in Armada too!! Especially now that they are (or could potentially) be canon because of the Freemaker Adventures (which is another genius show by the way, I loved it.)

These pictures will forever be what I think of when I think of uglies, however. Art and Photo Cred goes to bulldoguk:

S8002675_zpswnnmssfu.jpg

S8002665_zpsrlwvjhrw.jpg

S8002673_zpsk3ijpcta.jpg

The thread with these pictures is here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/141008-battlefield-bling/page-2?hl=uglies#entry1738125