Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

This is directed at the people bemoaning the demise of Armada. 

Wow you people are impatient. We JUST had two new waves released. Yes it stinks that FFG isnt being more open about what's going on with these huge breaks but it's not because Armada is dead.

For god sake try being a fan of Lego Star Wars and suffer through the lengths of silence between any news on upcoming waves. They're worse then this believe me. Lego is tightlipped because they don't want competitors copying their designs. Yes there are occasional image leaks but we don't get high res pictures until the day of release.

Legos may be tightlipped, but Armada is dead. Door nail. Dead.

I'm actually getting pretty close to just selling off the collection. and keeping an ISD for the display case.

You can do that, but spamming the forum with threads on the death of armada is considered a best practice in this case.

To his credit, I will point out that Armada IS dead.

Tarkin2.jpg

I play so many ffg games that you'd think that any news would be exciting news for me.

But to be honest the only news I care about right now is wave 5 salivation and the CC.

Every day I don't get an article, armada is more dead.

Here, in my heart.

I honestly doubt we'll get an article before october if the release is closer to november or dare I say december. They probably already think it was a mistake to announce the next waves so soon considering potential shipping delays.

It definitely was a mistake I think, but they wanted to show something at gencon. TI be honest though an FAQ or CC current wouldn't ruin there hype train at all in fact I argue it would help cause they're would be less down time in between. But were kinda at the point where this won't even be at weeks now.

I honestly doubt we'll get an article before october if the release is closer to november or dare I say december. They probably already think it was a mistake to announce the next waves so soon considering potential shipping delays.

Maybe, but i see 6-7 potential preview articles not including an FAQ. They have a lot to talk about.

Distributed as such;

CC- Campaign Preview, Squadrons preview, objectives preview. May be condensed.

Wave 5- Pelta, Arquietens, imp squads, reb squads

My point is they can start doing a preview article each week right now and be good into the second week of november.

This may also be longer term then just the next few waves. Think about it this way, we're slowly running out of viable canon OT era capital ships for them to produce and we don't know how far into the old EU they're willing or allowed to go. Cardboard expansions that introduce new titles they can do as much as they want but as far as I can reckon for potential models we have: 

Quasar- Class Cruisers 

Hammerheads

Imperial Bulk Cruisers 

Tector- Class Star Destroyer

Imperial I- Class Star Destroyer

and the Rogue One star fighters (U-Wings and Tie Strikers) 

That's either one wave or possibly two waves. Rebels just started, maybe they're going to add new capital ships FFG may potentially want to make? We won't see episode VIII for another year so doing Force Awakens era expansions are not going to be a thing for a while.  

Waiting to divulge information now may be in FFG's best interest. We may have longer periods between releases in the future if we don't get any more ships for them to add. 

Also, I am going to assume they are doing everything they can to get this stuff on the street by mid december at the latest. Because not getting it out by christmas would be, and I want to put this as delicately as possible...incomprehensibly bad practice for a company selling games. Unless the shipping delays are just THAT bad, and since I don't believe the people at FFG are anything less than bright, I would assume production delays would be the only issue that would keep these products from dropping before the holiday season.

So we have a definitive endpoint as to when we can expect a release. I would think that in a perfect world they would like these products to drop mid november, because thats when holiday shopping begins for the more together gift givers out there, but hey, you can't always get what you want. But if you take mid december as the target drop date, which i think makes sense given the timelines of previous waves and when this was announced, hit printer, etc...we must be getting close to preview town.

So buck up champs! Good times are around the corner!

This may also be longer term then just the next few waves. Think about it this way, we're slowly running out of viable canon OT era capital ships for them to produce and we don't know how far into the old EU they're willing or allowed to go. Cardboard expansions that introduce new titles they can do as much as they want but as far as I can reckon for potential models we have: 

Quasar- Class Cruisers 

Hammerheads

Imperial Bulk Cruisers 

That's either one wave or possibly two waves. Rebels just started, maybe they're going to add new capital ships FFG may potentially want to make? We won't see episode VIII for another year so doing Force Awakens era expansions are not going to be a thing for a while.  

Waiting to divulge information now may be in FFG's best interest. We may have longer periods between releases in the future if we don't get any more ships for them to add.

There is more than that, see any of the speculation threads for more options.

The Second Week of October is the "On the Boat' deadline if you want to make Christmas.

This is under the assumption that the average "on the boat" period is 8 weeks, and then "Shipping now" is 2 Weeks.

its coming up fast.

Consequently, if it is not out for Christmas, this will mean that Wave 5 / CC will not be legal for all Regionals Up to and Including, at the very least, Calgary Regional on the 7th of January.

Quasar- Class Cruisers 

Hammerheads

Imperial Bulk Cruisers 

I'm sure i've missed a few but there can't be that many more canon ships? The new fighters packs have ships that all appeared in the new canon or are in that SW commander game.  

Quasar- Class Cruisers

Hammerheads

Imperial Bulk Cruisers

I'm sure i've missed a few but there can't be that many more canon ships? The new fighters packs have ships that all appeared in the new canon or are in that SW commander game.

A lot of random stuff gets mentioned in the cannon novels, and we have precedent that FFG can just make something up, or include non-cannon ships from things like Empire at War. (Raider/AFMK2, respectively) Edited by Madaghmire

The Second Week of October is the "On the Boat' deadline if you want to make Christmas.

This is under the assumption that the average "on the boat" period is 8 weeks, and then "Shipping now" is 2 Weeks.

its coming up fast.

Consequently, if it is not out for Christmas, this will mean that Wave 5 / CC will not be legal for all Regionals Up to and Including, at the very least, Calgary Regional on the 7th of January.

True, although it may be that they are gonna use the space bridge that wave 4 was on instead.