Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

This is really something that I dislike being discouraged  discussed.

One can compare two games without disparaging one.  

Don't be that guy.

X-Wing Doesn't Deserve it.

In my Experience, there are some people who happen to play X-Wing who may deserve it...  But its disingenous to blame the game for the player, after all.

Edited by Drasnighta

"This is really something that I dislike being discouraged...  " 

You made a double negative so I don't know how you feel on this matter. I assume you don't like my comment, but it still holds because it's only an opinion and the only interaction I've had with X-Wing. None of them wanted to play Armada and were jerks because I didn't want to play their game.

I don't trash talk X-Wing. In fact, I just talked a guy into buying the starter set because I hear it is a great game, it's easy to learn, and fun with friends.  

Sure, pick on the double Negative.  Because that was important.

You explicitly described X-Wing as the "Toxic" version of Armada.

That's trash talking.

That's disparaging, at the very least.

BUT

I have nothing against you.  I'm more hitting my head on the table for the way things have gone from my other offhand comments :D

I just want to try to nip this in the bud, and get back to, y'know...  Article Predictions :D

Other Discussions can discuss elsewhere...

We're fine here...  How are you?  :D

Edited by Drasnighta

This is really something that I dislike being discouraged  discussed.

One can compare two games without disparaging one.  

Don't be that guy.

X-Wing Doesn't Deserve it.

In my Experience, there are some people who happen to play X-Wing who may deserve it...  But its disingenous to blame the game for the player, after all.

What about warmahordes? A game designed to game gameyness. Literally has a page that most take to mean be a jerk.

As an aside, I agree with you.

So I've never really even played a X-Wing game.  But I will probably never get into it because it is overwhelming how much stuff there is for it.  I mean, I've plunged in deep into Armada and it consumes a lot of time.  I couldn't imagine having all the articles and Wave after wave of stuff to buy.  My wallet and brain hurts enough with Armada.

I'm sensing it.  Something is going to happen soon...please...

"This is really something that I dislike being discouraged...  " 

You made a double negative so I don't know how you feel on this matter.

Double negatives are not inherently incorrect, even in non-dialectic English.  <--- That is example of correctly used double negation.  Dras' quote is another.

I think that the more players that play a game, the more likely it is that some members of the community are toxic, giving the rest a perceived bad name (see e.g. League of Legends)

I have met obnoxious and toxic players in every game I have ever played. Including armada.

My comments about xwing I feel were decently fair. I played once. I didn't like it. I haven't played again.

Nothing disparaging there.

Sooo.... what are the odds there will be another article today? And what are the odds that it will be armada related?

Yes, and nope respectively, I think