Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

re the corporation talks, I just had a conversation lately with someone in the business,, and he said that compared to when he started working in this field, publishers changed from being „types“ that were, even if sometimes also difficult, deeply immersed, to generic suit wearers with fancy middle iniials who want to explain the world, but only online anymore, and swamp stores with laws and regulations etc. There is no free trade, you cant buy what you want from whom you want, everything is ultra protectionist, depends just on one distributor etc. same in books business.

the business has changed, and I see it reflected here in comments about corporations etc.

21 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

Hold on folks, I never said Armada itself is dead, but armada as a game PUBLISHED by FFG being dead, armada can easily continue as a game made by players for players and **** the corperate tools who refuse to acknowledge the community forums crys for attention

This is not doomsaying. Quite the opposite, this is the eventual future of Armada wether we get 10 more waves or 0. It is an honest and positive way to look at the future of this game.

1 hour ago, cynanbloodbane said:

This is not doomsaying. Quite the opposite, this is the eventual future of Armada wether we get 10 more waves or 0. It is an honest and positive way to look at the future of this game.

Totally concur. Between the Community, KDY, and Mel’s, this game will last and expand well beyond FFG published material.

2 hours ago, Norell said:

But people are reluctant to expand their fleets with fan-made stuff until FFG finally announces its intentions to end running Armada.

So am I, but that doesn't stop me from getting new ships, or playtesting new things. Worst case I adjust the stats to be more in line with an official release, but make it a new version ala Kuat, Cymoon. As it stands I have enough in the pipeline to double the Imperial and Rebel factions on ships and squadrons, puss I have 6 other factions in development. 

Mining Guild, Corporate Sector Athority, Hapes Consortium, Pirates/Mercenaries, CIS & Republic. 

If FFG decided tomorrow to end Armada, I can have an entire new faction playtested, adjusted for balance and custom cards printed in a few months. 

Until that day comes, I will happily que up to preorder at least 2 of every expansion FFG is willing to release. The more they release, the more points of reference I have to develop my own home brewed content.

The future of Armada looks bright from where I am standing!

20 hours ago, Sbloom141 said:

With the vast majority of canon and legends ships (that I’m interested in, anyway) having already been released, I’m not really interested in the next article unless it’s the Executor ?

FFG's "big announcement" will turn out to be that they had designed and built the Executor - planning a major release, with thousands of models made - but then decided to melt down the plastic to make Legion and X-Wing 2.0 minis.  They'll be holding off on that announcement until we all have some of those models in our very hands - I've seen this!  In the future!!  At FFG's offices...

tumblr_n1qms6mrLe1rawb5do1_400.gif

On 5/13/2018 at 9:20 AM, cynanbloodbane said:

So am I, but that doesn't stop me from getting new ships, or playtesting new things. Worst case I adjust the stats to be more in line with an official release, but make it a new version ala Kuat, Cymoon. As it stands I have enough in the pipeline to double the Imperial and Rebel factions on ships and squadrons, puss I have 6 other factions in development. 

Mining Guild, Corporate Sector Athority, Hapes Consortium, Pirates/Mercenaries, CIS & Republic. 

If FFG decided tomorrow to end Armada, I can have an entire new faction playtested, adjusted for balance and custom cards printed in a few months. 

Until that day comes, I will happily que up to preorder at least 2 of every expansion FFG is willing to release. The more they release, the more points of reference I have to develop my own home brewed content.

The future of Armada looks bright from where I am standing!

With Acrylic ship tokens ;D

43 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I sense something, a presence I haven't felt since...

Since the last time we got an article? I mean, C'mon Darth Vader, I get enough vaguebooking from all my other social media outlets!

1 minute ago, fistfulofforce said:

Its time to get drastic.  We need to come up with a plan to infiltrate ffg headquarters and get the plans for armada.

You're talking suicide...

There is no hope.