Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

16 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Man I’m not going to lie, the state of Armada is increasingly depressing. 

I don’t mind the long waits between waves. What I cannot stand is the horrific communication from FFG. 

Let us know what’s in store. Tease us. Give us roadmaps and either stick to them or inform us when they change.

If you want to see great communication with fans look at Star Trek Online, Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Firaxis in general. 

At a certain point the dearth of communication goes beyond to an unqcceptable extreme. 

~

(Sorry for the negativity. I haven’t been on here for a long time and came back expecting at least something new from FFG.) 

honestly it was nice they finally dropped an article about something, anything, this past week but ya we havn't really had any new info aside from that in over 6 months. /shrug I have no idea what they're doing with the game and mostly gave up expecting anything.  

I have to agree that FFG needs better communicatin. And STO is a great example. They recrntly add rather limited new content but their communication and teasing is so excellent that they manage to lure me back in time and again, even though I get bored after a few hours. But still they make me play the game again, so they definitely know something.

12 hours ago, Forresto said:

the state of Armada is increasingly depressing.

12 hours ago, Forresto said:

If you want to see great communication with fans look at Star Trek Online, Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Firaxis in general. 

It is pretty god **** sad when EA, the mother of all **** tier publishers, get's better communication with it's star wars fans than a company like FFG. JFC... the twists never end, first it was agreeing with the Taliban last year, now this...

Edited by Darth Sanguis

8 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

It is pretty god **** sad when EA, the mother of all **** tier publishers, get's better communication with it's star wars fans than a company like FFG. JFC... the twists never end, first it was agreeing with the Taliban last year, now this...

EA is the publisher, Dice is the developer and is the one communicating which they have a good record of doing. 

11 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

EA is the publisher, Dice is the developer and is the one communicating which they have a good record of doing. 

I'm aware, but DICE is a subsidiary of EA. Whether they're good at communication historically speaking or not doesn't really matter, it still means that the parent company gets credit. 

If I talk to a customer while I'm at work, I don't get credit for having good communication, the company does. Same thing. 

And right now, that means that EA, the dudes that own DICE, look better at communication than FFG/Asmodee... and that's sad. 

Meanwhile, I would love to hear about / get some team games in and see some articles from like, CGYFO, Steel Squadron, MOTF, ect about team play and how it feels and also how it feels at the higher levels. Because the no-duplicate unqiues ruling, each fleet would need to be built around each other really, makes it interesting.

21 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Meanwhile, I would love to hear about / get some team games in and see some articles from like, CGYFO, Steel Squadron, MOTF, ect about team play and how it feels and also how it feels at the higher levels. Because the no-duplicate unqiues ruling, each fleet would need to be built around each other really, makes it interesting.

Our local group is organizing expanded games for Friday. I'm so excited.  

I don’t play Legion and don’t plan to, but I like that they are supporting the game with interesting Terrain.  Was always one of my big gripes for GW.  I hope you like the Imperium and/or skulls - if not you are plum out of luck.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:56 PM, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

It would be interesting to know what percentage of Corellian Conflict campaigns actually got to the ALL OUT ASSAULT part?  My guess would be very few, because:
(1) The group may have quit before then, for reasons
(2) It was a blow-out and the trailing team wasn't close enough to actually launch the AOA before the other team won
(3) The group couldn't schedule such a game due to practical constraints

So our sample size is probably going to be very small, but then it would be nice to know, of those groups that actually played an AOA mega-battle, what percentage of them walked away thinking "Boy, that was a satisfying experience well worth my entire evening!"  Maybe most players like this sort of thing?  I'd be surprised, though.

But in my 20+ years of miniature gaming, I've found that MEGA-BATTLES (TM) tend to not live up to their players' expectations, because you get a variety of diminishing returns on your time.  I haven't played GW in a decade and half, but I know a lot of people who do play GW games.  They seem to prefer small skirmish stuff (e.g. Kill Team) over the larger standard game, and the "mega-game" modes like Apocalypse only get trotted out once a year as an 'anything goes and nothing matters and just roll dice" holiday charity fund-raiser.  Like, I've asked them, and none of the local guys know anyone who plays the mega-scale stuff like to actually play the mega-scale stuff, because it's just too fiddily and too long to be enjoyable.  But the idea of the huge mega epic game keeps people building up giant grand armies, even though they know they're never gonna to put that huge army actually onto a table for anything other than some diorama-esque aesthetic reasons.

I have had the same responses - don’t live up o expectations.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:00 AM, Darth Sanguis said:

I'm aware, but DICE is a subsidiary of EA. Whether they're good at communication historically speaking or not doesn't really matter, it still means that the parent company gets credit. 

If I talk to a customer while I'm at work, I don't get credit for having good communication, the company does. Same thing. 

And right now, that means that EA, the dudes that own DICE, look better at communication than FFG/Asmodee... and that's sad. 

um no.  Thats not true.  If one of my employees does well with a customer, that customer reachs out to me to compliment them on a job well done.  While the company does get some credit, generally the end user sees it as the individual and will in the future seek at that individual specifically for the good service.  Same situation.  Dice gets all the praise for what they are doing with Battlefront, not EA.  

5 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

um no.  Thats not true.  If one of my employees does well with a customer, that customer reachs out to me to compliment them on a job well done.  While the company does get some credit, generally the end user sees it as the individual and will in the future seek at that individual specifically for the good service.  Same situation.  Dice gets all the praise for what they are doing with Battlefront, not EA.  

Kinda? Most lay-persons don't acknowledge the difference (like myself)

22 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

16 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Kinda? Most lay-persons don't acknowledge the difference (like myself)

This. 

Go read reviews of businesses that interact with consumers. One of the key phrases you'll hear is 
"Friendly/unfriendly staff". People don't say, "Joshua at the register was very friendly and helpful carrying out my groceries", They say, "the staff was very friendly and helped me with my groceries". This is praise of the company as a whole, not of the individual part". This happens in the same way throughout different businesses. For instance, I work for an Architectural metal specialty contractor. I do the CAD and design work for industrial and commercial buildings. I often have to attend meetings with my bosses and the customers. When our customer, the general contractor or the Architect for the job, is impressed with what I do, even though I'm in the meeting and my name is on every drawing, they say something along the lines of, "these drawings are very clear" or "These drawings helped us identify an issue on the original architectural drawings" they don't say  "Joshua made good drawings". My good work is a reflection of the people who hired me.

Same goes for DICE through EA.

Edited by Darth Sanguis

8 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

This. 

Go read reviews of businesses that interact with consumers. One of the key phrases you'll hear is 
"Friendly/unfriendly staff". People don't say, "Joshua at the register was very friendly and helpful carrying out my groceries", They say, "the staff was very friendly and helped me with my groceries". This is praise of the company as a whole, not of the individual part". This happens in the same way throughout different businesses. For instance, I work for an Architectural metal specialty contractor. I do the CAD and design work for industrial and commercial buildings. I often have to attend meetings with my bosses and the customers. When our customer, the general contractor or the Architect for the job, is impressed with what I do, even though I'm in the meeting and my name is on every drawing, they say something along the lines of, "these drawings are very clear" or "These drawings helped us identify an issue on the original architectural drawings" they don't say  "Joshua made good drawings". My good work is a reflection of the people who hired me.

Same goes for DICE through EA.

I’d say yes and no.  The reviews are written with the acknowledgement that 1. the reader might get someone other than the specific person who helped you and 2.  you don’t know the reader’s temperament.  You don’t say “ask for Joshua,” because all you do is flood poor Joshua.  If you want to leave good feedback for him, give it to his employer.  One good employee interaction can be a helpful person (and you get these in some pretty **** systems;) many good employee interactions reflects on the business’s hiring, and possibly training and culture.

12 minutes ago, NebulonB said:

look, they specifically mention Armada in the Adepticon article.

As for the unique Adepticon squad, really one has to understand that this has priority...its almost as important as aLegion terrain piece 😉

Counting it! :)

I am actually glad that there will be a panel for Q&A. that should be interesting. 

This year, Fantasy Flight Games will be hosting its own panel, covering Star Wars™: Legion, X-Wing, and Star Wars™: Armada. Join us at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 28, in the Euphoria ballroom for this discussion with designers Alex Davy and Brooks Flugaur-Leavitt, including a chance for you to ask your own questions!

So will this be a "announcements plus questions about different aspects of Armada and the other games," or will it be "an hour or so of talking about X-Wing without a mention of the other games" type thing? If the SSD is out by then this would be a good opportunity to announce Wave 8.

If not, I have a feeling it will be a very boring panel for Armada. Probably mostly focused on the Clone Wars stuff for Legion, with no or minimal Armada stuff.

[Of course, this is in the middle of the first day of the Armada Tournament, so unless they're going to break for lunch at just the right time the Armada players will miss it.]

Edited by Grumbleduke

39 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Counting it! :)

I am actually glad that there will be a panel for Q&A. that should be interesting. 

Hopes brought up...

24 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

[Of course, this is in the middle of the first day of the Armada Tournament, so unless they're going to break for lunch at just the right time the Armada players will miss it.]

and hopes brought down...

While there's some Destiny stuff on the Thursday all the other main Star Wars FFG events are later in the week... I guess they had to have a conflict between something and the panel, and Armada drew the short straw.

1 hour ago, NebulonB said:

As for the unique Adepticon squad, really one has to understand that this has priority...its almost as important as a Legion terrain piece

Hey; you have to understand - the X-Wing players really need a third version of a ship that hasn't even been released yet.