Drasnighta

Article Predictions. Mostly General Discussion. But there's definately some Predictions scattered throughout.

I'm most hyped for the conflict article. Don't get me wrong, the ships are cool and I'm looking forward to them, but the campaign is something that's just brand new.

I'm also much more interested and hyped for Conflict, for 2 reasons. First, it's a campaign, YeAh!!! Second, and these may be out for worlds(?), are the objectives. These may have a much larger impact on tourneys than the wave 5 ships.

I'm also really interested in the new aces and unique variants for the original squadrons.

Course with each Wave 5 preview article, I'm going to be stressing on what the chance might be to employ any of it at Worlds.

Honestly?  Almost Zero, at this point...

Even if we give the standard 8 weeks of "On the Boat", and then 2 Weeks "Shipping Now", for Release, and then give the 11 Days Post Release for "Premier Event Legal" Status.....

It would have had to have been on the Boat on August 13th, or thereabouts...

If we shave off the Timetable - With a mere 6 Weeks of "On the Boat", and 1 Week of "Shipping Now"...    They would have to be on the Boat on the 2nd of September - This Friday -  To be Legal for Worlds....

Now, of course, they will be Legal for Worlds 2017...  But that's in May :D

If I were FFG, I would think there would be a certain amount of glee throwing something new into the mix for players to absorb prior to worlds or regionals. 

Lots to be said for having a wide open meta for talented players to wrangle with coming into an event or season.

I do feel that Worlds 2016 will very much be Waves 3 and 4.  Used to them, Part of the Game...  

But I also feel they'll be doing what they can to be able to get Wave 5 on the tables as soon as possible into December, so there is as much leadup as possible for Wave 5 for Worlds 2017.

Trying to push on any other timelines, means we're being lied to on the Upcoming page (always a possibility) or somewhere else......  

The big Enigma is the Correllian Conflict box.  Thats release date is nebulous, with the statement previously that was all cardboard and stickers, and thus, didn't need the long complicated production effort to get ships painted and such...

THAT release date is unknown, and I have a feeling THAT will be the Meta-Shake for Worlds 2016, if anything beyond Wave 4 is going to be.

The big Enigma is the Correllian Conflict box.  Thats release date is nebulous, with the statement previously that was all cardboard and stickers, and thus, didn't need the long complicated production effort to get ships painted and such...

THAT release date is unknown, and I have a feeling THAT will be the Meta-Shake for Worlds 2016, if anything beyond Wave 4 is going to be.

I totally agree with this.  The fact that 12 BRAND NEW objectives may hyperspace in from nowhere (Correllia?) that nobody has ever played is going to have a huge impact.  I'm working on my Worlds fleet while keeping an eye on this.  I think this will be the biggest shake-up to the game so far.

I totally agree with this.  The fact that 12 BRAND NEW objectives may hyperspace in from nowhere (Correllia?) that nobody has ever played is going to have a huge impact.  I'm working on my Worlds fleet while keeping an eye on this.  I think this will be the biggest shake-up to the game so far.

Yup. Still at the printers tho ...  so it's not looking good either.

Initial sale at Worlds tho could be fun :-)

:)

Can't wait for the Arquitens Light Cruiser.. 2 ISD supported by 2 Light Criusers with a Gladiator for flanker. 

And an Interdictor for support, of course.

Dream fleet! :)

Edited by Hamanu1

Can't wait for the Arquitens Light Cruiser.. 2 ISD supported by 2 Light Criusers with a Gladiator for flanker. 

That will be 600 points please.

Thank you, come again.

Thank you, come again.

Could be doable with 2 ISD-1s at 220 points, two Arqitens for like 130 points, wait no that is already 350 darn.

But add a few upgrades and some TIES and you might have yourself a list.

Thank you, come again.

Without the interdictor... 110+110+90(GSD)+50+50(Arquitens?) is 410. So maybe just 1 ISD.

Thank you, come again.

Without the interdictor... 110+110+90(GSD)+50+50(Arquitens?) is 410. So maybe just 1 ISD.

No way the Arquittens are 50 points each. I am betting 65 min.

Thank you, come again.

No way the Arquittens are 50 points each. I am betting 65 min.

I honestly have no idea. I just threw out some number showing the fleet had way too much. I've been thinking of them like red-die gladiators. Maybe I need to look at them as small AFmk2 for cost assumptions.

I predict

• There will be articles.
  • There will be delight and disappointment.
  • There will be new tactics, combos and fleet designs.
  • There will be tactical discussions, evaluations, statistical presentations, internet bitching, name calling and claims that the game is dead.
  • There will be amusing names generated for interesting combos like Interdoctor & TRC90.
  • There will be rage quits, disgust and a wailing & gnashing of teeth.
  • There will be much rejoicing.
  • There will be people wishing their life away until the release date possibly with the use of carbonite.
  • There will be people attempting telekinesis for the first time trying to get an unknown boat to go faster... but there is no try...

Say it aint so...