Sign in to follow this  
Polda

Star Spawn Wing Replacement

Fellow Lovecraftians; 

I kind of dislike the Star Spawn wings.

Already I've tried to reshape them but they always come back to the folded state (actually curled closely around the body).

Later I cut their edges a bit to give them a torn appearance which helped a bit and I still just don't get them.

They don't feel like a being that would shapeshift into Ctulhu-esque appearance of part octopus, part man, and part dragon. They seem like carapace on a stick >.<

I have a question:

Does someone know of a say... Warhammer, Warmahordes or other model with appropriately sized wings that could serve as a replacement for these?

Edited by Polda

I assume you already tried the boiling dip / reshape / freezing water / dip  reshape method?

Yup, they turn back to the original shape after couple of hours. 

So I ended up just cutting holes in the wings and adding veins to give them a bit more character. 

QWekD6R.jpg

Edited by Polda

I have had the same problem with the Star Spawn wings. You're competing with mass and gravity. The 'stem' that the wings are attached to is not thick enough to support the weight of the wing. The only way to fix the existing wings properly would be to replace that section with more rigid plastic (or green stuff coated wire) and then pin the wing to the new piece.

I think the alternative wings shown above look awesome! There will surely be a set that suit the figure and save all the mucking about trying to put the wings right.

NOTE: I tried the hot dip method to move the wings back to where the FFG photos show them positioned and they don't stay there for more than an hour or so...