Sign in to follow this  
MamoruK

The most horrific creatures in star wars

What about those creatures from the Rebels show that Hera and Sabine had to fight off. The ones that can't go into the light, Ezra and Kanan used them in a trap for the Inquisitor Lord. 

They could make a pretty good horror movie.

right now I'm actually thinking about maybe something along the lines of Dead Space or Event Horizon and how to pull that off in SW. Like there could be monsters, but the psychological mind **** is much scarier.

right now I'm actually thinking about maybe something along the lines of Dead Space or Event Horizon and how to pull that off in SW. Like there could be monsters, but the psychological mind **** is much scarier.

All that takes is the Force, or a crazy a$$ sadistic Dark side Force User, imagine the Joker with Misdirect and Harm...

All that takes is the Force, or a crazy a$$ sadistic Dark side Force User, imagine the Joker with Misdirect and Harm...

Yea if i go the intangible route I just need to think of what the catalyst for it would be.

Hssiss. Potentially invisible 2 meter lizards with unspecified dark side related poison.

Really any sithspawn is pretty terrifying.

Not a creature but the nightmare lands on Voss in SWTOR would also be great.

Edited by Norgrath

What's scarier than a rakghoul? A nekghoul.

A derriphan or technobeast might be pretty terrifying. Sith zombies are what some people might turn to. Really, any sithspawn can qualify.

EDIT: Forgot one-- the Mnggal-Mnggal.

Except that the Nekgouls are fully sentient, and, more importantly, not contagious. Not only that, but from that write-up at least, they don't go around attacking people at random the way Rakgouls did. They're not really a threat. 

Krykna, knobby white spiders, acklay, and any other much-too-large-to-not-be-killed-with-fire arthropods. Toss in some colicoids or Killiks as controllers and you have a completely inscrutable enemy - doesn't conform to any humanoid expectations of motivation.

Rakghouls are probably the most horrific in terms of "monster movie" shock & gore, though any Sithspawn could do. The communicable nature of Rakghouls' condition is where the real horror is there.

Setting can do a lot for your game, too. If you might recall the old Republic Commando PC game, one of the levels was a seemingly abandoned Acclamator-class assault ship found drifting. Most of the crew was dead by unknown means, and you and your team had to explore the ship to find the cause and attempt to recover/salvage the ship. Even as an action-packed PC shooter, I found quite a bit of that whole level to be really creepy. I experienced a similar feeling when deployed (as a National Guardsman) to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina; the sense of abandonment and careless untidiness was a little unnerving.

I'm shocked at these answers.  There is a tie for clear winner of the most horrific alien encounter.  Ewok or Gungan.  At least if you believe the haters.

If you really want to mess with your players, make them opposed by rabid ewoks.  They are quite stealthy, make traps, and can even down armored vehicles ...

Edited by Edgookin

I'm shocked at these answers.  There is a tie for clear winner of the most horrific alien encounter.  Ewok or Gungan.  At least if you believe the haters.

If you really want to mess with your players, make them opposed by rabid ewoks.  They are quite stealthy, make traps, and can even down armored vehicles ...

There is a legends example of an Ewok hunting and killing the crew of a crashed ship one by one.... God I love Treek.

Nexu.

Rare enough that foolish nobles and hutts will try to import one as a pet to show their status.

Smart enough to escape and learn to stalk prey and avoid capture.

If done right, a nexu could be run in a scenario like in Alien. Being stalked by a smart, stealth cat with prehensile tails, 6 eyes and a toothy grin that would put the Cheshire to shame.

Or make something up - like a Skylnock. A rare mutant mynock that in addition to feeding on the power cables, can take control of droids, and if a enough get together even a ship.

Imagine it, a lone skylnock latches onto a droid, which attacks the party. The party doesn't notice and thinks it is an aberrant droid. But it keeps happening. Suddenly the players think there is a droid uprising, but no matter the slicing success, no evidence to prove it to authorities. And if the players kill the skylnock, no one will believe them as it just looks like a dead mynock.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

Since the Mnggal-Mnggal has already come up, I think I'll just pitch in another, older RPG monster - the Starweird. An enigmatic Force-using wraith that haunts ships in hyperspace, or undergoing repairs in space, and announces itself with a fear-inducing telepathic shriek that I can only imagine as the redead scream. While it would probably be a better monster for a Force and Destiny game, imagine the pressure to get your engines fixed when the crew can't effectively fight back.

Edited by Herf Nerder

Since the Mnggal-Mnggal has already come up, I think I'll just pitch in another, older RPG monster - the Starweird. An enigmatic Force-using wraith that haunts ships in hyperspace, or undergoing repairs in space, and announces itself with a fear-inducing telepathic shriek that I can only imagine as the redead scream. While it would probably be a better monster for a Force and Destiny game, imagine the pressure to get your engines fixed when the crew can't effectively fight back.

there are going to be players from all 3 systems so it's possible :P

Guest cimmerianthief

All Hail the Progenitor! Who doesn't like a mad firaxin shark whose infuriating bellows cause other sharks and Selkaths to become insane, too?

Firaxa.jpg

Oh, and Darth Vader secretly visited Manaan to establish a cult of Dark Side Force-users designed to overthrow the aquatic government, thus allowing easier access to the (sub-par but inexpensive) healing fluid, kolto. 

Gotta love less-famous canon, like the Order of Shasa and its historical crunch and fluff of monsters, healing supplies, and a swimmin' Skywalker with a re-breather.

A party of either/all Scouts, Seekers, or Smugglers would be divine. Available aquatic species might include Aqualish (all three sub-species), Chagarin, Ishi Tib, Gungan, Mon Calamari, Nautolan, and/or Quarren should make the underwater encounters go smoothly on the quasi-neutral Manaan water planet.

I ran a one-shot adventure a few months ago where the players were a salvage crew intercepting a runaway Space Master Medium Transport. No comms, no sign of the crew, just out of control towards a refinery space station. They were all convinced it was gonna be Event Horizon but it was closer to aliens, as a bunch of silica based creatures with a sort of insect head, slug pseudopod and hermit crab shell ate their way through the ship. Fun to watch them figure it out and then think of a way to deal with them.