Sign in to follow this  
Iskander4000

Lib+Shrimp?

What do you think, is this viable or just foolish? The idea is that against a more maneuverable opponent, the shrimps stay on the flanks of the Lib. Against a less maneuverable one, the shrimps jump in while Mon Karren shoots from distance.

Liberty: MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 + 29)
+ Skilled First Officer (1)
+ Veteran Gunners (5)
+ Medical Team (1)
+ XX-9 Turbolasers (5)
+ Spinal Armament (9)
+ Mon Karren (8)

MC30c Frigate: MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 + 21)
+ Lando Calrissian (4)
+ Ordnance Experts (4)
+ Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
+ Admonition (8)

MC30c Frigate: MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 + 9)
+ Ordnance Experts (4)
+ Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)

Rebel Transports: GR-75 Medium Transports (18 + 34)
+ General Madine (30)
+ Comms Net (2)
+ Bright Hope (2)

Squadrons: A-wing Squadron (11)

Squadrons: A-wing Squadron (11)

Squadrons: YT-2400 (16)

Squadrons: YT-2400 (16)

Throw them all in to hit together. There will be very few lists that are more maneuverable than you.

I see the goal of Lando/admonition is one super-survivable ship, but would putting Lando on the other MC30 be more versatile?

This is almost identical to the fleet I submitted for the fleet builder contest! Not had a chance to try it out on the board, but I really like the look of it - Use the Liberty to deliver the MC30s, which then do the damage up close and personal.

Personally, I would replace Spinal with X17 for more concentrated fire, but of course the attitude of "it's redundant" remains despite my lengthy math and analysis on the Mon Karren thread.

BTW, I see you prefer Vet Gunners over Leading Shots. In fact, I'm starting to see a shift in this direction. So, I've got to ask, why Vet Gunners?

Personally, I would replace Spinal with X17 for more concentrated fire, but of course the attitude of "it's redundant" remains despite my lengthy math and analysis on the Mon Karren thread.

BTW, I see you prefer Vet Gunners over Leading Shots. In fact, I'm starting to see a shift in this direction. So, I've got to ask, why Vet Gunners?

I've been away from the forums lately. You've calculated that MK+XI7 will do more damage than the extra red die with MK?

As for the Vet Gunners, my idea is that at long range I'll be launching 5 reds (assuming spinal armament). There's a chance that I could have a bad roll and at that range I can't use leading shots. But we'll see how it works in practice.

I've been away from the forums lately. You've calculated that MK+XI7 will do more damage than the extra red die with MK?

As for the Vet Gunners, my idea is that at long range I'll be launching 5 reds (assuming spinal armament). There's a chance that I could have a bad roll and at that range I can't use leading shots. But we'll see how it works in practice.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/228453-mon-karren-thoughts/page-3The calculations are from post 53-55.

It was more proving that MK + X17 + Intel Officer wasn't redundant rather than comparing it to other combos.. It's not that it does more damage, it just does more concentrated damage, helping to kill ships faster. Sure, versus ships with a Brace that isn't locked down with an accuracy Spinal is better because at best you'll do one more damage, against ships with a redirect, all the damage (including bonus damage) could be absorbed by shields.

EG: Versus an ISD-I, and it's taken a hit to the forward shields, leaving it at 0/3/2 and no hull damage. You attack the front at mid range and you roll 6 damage, including a crit, and an accuracy on the enemy brace. With your set up, Spinal Armament gives another die (since the red die roll can vary between 0 and 2 damage, let's say +1), and the opponent redirects 3 damage to one of the sides, meaning 5 damage goes through to the hull (including the two crits from XX-9). With X17, you have 1 damage redirected to the side and 6 damage to the hull with the same crits.

In all honesty, it depends on what you want to do. The MK + X17 + Intel Officer combo, admittedly, lags against untouched ships, but in return hurts slightly weakened to heavily damaged ships more, and can make an otherwise survivable attack lethal. Your combo, on the other hand, deals more raw damage, which is useful. In the above example, my combo hurt the ISD slightly worse, but if you've got a planned follow up with one of your MC30s or your fighters, the weakened shields from your combo helps the follow up more.