Sign in to follow this  
homedrone

Fighter Coordination Team + Flight Commander + Yavaris

Just to be sure, it's clear to me how it works.. but it's just not 100% unambiguous to everyone.

Then it is up to them to justify their position, as ludicrous as it is:

"So, if the squadron moves, at all, ever, during the game, then Yavaris doesn't work, right?"

I don't understand the need to denigrate the questioner as ludicrous. It is a reasonable question when the squadron does move during the activation, despite your absurd example of 'at all, ever'. Edited by RogueCommander

Which activation though?  The Activation of Yavaris?  The Activation of FCTs on another Ship Pre-Yavaris?  

Generally speaking, these sorts of rules disputes must be looked on, in the face of all possible contingencies and situations before it gets to that...

Yes, I did put the most absurd one down - because the most absurd one is just as legitimate a concern if you want to be pedantic with wording...   

I guess my position there is:

"If you're going to be pedantic with wording, be pedantic with wording.  Don't be ashamed of it, embrace it!"

If your argument is, "But the wording doesn't state during the Squadron Command", you're totally right.

But it also doesn't give any other end period.  Not during the Command.  Not during the activation.  Not during the Turn.  Not during the game.

Ergo, you must encapsulate it within the bounds of what you are given.

The Activation is what it is in question here...  And it is the Squadron Activation, not Yavaris in question, because it is the Squadrons  You Activate.

Everything Until you activate them is irrelevent...  because all we care about is this squadron activation in its own little move...

This Squadron activation grants a Shoot and a Move, in either order...  

Ergo, if it does not move, then, with its granted move, it may Shoot twice.

TL:DR, I was an Arsehole, and I will continue to be an Arsehole, because if you're going to be pedantic about wording, be goddamn pedantic about wording, and own where it leads.  I do.

Dras sometimes your over the top..... But this is not one of those times. Most of the time when an FAQ cubes our I look at it and think, "Well yeah the wording and intent is extremely clear who could have possibly needed clarification on this?" Now I see somehow people do.

The Adar Talon Yavaris interaction was addressed a long time ago. It applies here. Those too lazy to do their homework shouldn't be attempting to rules lawyer. There is zero ambiguity here for anyone applying all available information unless you are intentionally ignoring critical logic.

Ok, whatever. You guys are turning this into an unnecessarily negative exchange. I agree with the reading you've presented and have simply said, I can see how someone would want clarification. That's absolutely no reason to call people lazy or ludicrous.

I'm dropping out at this point.

Ok, whatever. You guys are turning this into an unnecessarily negative exchange. I agree with the reading you've presented and have simply said, I can see how someone would want clarification. That's absolutely no reason to call people lazy or ludicrous.

I'm dropping out at this point.

Your prerogative to do so but I don't even know how this can even be more clarified. . . It really should not even be a question if you have read the rules. 

I actually really like the "No, sorry, your squadron moved this game" defense.  I'm definitely using that the next time I play against Yavaris.

We'll see how long my opponent stands there with a blank face.

You are a sick sick bastard 

Edit: So D amn is censored but Bastard is not O.o

Edited by Lyraeus

"DOES NOT MOVE"  is PRESENT TIME meaning it's NOT TAKING THE PAST INTO CONSIDERATION so it DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU MOVED BEFORE THE ACTIVATION. You can learn this during your first semester of english course

Edited by Microscop

"DOES NOT MOVE"  is PRESENT TIME meaning it's NOT TAKING THE PAST INTO CONSIDERATION so it DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU MOVED BEFORE THE ACTIVATION. You can learn this during your first semester of english course

We know that. Anyone who read the rules know that. 

It really doesn't have much to do with how rules are formulated, its basic english and thats sad. Still, there are many people who have problems with it, i had people ragequit the game becouse of this lol.

Edited by Microscop

It really doesn't have much to do with how rules are formulated, its basic english and thats sad. Still, there are many people who have problems with it, i had people ragequit the game becouse of this lol.

Wait. . . what?! What happened?

Back to the topic on hand, we just had a tournament today in San Antonio with 12 people and both of the Texas regional champions in attendance as well several other players who have finished well in tournaments in the past.  The top table both had Rebel Bombers, Fighter Coordination Teams, Flight Commander, and Yavaris.  For that matter, we both had the exact same layout on Bright Hope (Boosted Comms, Bomber Command Center).  I think we can definitely expect to see Yavaris+FCT+FC in a lot more lists that are doing well in the coming days.

What happens if a player bumps the ship or table? The squadrons likely would move slightly. What do you do then?

And technically, the whole planet is revolving and flying through space, so the ships are ALWAYS in motion...

They need to errata the rules to take that into account!

(I'm totally serious! Ok, not really...)

The bit i think is ambigious, when do you declare squadron command use?

My best guess is when you want to resolve it. You just have an additional timing to do so.

Without Flight Commander, after you reveal the dial

With Flight Commander, after you move but it is then just like Demolisher. You get to choose the order. Like Friday, I had my Defiance shoot, more, use its squadron command to take out a ship, moved those squadrons then Fighter Coordination Team for the boost.

This is one of those rule debates that really should not require an FAQ. This isn't ambigious, its not unclear, its not difficult. Anyone trying to say you can't trigger Yavaris after an FCT move is either unclear on the base rules, stupid, or being deliberately obtuse to gain advantage. Mic, if someone actually rage quit on you for this, I feel bad for them. They have to go through life like that.