Sign in to follow this  
JaketheWhitt02

What Two Heroes Will Be Featured In Sands Of Harad?

Loreagorn would be my second pick, but I mean, what better fuel for Legolas than Elven-light?

True..But having access to Daeron's Runes, Deep Knowledge, etc. lets you get the card draw without having to spend much either...Not necessarily better than Even-light, but a great addition to it I would say.

Loreagorn would be my second pick, but I mean, what better fuel for Legolas than Elven-light?

That's true. Between Elven-light and King Under the Mountain, your card draw is probably going to be OK without Lore, but I guess I was thinking the threat reset is going to be helpful too since you are starting so high. Also, Wingfoot pretty much gives Loreagorn the same ability as Leadership Aragorn but for far cheaper.

I may be missing something... How does access to Elven Light change with Aragorn being Leadership vs. Lore?

It doesn't. I was just saying I would run Core Aragorn with these 2 new heroes because you get more Leadership resources, and for card draw you already have Elven-light and King Under the Mountain. I will agree though that going trisphere with Loreagorn to use stuff like Deep Knowledge and Wingfoot is nice too. It's just that I am normally very wary of going trisphere in solo unless there's smoothing shenanigans, but that's more of a personal bias.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I ran Loragorn for a few cycles and one of my favorite tricks is to let my threat increase as I hoarded my Galadhrim's Greetings and Elrond's Councils and then trigger his ability and play those cards dropping my threat through the floor.  Council will require some hoops now though.

Man, I know that Spirit Glorfindel is pretty tired, but I do wish that Mirkwood Long-knife was Silvan OR Noldor so it could go on him...Seems like such a good fit that I wonder if they didn't make it Silvan only specifically to keep it off of Glorfindel.  Que Sera....There is always Elf-friend I guess, Though probably a bit inefficient as a combo.  Still be fun to get him all buffed up, quest for 5 w/o exhausting, swing for 5, Drop some progress with Asfaloth....

Yeah I can't stand that they made it Silvan Hero only. Plenty of people in the past have shown disappointment at attachments that are only useful on a single hero (or two), other than the rings which should be as restrictive as they are. 

Most fans of the game seem to prefer attachments that are good on a range of characters but provide a slight boost if placed on the character they "belong" to.

Snowmane is a great example, still gives the same effect but just doesn't take up a restricted slot if placed on Theoden. Same with Herugrim actually, same ability on anyone but is cheaper when you play it on Theoden. Captain of Gondor is great in that it can go on any warrior character, the Aragorn attachments are also great that some of them are great on any character but especially good on Aragorn or provide an additional effect if placed on Aragorn. Plenty of attachments p[er 

Baffles me when they release a card like this after all the backlash they see on the forums when they generally release cards like this. Only the Rings should be this restrictive. 

Baffles me when they release a card like this after all the backlash they see on the forums when they generally release cards like this. Only the Rings should be this restrictive. 

I would personally have to disagree--I'm glad that they're developing the identities of the Silvan and the Noldor separately. The Noldor already have enough toys as it is, if you ask me. :)

I would personally have to disagree--I'm glad that they're developing the identities of the Silvan and the Noldor separately. The Noldor already have enough toys as it is, if you ask me. :)

Fair enough. I totally see where you are coming from. 

Alternatively it would have been nice if it could be attached to Silvan characters and not just heroes.

I just hate that it is hero AND silvan. 

Yeah I can't stand that they made it Silvan Hero only. Plenty of people in the past have shown disappointment at attachments that are only useful on a single hero (or two), other than the rings which should be as restrictive as they are. 

Most fans of the game seem to prefer attachments that are good on a range of characters but provide a slight boost if placed on the character they "belong" to.

Snowmane is a great example, still gives the same effect but just doesn't take up a restricted slot if placed on Theoden. Same with Herugrim actually, same ability on anyone but is cheaper when you play it on Theoden. Captain of Gondor is great in that it can go on any warrior character, the Aragorn attachments are also great that some of them are great on any character but especially good on Aragorn or provide an additional effect if placed on Aragorn. Plenty of attachments p[er 

i too like Herugrim and Snowmane.  there's also Asfoloth in that as well.  but i wouldn't really say that Mirkwood Knife is baffling.  one, it's not a unique item from the lore that is understood to be own by a specific person.  also, on the other hand of the argument for restrictiveness of attachments, i see people often complaining about how literally any hero can become the Steward of Gondor

for Mirkwood Longknife, i think it's also paying it forward.  sure, it doesn't have a bunch of targets now, but i'm sure we'll get more options later on (maybe even in the Harad cycle itself)

Mirkwood Knife is good on most of the silvan heroes, if they have Light of Valinor as well.  Too bad the Noldor usually hog that attachment (though to be fair, LoV really *should* be on a Noldor thematically.)  I don't like tying attachments exclusively to a particular hero, but this one doesn't and tribal attachments are common enough, if not Noldor/Silvan distinctions.

This makes two attachments for Noldor and Silvan that can't go on the other, though to be fair the two Silvan attachments are more exciting and also unshared (Bow of Galadhrim vs Star Brooch and Steed of Imaldris.)

Only the Rings should be this restrictive. 

Not all the rings!

Yeah just the named ones. If we get lesser rings they should be able to go on just about anyone.

Or like only dwarves can wield the seven sort of thing.

It's not like the seven were made for Dwarves. That's just the number Sauron gave to them. 

The One Ring is special, having been made to control the others. The Three are special, as they were made in secret away from Sauron's touch. The other sixteen were general purpose.

Legolas, Leadership Gimli and Skyward Volley is a fairy nice combo. Use Skyward Volley after dealing shadow cards but before resolving enemy effects to do 2/4/6 damage spread across 1/2/3 enemies and then use Gimli's ability to ready Legolas so he can still attack and place progress with his ability if you are running the tactics version.

Edit: Skyward Volley also works well with King under the Mountain and Spirit Legolas's ability.

Edited by PsychoRocka

The more I think about Gimli, the more versatile and awesome he seems, especially in multiplayer. Being able to ready any hero on the board at such a critical time in the round is going to be so helpful. And the fact that he is sentinel makes him able to pretty reliably pop his ability any round you need it. Like if a player can't handle an enemy they have engaged, Gimli can defend it, and then ready any ranged hero on the board to help kill it. Or if everyone is good on attack and defense, Gimli can still ready that one player's Galadriel or that other player's Beravor that didn't get to use their exhaust ability yet this round. 

Finally, his ability is once per phase, not once per round. So for those annoying quests that have stuff attacking you in the staging step, you could potentially use his ability multiple times a round. 

Mirkwood Knife is good on most of the silvan heroes, if they have Light of Valinor as well.  Too bad the Noldor usually hog that attachment (though to be fair, LoV really *should* be on a Noldor thematically.)

If we're being picky, LoV should only work for Glorfindel and Galadriel (and it'd be useless on Galadriel). No-one else in the game has been to Valinor. Well, the wizards as well. Point is putting it on Silvan heroes is about as thematic as putting it on most of the Noldor heroes (which is to say, it's not).

The more I think about Gimli, the more versatile and awesome he seems, especially in multiplayer. Being able to ready any hero on the board at such a critical time in the round is going to be so helpful. And the fact that he is sentinel makes him able to pretty reliably pop his ability any round you need it. Like if a player can't handle an enemy they have engaged, Gimli can defend it, and then ready any ranged hero on the board to help kill it. Or if everyone is good on attack and defense, Gimli can still ready that one player's Galadriel or that other player's Beravor that didn't get to use their exhaust ability yet this round. 

Finally, his ability is once per phase, not once per round. So for those annoying quests that have stuff attacking you in the staging step, you could potentially use his ability multiple times a round. 

Yeah, the new Gimli is really great; readying any hero during the combat phase is going to be nice in a lot of decks.

I'm not so sold on the new Legolas, unfortunately, but I think I've figured out how to reason about his ability: you're essentially discarding a card to get to use one hero twice, with the flexibility of instead holding Legolas back as an attacker. For instance, let's say you're running Elrond, Treebeard, and SpLegolas, and it's the early game. What you'd really like is to get double-duty out of either Elrond (so he can defend something) or Treebeard (so you can use his Willpower-boosting ability if needed but still have him ready to smash something). At this point in the game, you don't really need Legolas' 3 atk--you'd much rather use one of the other heroes a second time--so it's kinda like getting two copies of a high-threat hero for 9 threat (and a card discard). Then later in the game when you've got your LoV and Unexpected Courages down, you can just use Legolas for his 3 atk. He's flexible that way.

Mirkwood Knife is good on most of the silvan heroes, if they have Light of Valinor as well.  Too bad the Noldor usually hog that attachment (though to be fair, LoV really *should* be on a Noldor thematically.)

If we're being picky, LoV should only work for Glorfindel and Galadriel (and it'd be useless on Galadriel). No-one else in the game has been to Valinor. Well, the wizards as well. Point is putting it on Silvan heroes is about as thematic as putting it on most of the Noldor heroes (which is to say, it's not).

Kinda makes me wish it said "Attach to a Noldor or Istari character" now. :P

Let us praise the gods it's not, for a second.

It's a card that shouldn't exist, really. It's primarily designed to make Spirit Glorfindel a boring hero.

Not to be too argumentative, but, while it might have the effect of making Spirit Glorfindel boring (for some players), I'm sure it wasn't really designed to achieve that. Edited by Trialus