Sign in to follow this  
JaketheWhitt02

What Two Heroes Will Be Featured In Sands Of Harad?

What two heroes do you think will be included in the new deluxe expansion? The description says that it will be two heroes who work well together, so I'm guessing (and hoping) it will be a spirit Sam and a leadership Frodo. Post your ideas below.

mec55_preview1.png

Edited by JaketheWhitt02

Well, Unexpected Friendship keys off of having a Silvan and Dwarf character, obviously referencing Gimli and Legolas' friendship. But it's a Leadership card, and our current hero versions of Legolas and Gimli are both Tactics, so neither of them could actually use the card.

That leads me to believe that the heroes in this box will be a synergistic Legolas and Gimli, with one of them being Leadership.

I'm almost sure it's the new Legolas and Gimli that we've been waiting for for much too long now. But I could also see it being a new Elladan and Elrohir.

Either of those pairs would be great!

Leadership Gilmi and Spirit Legolas would be great, and are very likely!

We already have 4 Lore silvan heroes, so another Lore Silvan hero is unlikely. Futhermore, there are a lot of silvan allies (5 with the Drowned ruins new ally) in the spirit sphere, and no Silvan spirit heroes. Would be nice to have one. :wub:  Especially Legolas.

For Gilmi we have his leadership ally version. A leadership hero Gimli could be cool.

Edited by Valiko33

Everything suggests a new version of Legolas and Gimli , but dwarves and elves do not make a good impression in the desert ... I hope there are Alatar and Pallando , other Istari , as heroes or allies .

Looking at the player cards spoiled so far, I think it's gonna be Legolas and Gimli, with the rest of the cards being another potpourri of traits with Silvan, Dunedain, etc.

Which is so meh to me. The Harad desert finally seemed to be the place where we would discover new mystical stuff, and while the new Harad heroes/allies sound exciting,the fact that the box itself is just going to be another smattering of races that could just be in any other cycle is so boring. At least they could include an actual unique Palantir or Lesser Ring, but getting more of the typical races in the Harad box sounds really unexciting. I wonder how many people will call this one their favorite deluxe expansion as opposed to Grey Havens and Lost Realm, which brought so many new themes unlike this one.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I'm almost sure it's the new Legolas and Gimli that we've been waiting for for much too long now. But I could also see it being a new Elladan and Elrohir.

especially considering the Unlikely Friendship card, 'working well together' is pretty relative

i also think it'll be new versions of Legolas and Gimli though. they fight like an old married couple but work pretty well together

i'm also hoping/speculating we'll get some Harad heroes in addition to the obvious Harad allies (we know we're getting at least one and seems extremely likely we'll get a few more besides)

the last couple of cycles has given us a Harad objective-ally that became a hero later on in the cycle, so maybe we'll see the same thing again. this intrinsically kind of rules out getting one in the box, but i have a feeling we'll get this again.

I found them (new Legolas and new Gimli) quite disappointing :/

The Dwarven Shield is kinda weird since the abilities point in different directions... you either make a good defense thanks to the +1def, but then you don't gain any resources, or take damage and gain resources,but then the extra defense was kinda irrelevant...

I think they are pretty good together....right out of the gate you are getting 5 actions a turn with some stat boosts...even without each other you can capitalize on the ready-ing. Of course , you need some card draw and resource gen to keep it going. Finally making a good "three hunters" deck would be awesome.

As for the kind of opposite abilities of the shield...I kinda like the "if plan A doesn't work, at least there is a silver lining" aspect. Add Loragorn for some access to healing/card draw and you've got a pretty good engine here

Edited by Trialus

Thinking in solo, these two with Leadership Aragorn might be good. For resources you have Steward, and for card draw you have Elven-light which works great with Legolas, and of course you have Unlikely Friendship that does both. Plus with 2 leadership heroes and Steward it'll be very easy to play Sword that was Broken, so that deck might be pretty good.

I like them. They each work well with the Tactics versions of the other too. Legolas can give tactics Gimli additional defense in order to mitigate some damage but still gain attack strength. Gimli can pump up Legolas' attack to kill enemies and make progress. There should be some interesting combos available between the four heroes.

I like them. They each work well with the Tactics versions of the other too. Legolas can give tactics Gimli additional defense in order to mitigate some damage but still gain attack strength. Gimli can pump up Legolas' attack to kill enemies and make progress. There should be some interesting combos available between the four heroes.

I think The new Legoland boosts WP instead of DEF...unless you were referring to something different.

I think The new Legoland boosts WP instead of DEF...unless you were referring to something different.

Oops. My mistake. Was mistaking Legolas' ability for the shield.