Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

Race Across Harad

Really? Ok.

Seems odd to me. Oh well.

Haven't read the article yet tho.

But that Nyashish art looks awesome!

Edit: read the article, and it actually makes his ability better imo.

If you draw 1 in your opening hand, you can pick a second.

Giving you options, and a bit of deck thining.

Edited by Noccus

I really like our new Hero Thurindir and that sidequests can affect the game like this!

Not sure about that name though, a bit too similar to a certain Lord of the Eagles. But I bet it is on purpose and that's why you can see an eagle in the Hero picture! :)

Edit: Yes a restricted slot is precious so the steed is not something I would consider for every hero, but for the ones who enjoy running an ent deck with Leadership Faramir as one of the heroes you might consider attaching the steed to him and quest with him. Then when an enemy engage, you get to ready both Faramir and and the ent you just played.

Edited by Mazarbul

Dope new player cards! Love the hero such a great ability and at only 8 threat as well. He is killer in Lost Realm quests and the entire Angmar Awakened cycle. His text reads each side quest not each player side quest so his willpower could easily reach like 6+ in any quest that has several encounter side quests as he will benefit from these as well as your own.

Pretty cool that a great Dunedain hero has such an edge in a cycle and deluxe box that are dunedain themed and set in their area of middle earth!

The horse is great but man restricted slots are so **** precious.... as good as the horse is at 1 cost and non-unique whether you use this, UC, Wingfoot etc will depend on the decks other strengths and weaknesses. I play a fair few armour and weapon attachments so having Steed of the North take up one of those restricted slots is actually fairly detrimental. UC and LoV work better for me but this card will shine for other decks.

The side quest is fairly cool but definitely way better in 3-4 player than it is in 1-2 player. I am excited to see other side quests we get as the new tactics one is really cool.

At least being a Mount means it works well with Elfhelm

really curious to see Na'asiyah's ability and how it compares to her ally/enemy abilities.

also i very much prefer her hero art to the one for her obj-ally/enemy, so i'm glad we get this one.

and apparently she's Tactics according to the preview article, so i'm very much hyped for her.

Thurindir seems good, but is not dunedain for me. Dunedain defends and engages 10 enemies, he quests? Dunedain hero slots is also very rare. I play Amarthiul Aragorn (lore) Idraen or Amarthiul Aragorn (lore) Beregond (spirit). The setup keep watch is awesome, but Aragorns threat reduction and tStwB is better (i think).

It occurred to me that this spirit Dunedain hero almost certainly puts paid to my hopes for spirit Aragorn in this cycle.

Spirit Dunedain? Thurindir is Lore...or have I missed a reference to another hero?

Hmm... You're right. Why was I thinking Thurindir was spirit?. Still hope!