Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

Race Across Harad

side quest decks got a shot to the arm with that new hero

also of note, the River Tarnen separates South Gondor and Harad. i wonder if the heroes attempt to make it back to Gondor but have to turn back for some reason

also i love that the Tamed Mumakil remind me of the sailing objectives from The Grey Havens. everyone has their own Mumak to help them through the desert like everyone having their own ship.

also the quest setup makes me think we'll get a quest similar to Flight of the Stormcaller, except we'll probably be running away from the orcs instead of chasing them

Dunedain Pathfinder is amazing for location exploration decks, and Explore Secret Ways works really well with him too

and always happy to see more mount attachments

I love Thurindir! He's great since you can start with Gather Information to reliably pull any card you want from your deck if you absolutely need a combo piece. Also really happy they didn't make another 2/2/2/4 hero. 

100% agree.

Gather Information into either Send for Aid or Scout Ahead, depending on what you want to do.  Love it.

Oh wow, these cards are amazing. Dúnedain decks just got a huge boost. Thurindir is also really cool, not only has he an amazing statline, just starting with a side quest in hand could be extremely powerful and open up a variety of decks (would looove to use him in a Dúnedain side quest deck if that is even viable). I love these cards.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I like Steed of the North a lot, even though it's restricted.  Readying when you need it most.

most mount attachments are, which is silly because Beregond can't use his Gondorian Shield AND Spear of the Citadel while riding a Rohan Warhorse, but he can ride two Rohan Warhorses at the same time

Looking good! Looks like this will be similar to the first adventure pack from the grey heavens. Loving the heroes as well! 

Liking the objective allies, although it sucks that they are immune to player card effects... 

I like Steed of the North a lot, even though it's restricted.  Readying when you need it most.

most mount attachments are, which is silly because Beregond can't use his Gondorian Shield AND Spear of the Citadel while riding a Rohan Warhorse, but he can ride two Rohan Warhorses at the same time

What's even more ridiculous is that he could even ride two Steeds of the North while riding a Tamed Mumak!

I just wish Snowmane wasn't restricted, so I could have Eowyn/Herugrim/Golden Shield.  I know Theoden can do that, but it's not the same.

There's actually a number of mounts that are not restricted:

Asfaloth

Arod

Shadowfax

Roheryn

Steed of the Mark

That's the same number as the restricted mounts in the current pool, though this new one is also restricted.  

I never thought of multiple Mount attachments as riding two horses at once. It's probably more liked actual medieval custom of travelling with multiple horses so they can share the load, wear evenly, that type of thing.

i feel like this makes it even more ridiculous that they're restricted though. they're helping to share the load, by i can't hold my Axe or wear my armour anymore?

i mean there's no way to resolve this thematically i feel (or rather, it's way too late to try to fix it now), i get the necessary mechanical restrictions, and i think that the crux of the problem lies in the restricted keyword, but i still find it silly nonetheless :P

Dope new player cards! Love the hero such a great ability and at only 8 threat as well. He is killer in Lost Realm quests and the entire Angmar Awakened cycle. His text reads each side quest not each player side quest so his willpower could easily reach like 6+ in any quest that has several encounter side quests as he will benefit from these as well as your own.

Pretty cool that a great Dunedain hero has such an edge in a cycle and deluxe box that are dunedain themed and set in their area of middle earth!

The horse is great but man restricted slots are so **** precious.... as good as the horse is at 1 cost and non-unique whether you use this, UC, Wingfoot etc will depend on the decks other strengths and weaknesses. I play a fair few armour and weapon attachments so having Steed of the North take up one of those restricted slots is actually fairly detrimental. UC and LoV work better for me but this card will shine for other decks.

The side quest is fairly cool but definitely way better in 3-4 player than it is in 1-2 player. I am excited to see other side quests we get as the new tactics one is really cool.

Pathfinder is broken.  SO glad that Spirit is finally getting some support.

On a more somber note, it's August.  We usually don't get AP2 until June.

Last year we didn't get the Gen Con box (Treason of Saruman I think) as a general release until November or December, but this year we had it at the same time as Gen Con.  Maybe cross your fingers for more of that?

The new hero is awesome! I have a question though: do you search for the extra side-quest after or before you draw your initial hand?

Before, as setup comes first. When you draw you are actually already playing, I think.

This new hero is really strong, more so in multiplayer were everyone will benefit.

You can grab The Storm Comes and play any ally from any sphere early in the game.

You can grab gather information and everyone can dig up the card they need.

You get the idea.

And how about teaming him up with Galdor of the havens? Set up heaven!

Edited by Noccus

The new hero is awesome! I have a question though: do you search for the extra side-quest after or before you draw your initial hand?

Before, as setup comes first. When you draw you are actually already playing, I think.

The article claims that you search for the side quest after drawing your opening hand.

Not related, but I've just seen this full Nyashish artwork on FFG instagram:

13671238_1143130329079301_609245615_n.jp

Edited by John Constantine