Sign in to follow this  
cosmic

Moving through adjacent space

I have question about abilities/skirmish cards that are triggered by entering or exiting adjacent space.

Are they triggered when one figure is moving by other figure? Please see the picture:

tzUKDd7.jpg

Lets have standing Trandoshan (T) and some other figure that is moving from point A to point B. Does that figure trigger event Entering and Exiting adjacent space for T when moving like this?

If so, then Trandoshan can play Dirty Trick when figure enters space 1 and Parting Blow when that figure moves on.

I was going through rules and forums but I'm unable to find conclusive information that would clarify my question. Any insight is appreciated. 

Yes, you enter and exit every square you move through. A smart player would rather move diagonally to the right and then left to not pass right past enemy if they know they're fielding abilities like that...

Edited by neosmagus

Yes, you enter every space you move through, also spaces that contain other figures.

See Rules Reference Guide for details (Enter, Movement, Push, etc.)

Edited by a1bert

Thanks for fast reply.

And I have a follow up question. Let's have a situation like this:

k8SEqft.jpg

RG - Royal Guard

T1, T2 - Troopers

Let's move T2 to spot B through T1. And let RG play Parting Blow when T2 is exiting space occupied by T1. And assume that RG rolls surge and apply stun to T1.

Now T2 can't voluntarily move and two figures can't share same space. Where do you place T2 after Parting Blow resolves. Or is it even possible to play it like this?

See the section in Movement that talks about losing movement points while sharing a space. While not identical, it is analogous.

In effect the Stunned figure is pushed to the closest valid space of its controller's choosing (unless the figure has an action left and can and wants to remove stunned).

(I think I have discussed this in conjunction with Incoming.)

Edited by a1bert

But in this particular example, if its triggered on exit, then wouldn't the figure's current movement be completed after the attack?    If there was no figure at T1, would the stun keep him on that square even though the attack was triggered by exiting the square?

Parting Blow happens before the figure actually moves. Otherwise it would not work at all with non-reach melee characters. And it is said in Parting Blow explicitly.

Interrupt when a hostile figure exits an adjacent space. Before that figure moves, perform an attack targeting that figure. Then, you become stunned.

And while stunned you cannot voluntarily exit your space, so the movement cannot happen.

Edited by a1bert

Ah thanks!  But just to clarify some confusion in your explanation, for Parting Blow, its the other figure that's stunned, the one using the Parting Blow?   In the example earlier the Stun would potentially come from the Royal Guard's attack...  so in that case both figures are stunned after, and if the victim was in an occupied space they have to move the nearest unoccupied?

Thanks for clarification.

But now I think of another interaction of Parting Blow and Davith Elso. When he Fell Swoop adjacent to Royal Guard, can Royal Guard play Parting Blow and potentially stun him in place and disable the attack?

From what has been written I would say that this is possible.

Edited by cosmic

Yes, upto 2 includes 0. If the figure does not move, it does not exit or enter a space.

(Not moving is also very useful against Mak in the campaign if he moves into your line of sight and within 3 spaces. Just don't move, and he can't Disengage.)