Sign in to follow this  
incinerator950

What's your primary faction?

We're just a few good men trying to make our way in the universe, and you call us Scum. I have no love for the Empire, but at least I'm not a terrorist.

I actually prefer privateers and mercenaries, but the distinction is blurred by ROEs and the lack of proper faction crossover ships and parts.  Also, you can't get letters of marque and reprisal in this game. 

If we get a proper new RPG game, I'd like to get a Imperial Privateer going.  I may add it as a part of my story, if I decide if I want to write it on New Canon or Legends material. 

Now here is a trick question, What is your subfaction?

Imperial Army Ground Support Wing, 1st Squadron, 2nd Bomber Flight attached to... whatever planet I haven't gotten that far. 

Edited by incinerator950

I'm a Empire supporter since child, but I initially bought xwing just for looks (the Tantive actually, as a pure garnish), and now they are mostly a nice diorama. 

So I have a pretty neat collection of both sides (the only scum I have are rebel scum, sorry). So I used to whatever side the friend I play doesn't want.

All 3 all the time!

In season 2 of the S&V Vassal tournament, I played 2 games with each faction, no repeat lists.

In actual tournaments (since I started going in January), I think I'm almost balanced at 3 each, give or take one or two and not counting the respawning furball for father's day, too many ships were used. Diversity is the name of the game for me. I'm actually considering not running Defenders at a tournament tomorrow only because I've run some a few times already, though most of these were pre-Imp Vets.

I do like shenanigans, a lot, so whoever delivers those is my buddy.

In all honesty, if they made a generic looted TIE or Privateer/Civilian TIE for scum as a generic ship, I'd probably start a second faction.  Although New Republic TIEs from Adumar or the Clone Interceptors from the Yevethan crisis would also be acceptable. 

FFG didn't do a good enough job with the paintball TIE, there was a lot of room for expansion besides using Sabine. 

I genuinely don't have one.  From the beginning, I've not had a preference for faction.  I gather faction preference is sort of a carryover from other, more expensive, miniatures games, and because I never played those games, the idea of limiting oneself to one faction always seemed odd to me.

But that's  not the same as not having a preference for ships!  My first favorite ship was the TIE Interceptor, then the B-wing, then the TIE Phantom, then the Aggressor.  Nowadays, when so many ships are not competitive, my favorite ships are not really the ones I fly most often: the StarViper, the G1-A, the TIE Punisher, (still) the B-wing, and so on.

I'm a Empire supporter since child, but I initially bought xwing just for looks (the Tantive actually, as a pure garnish), and now they are mostly a nice diorama. 
So I have a pretty neat collection of both sides (the only scum I have are rebel scum, sorry). So I used to whatever side the friend I play doesn't want.

I remember when LA had that Rebel Assault and TIE Fighter bundle, Mom got it for me and taught me how to lead targets for games on Rebel Assault 2.  I always played Rebels, but my favorite has always been TIE Fighter, until I got to play the original battlefronts and XWA where I could do mock battles offline with random ships.  Pretty much an Empire supporter from childhood too. 

I genuinely don't have one.  From the beginning, I've not had a preference for faction.  I gather faction preference is sort of a carryover from other, more expensive, miniatures games, and because I never played those games, the idea of limiting oneself to one faction always seemed odd to me.

But that's  not the same as not having a preference for ships!  My first favorite ship was the TIE Interceptor, then the B-wing, then the TIE Phantom, then the Aggressor.  Nowadays, when so many ships are not competitive, my favorite ships are not really the ones I fly most often: the StarViper, the G1-A, the TIE Punisher, (still) the B-wing, and so on.

My primary faction is whichever has the coolest ship atm

So, ARCs. My primary faction is ARCs

I do it for logistics planning, even if you don't align to a faction or spend a **** load on all three, you still have a primary where you have more monetary investment than others. 

Although vintage craft like Z-95s and ARCs should have just been faction neutral. 

Looking back since wave 4...hmm

Wave 4/5 rebels to begin my countermeta career with VI r3a2 luke

Wave 6 jumped on scrum for his sexiness xizor

Wave 7 flipped between the mighty, glorious K but won a championship with omega and deathrain

Wave 8 MOAR K (yay Sabine) but also back to scouts (feedback!!!) and the return of xizor

Brief dalliance with x7 defenders

Now ARCS :D

And soonish, lancers

Rebel

Scum

Rebel

Imp

Rebel

Scum

Imp

R3bel

(Scum)

We're just a few good men trying to make our way in the universe, and you call us Scum. I have no love for the Empire, but at least I'm not a terrorist.

I actually prefer privateers and mercenaries, but the distinction is blurred by ROEs and the lack of proper faction crossover ships and parts.  Also, you can't get letters of marque and reprisal in this game. 

If we get a proper new RPG game, I'd like to get a Imperial Privateer going.  I may add it as a part of my story, if I decide if I want to write it on New Canon or Legends material. 

Now here is a trick question, What is your subfaction?

Imperial Army Ground Support Wing, 1st Squadron, 2nd Bomber Flight attached to... whatever planet I haven't gotten that far. 

I have thought of a new format which does a "soft split" of the subfactions and since Scum doesn't have multiple subfactions I allowed them to be mercanaries replacing a subfaction.

You can find it HERE.