Sign in to follow this  
Darkcloak

Ban List Updated!

So, everyone who plays Fantasy Flights Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game pay attention!

The official Ban List is now up and the first victim is...

Abbreviations!

No more brevity folks.  If you wanna play Fantasy Flights Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game with your friends then you're going to have to stop telescoping your linguistics.  It's what's killing this game and we all know it.  I mean, what is more frustrating?  Getting outmaneuvered by someone more skilled at Fantasy Flights Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game than you are, or having to sift through piles of capitalized letters?  I know for a fact that my last tournament saw me do so poorly because my opponents had truncated lists.  FACT!  It had nothing to do with the fact that I flew my list backwards and off the mat, I was just so NPE'd... whoops sorry.  I mean to say that my play experience was so negative and it was entirely the fault of the other player.  They went to use their Plasma Torpedoes but said the name of the upgrade card in an abridged form... I nearly flipped the table! 

So, in short; we must ban brevity.  I know up there I said ban abbreviations, but that word is just so long I didn't want to type it out again so in order to save time and space I said brevity instead.

Edit:  Oh, and ban the Incom Corporation T-65B X-Wing Snubnose Starfighter.  With a name that long, it's just begging to be shortened and well, we all know how awful that makes the game!

If you're going to use abbreviations, write out the meaning of each just for the first use.

Example: "Use autoblaster turrets (ABT) with accuracy corrector (AC) for great results!"

If you're going to post in a wargaming forum...

If you're going to use abbreviations, write out the meaning of each just for the first use.

Example: "Use autoblaster turrets (ABT) with accuracy corrector (AC) for great results!"

If you're going to post in a wargaming forum...
...show proper decorum and respect by fully expanding upon your ideas using their appropriate names.

That's how I would end that sentence!!!

Edited by Arttemis

Ban abbreviations, ban them all.

"Forgive me if this soundeth strange. The eyes show a world without abbreviations, a vast stretch of darkness. But 'tis different to what is seen when stripped of vision. In the far distance, I sense the presence of tiny letters. Like precious embers, left to us by past Lords, linkers of the letter. Could this be what draws me to this strangely enticing abbreviations?"

So, everyone who plays Fantasy Flights Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game pay attention!

The official Ban List is now up and the first victim is...

Abbreviations!

Don't tell the TIE Adv. Prototype.... or the Raider Class Corv.