Sign in to follow this  
PanchoX1

HOTR

Can we talk about how HOTR was teased before Wave 9 was announced.... and we've had all of Wave 9 spoiled AND Wave 10 teased.... and we havent seen ANYTHING about HOTR?

Does anyone else find that weird?

My paranoia is telling me the unspoiled parts of the expansion are awful. Like Finn's card tells you to hold your opponents hand or some nonsense.

• Finn (Crew)

Rebel only.

All weapons on this ship lose "even a ship outside your firing arc" and gain a Mobile Firing Arc in any one direction (mobile firing arc direction on this ship may not be changed). When attacking with a Turret Primary Weapon or a [Turret] weapon, you may change one defender's die result to [Focus].

Poor guy jammed his turret.

Can we talk about how HOTR was teased before Wave 9 was announced.... and we've had all of Wave 9 spoiled AND Wave 10 teased.... and we havent seen ANYTHING about HOTR?

Does anyone else find that weird?

My paranoia is telling me the unspoiled parts of the expansion are awful. Like Finn's card tells you to hold your opponents hand or some nonsense.

Finn lets you shoot your own ships, filthy traitor that he is.

^^^These two posts made my morning, thanks.

• Finn (Crew)

Rebel only.

All weapons on this ship lose "even a ship outside your firing arc" and gain a Mobile Firing Arc in any one direction (mobile firing arc direction on this ship may not be changed). When attacking with a Turret Primary Weapon or a [Turret] weapon, you may change one defender's die result to [Focus].

Poor guy jammed his turret.

Finn (crew): Large Ship Only, Primary Weapon Turret Only: When attacking inside your primary firing arc, roll one extra die.  When attacking outside your primary firing arc, roll one fewer dice.

Or

Finn (crew): Large Ship Only, Primary Weapon Turret Only: after executing a red manoeuvre, you may immediately attack one enemy inside your primary firing arc.  If you do you cannot attack outside your primary firing arc this round.

Two Faced (Double Sided) Card

FN2187:

Imperials and First Order Only

0 Points

When Attacking you may change 2 blank results to focus results.

If you use this card, due to FN2187 lack of loyalty, flip this card and place on a resistance or rebel's empty crew slot if available. If not, discard this card

Finn (with Poe's Jacket):
Rebels and Resistance Only

2 points

When attacking inside your primary firing arc if you have a focus token, you may change 1 of your focus results to a critical result.

So....I looked at these cards again and I have to say that I think I'd probably like using Rey for the Falcon.  Also the new title.  I'll admit that I've never flown the Falcon since I got it at Wave 2.  It just wasn't my thing.   I hated the whole Fat Turret game and just never really liked flying large based ships.  I have no interest in this expansion......but.....I might proxy the cards and pilot to see how it flies.  I don't want another Falcon mini as I've barely touched the first one, but maybe it will be fun to use the new pilot and title.  [Of course not at tournaments, but I don't go to them anyways]

Edited by heychadwick

I despise the games falcon. It and the decimator are imo the actual worst designed ships in the game for how uttrrlyvlazy and devoid of counterplay (apart from MOAR DICE) they are

Except oicuun, he's cool

So this might be coming from a biased position, but after seeing (and thoroughly enjoying) what scouts and TLTs did to the yt1300...yeah there's nothing in the pack short of potentially utterly busted Han/chewie abilities that'll get the ship to stick on the table

Honestly, given the atrocity of wavec5, its for the best. Hopefully they'll one day reintroduce it as a cheaper and more thought provoking mobile arc (ie the way it should have always been)

Big problem with waiting for HOTR is all the actually cool stuff is unspoiled. New t70s, new epts, new crew and a droid for my ARCss

Spoiling the same dame Poe and another fat falcon with two lame titles that work FAR better on the same high ps we've been flying BOTH ships with since their release ...

Imo worst preview ffg has done, aside from the travesty of SLAM seismicss

Edited by ficklegreendice

Problem with PWTs is theyre all full 360 degrees of threat, when in reality the Falcon is the only one that even comes close to a full 360 vision with its turrets, since it has two (one on top one on bottom) and even it would have a deadspot or two. If, for instance, the Uboat had no ability to fire out of its right side at all, Dengar wouldnt be as menacing because people would hug his blind spot.

Thats why im fully expecting Finn to do something to either remove the PWT or heavily encourage you to not fire out of arc. Coupled with the new title, it makes sense, considering why would you give a PWT ship the ability to flip around like that? It doesnt need it...unless theyre trying to push the main arc. Rey kinda does this but i'd rather have current Han than Rey as it is. The two rerolls are nice instead of reroll ALL THE DICE but truth be told we'd get that 2 die reroll like 1/3 of the time we'd get Han's "try again" reroll, which is somewhat mitigated by Lone Wolf or Predator anyway.

It should really have been a ship by ship basis.

Falcon's main gun should indeed be 3die, perhaps 4 because those forward facing guns are not pathetic theyre pretty beefy. The turrets though are just little quad lasers mounted on opposite sides.

Falcon should have had a 4die main gun, no 1hards (since that makes NO FREAKIN SENSE for a large to have 1hards that arent red if at all), and a "special turret" limited only to the Falcon and give the Falcon a turret slot. The special turret is essentially a 2die Gunner attack with 360 threat and only range1

Pathetic attack, but its better than zilch.

and a not completely useless generic....lol

edit: oh thats the other issue. Full range 1-3 access on said PWTs. That shouldnt have happened. Every turret needs SOME kind of limitation, which is why even though i despise facing TLTs im fine with their existence because range1 bubbles and pricetag suuuuuuck. ion turrets im not cool with because yeah lack of range3 but still way accurate attack that robs me of the game if it hits.

Edited by Vineheart01