Sign in to follow this  
chico2323

Sabine's TIE, Buy 1 = Get 2?

I guess I'm the only one still hoping that "Sabine's Tie" is just a cruel joke by FFG, and they are actually releasing something actually of Rebel Alliance origin instead of yet another Tie Fighter. Someone else has to feel like I do! Anyone?

I do...

I want the Starchaser or T-Wing.

people already use the red defender for Vessery. The paintjob means nothing.

Only reason you cant technically use the tie fighter for a tie/fo or tie/sf is because the model is different, if only just. Though not sure if anyone would even care lol

Paint jobs have never ment anything.  This is also the biggest reason for saying why different designs on a ship's dial doesn't mean a thing so there is no reason to make them faction specific.

With the relatively recent change that actually allows some small changes to the model ship's form the arguement against using TIE/fo as TIE Fighters is also lossing a lot although you've still got dial issues there.  Need to see a TIE/sf before I include or exclude that from a list of TIE Fighters that are all but indistinguishable.

I, for one, am overjoyed I don't need to paint my TIEs to match my Sabine rebel dial. Doing the checkered pattern was a stretch as it was on the dial, doing so on the TIE's strut sounded beyond challenging to me. Knowing my sons, they'll want more than one of that TIE, since they're fully on board the "Sabine is awesome" train.

That is some sweetness right there Brah!

:D

dials_rebels.jpg

Perfectly legal as far as I can tell. Sabine's TIE is still a base TIE Fighter at it's core. It's just the pilots and titles that make it different.

For example, you could(and in fact had to) fly the Imperial Firespray model with your S&V Firespray pilots. So unless there's a rule that your dial also has to be faction specific, I think it's allowed.

If you think it's going to be an issue, just take the dial off an imperial TIE and put it in a Rebel dial upgrade kit... Problem solved.

(as long as they actually do use the same dial)

I would hate it if rebel players would just field non-yellow Tie Fighters. But I coudln't do anything about it. Its the same model.

Realistically, if they fielded more than one, they wouldn't be painted the same anyway. As Sabine wouldn't likely paint every TIE the Rebellion steals, and even if she did, she wouldn't paint them the same.

Then please paint them in all colors you like and make them perma-rebel ones.

Why would you? Rebels are about deception and guerrilla. Having TIEs exactly like the Imperial one is a most greater advantage.

The Germans and Italians used captured Allied AC during WW II.

So unless there's a rule that your dial also has to be faction specific, I think it's allowed.

There is a rule that you can use dial from any faction and ship with any paint job (i.e. Scum z-95 with scum dial as bandit squadron pilot), if you using correct card and cardboard insert.

I would hate it if rebel players would just field non-yellow Tie Fighters. But I coudln't do anything about it. Its the same model.

Realistically, if they fielded more than one, they wouldn't be painted the same anyway. As Sabine wouldn't likely paint every TIE the Rebellion steals, and even if she did, she wouldn't paint them the same.

Why would you? Rebels are about deception and guerrilla. Having TIEs exactly like the Imperial one is a most greater advantage.

Aircraft carriers?

Aircraft carriers?

He means aircraft. ;) Though they much more commonly used captured tanks than aircraft.

So unless there's a rule that your dial also has to be faction specific, I think it's allowed.

There is a rule that you can use dial from any faction and ship with any paint job (i.e. Scum z-95 with scum dial as bandit squadron pilot), if you using correct card and cardboard insert.

I was pretty sure you have to have the right dial for the faction (for example not able to use the rebel z-95 dial on a scum list). I may be wrong though

I was pretty sure you have to have the right dial for the faction (for example not able to use the rebel z-95 dial on a scum list). I may be wrong though

Yay, I was wrong. Just checked tournament rules

Sorta.

Technically speaking, the TIE in question was flown by Zeb and Ezra before Sabine got her hands on it ;)

Even that doesn't make a ton of sense.

One of the benefits of a stolen enemy ship is that you can use it for covert missions by pretending to be the enemy.

In fact, that's exactly how they use the thing in the series, which shouldn't work at all given the paint job, but does anyway thanks to the comedic stupidity of stormtroopers.

Uh, they literally talked about that.  The first time anyone had visual on it, it was already flying into the hangar.  The stormtroopers then went on to investigate it and got knocked out by all the ion bombs they loaded it down with.

Edited by Zefirus

Yay, I was wrong. Just checked tournament rules

From what I heard (this happened before I started playing) this was the initial rule, but then FFG changed their mind.

Aircraft carriers?

No, AirCraft. The one account I'm familiar with was in Italy. The Italians used a P-38 to knock down damaged bombers returning from a mission. The '38' would feather one engine feigning damage and fall in with a damaged bomber. When the time was right, he'd fall back, start up the "damaged" engine and fire on the bomber trying to kill the radio first.

Even that doesn't make a ton of sense.One of the benefits of a stolen enemy ship is that you can use it for covert missions by pretending to be the enemy.In fact, that's exactly how they use the thing in the series, which shouldn't work at all given the paint job, but does anyway thanks to the comedic stupidity of stormtroopers.

Obfuscation is for the weak and cowardly.

They are rebels for Wookies' sake; they need to REBEL with colorful panasche!

Uh, they literally talked about that.  The first time anyone had visual on it, it was already flying into the hangar.  The stormtroopers then went on to investigate it and got knocked out by all the ion bombs they loaded it down with.

The best part of that episode is that at the end, they also stole the Inquisitor's TAP.  So I'm still waiting for THAT to show up painted like a clown.

One thing no one has mentioned yet - there's no reason to buy more than 2 of this expansion pack - even for epic.  Once you have a second copy, you can run all 4 pilots at once, and assuming the dials are the same, use your OT core set TIEs and dials to run all 4 pilots.

Or if you're really cheap, you could buy just one pack and split the base plates down the middle with a hobby knife! 

(would that invalidate them for tournie-play?... they'd still be original FFG issued materials)

One thing no one has mentioned yet - there's no reason to buy more than 2 of this expansion pack - even for epic.  Once you have a second copy, you can run all 4 pilots at once, and assuming the dials are the same, use your OT core set TIEs and dials to run all 4 pilots.

Or if you're really cheap, you could buy just one pack and split the base plates down the middle with a hobby knife! 

(would that invalidate them for tournie-play?... they'd still be original FFG issued materials)

Now you suggested it, I'm sure they will forbid it. ;P

I guess I'm the only one still hoping that "Sabine's Tie" is just a cruel joke by FFG, and they are actually releasing something actually of Rebel Alliance origin instead of yet another Tie Fighter. Someone else has to feel like I do! Anyone?

I do...

I want the Starchaser or T-Wing.

^ My thoughts exactly. These are the only two remaining Rebel ships I have any interest or excitement in seeing brought to the tabletop. (Assault Gunboat and TIE Avenger for Imperials).

I'd like to see the new Republic Defender Star fighter, since it would have S-loops and probably a few white Kturns. Not to mention a crew slot...and be a Rebel ship with no Torp or missile slot. It would actually be different from most Rebel starfighters in the game, which would be nice.

It is like the Most wanted pack. You can get 3 Headhunters and 3 Y-wings out of it. You just might have some trouble making 3 Bynree pilots or 3 Syndicate Thugs. One of them will have to be Black Sun soldier and One will be a Hired Gun.