Sign in to follow this  
Drasnighta

2016-17 REGIONAL DATES AND LOCATIONS (X-WING)

We have selected and confirmed US and Canadian locations for the 2016 Regional Championships (May Track)!

This championship season will run from November 12, 2016
to February 25, 2017.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/events/2016-regional-championships-may-track/x-wing/

Edited by Drasnighta

Looks like Durham will be the closest for me. This will be my first Regional (I don't even have an official Store Tournament under my belt yet). It'll only be a three or so hour drive, which isn't too terrible I guess. It beats driving four hours to Atlanta for concerts, that's for sure.

I'm really surprised to see my hometown of Independence, MO on there though; I can't believe there is a store there that can hold that many people. I've been meaning to visit home for a while and would love to go to that event as well, but my wife will be giving birth maybe two weeks before that one happens, so maybe next time.

Wow... Worlds on the weekend of Nov. 5th and then San Diego, Milwaukee, Durham, Omaha, and Turro Nova Scotia all the next weekend!?!

That's gonna be a brutal turnaround.

Truro is wrong date. Getting them to fix it. It's actually December 3

Question: never been to a tournament before but I want to. Do I need to start somewhere besides a regional or can I sign up for this straightaway? Thanks!

Edit - also, is this all there is or are more regional tournaments played later in the year as well?

Edited by Dosiere

As popular as this game is and as much as it has grown you would think they start giving each region more than three regional. I mean we aregetting 30+ just for our local kit tourneys. If I go again this year is another 8 hrs on the road (round trip) plus the tournament. Not doing that again. Guess store championships is all I get to look forward to this coming year

Huh, the local shop that usually hosts Regionals didn't get it. Too bad, it's all of 20 minutes from my house, and the new MA location is a little over an hour away.

Interestingly enough, CT got one this time as well, and that's about an hour an a half away (so not all that bad).

Surprised we're getting two options, even if neither is close enough for me to definitely make it :/

Edited by ArbitraryNerd

Huh, the local shop that usually hosts Regionals didn't get it. Too bad, it's all of 20 minutes from my house, and the new MA location is a little over an hour away.

Interestingly enough, CT got one this time as well, and that's about an hour an a half away (so not all that bad).

Surprised we're getting two options, even if neither is close enough for me to definitely make it :/

An hour for a Regionals is pretty close though! Heck I drive 35-45 minutes, each way, twice a month to go to Battlegrounds in MA!

I would add the bit about going uphill in the snow both ways but you are already familiar with new England weather.... :-D

Edited by MajorJuggler

Question: never been to a tournament before but I want to. Do I need to start somewhere besides a regional or can I sign up for this straightaway? Thanks!

Edit - also, is this all there is or are more regional tournaments played later in the year as well?

There are other levels of tournaments throughout the year (store championships and national level) but these are the only regionals for the year.

My first ever time playing anyone besides my buddy was a regional. Went in expecting to lose out and not sure what the player base would be like. Everyone was friendly and I even managed to win a few games. That experience was what sold me on the game.

Looks like I might finally get to go to the milwaukee regional after missing it the past 3 years even though it's only about a half hour away from me at a store I go to regularly.

I'm glad regionals aren't in late spring/early summer anymore.  Terrible time of year for me with family events, weddings, graduations, holidays, etc.

Plus I'm not going to worlds so I don't have that competiing with my time the weekend before.

Once again, failure on location in the Mid- and South- West. They've added regionals locations every year since 2014 (can't say since 2013, since the list of locations for that year seems to have disappeared). So it's not like they can't add more.

Closest regional: 6.5 hours.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that we just finished regional season and are having it again in only a few months?

It was bound to happen with the separation of games. It is only this year. Unless you play a non-Star Wars FFG game, which means year round Regionals. 

Who in their right mind decided on *Bozeman, MT* as a regional location?  In the middle of January?

Do you people have ANY IDEA what the weather and travel situations are going to be like for that one?  LOL....

Oh yeah? Look at the Canadian dates. You do not want to be going anywhere in Feburary.