The Rebel Fleet

Nadiri Mk 1 Starhawk

Just reading Aftermath, Life Debt and they have mentioned the Starhawk a couple of times:

Any Bothans out there have anything more than below? Maybe coming in a wave or two?

Wookeepidia:

The Nadiri Mark One Starhawk was a type of battleship in service with the New Republic Starfleet. Like all the ships constructed at the Nadiri Dockyards, they were constructed from disassembled captured Imperial spacecraft. It was notable for being one of the first class of ships built by the New Republic, through military contract, after the Battle of Endor.[1]

Just reading Aftermath, Life Debt and they have mentioned the Starhawk a couple of times:

Any Bothans out there have anything more than below? Maybe coming in a wave or two?

Wookeepidia:

The Nadiri Mark One Starhawk was a type of battleship in service with the New Republic Starfleet. Like all the ships constructed at the Nadiri Dockyards, they were constructed from disassembled captured Imperial spacecraft. It was notable for being one of the first class of ships built by the New Republic, through military contract, after the Battle of Endor.[1]

Until now the Factions are Imperium and Alliance to restore the Republic (Rebellion) not the New Republic. And until now there are now visuals for that ship. Perhaps you try your look with enlarging the fleet destruction scene from Eps.8? ^_^

They descibred it has having a "Hatchet" like appearance, so I'd expect the front to look like an axe blade, broad at the top, and slicing downward.  

Also it should be at least medium sized.   I'm guessing the upper-end of the medium class, similar to the Interdictor. 

They descibred it has having a "Hatchet" like appearance, so I'd expect the front to look like an axe blade, broad at the top, and slicing downward.  

Also it should be at least medium sized.   I'm guessing the upper-end of the medium class, similar to the Interdictor. 

In parallel to the Nebulon B's toothbrush appearance maybe? 

I think the head will be similar in scope to the nebulon B, in that it points downward... but it'll be sleeker and newer.  Probably lots of smooth edges, and a few panels, similar to how star destroyers have panels but also look smooth. 

As far as the body I'd expect it to have sides that resemble wings.   Possibly similar to how the sides of a star destroyer look? 

Here's a terrible mock up of how it might be. 

I think the head will be similar in scope to the nebulon B, in that it points downward... but it'll be sleeker and newer.  Probably lots of smooth edges, and a few panels, similar to how star destroyers have panels but also look smooth. 

As far as the body I'd expect it to have sides that resemble wings.   Possibly similar to how the sides of a star destroyer look? 

Here's a terrible mock up of how it might be. 

I want you to know I  am hoping that they come out with a really nice looking Starhawk (I kind of like your concept) in the new movies, but I hold out hope that if we look hard enough in the background we see your Starhawk exactly as you drew it here. Black line, no color, and all.

Edited by ImpStarDeuces

Made a concept sketch based on this description.

yvbnx5K.jpg

Edited by njbulters

yvbnx5K.jpg

Oh my...... oh yes..... oh that's very very nice.       Almost as good as mine!   lawl!

Seriously though I love that. 

yvbnx5K.jpg

Wow!!!! That looks Fantastic! Maybe in Star Wars 8 they will give us some better starship love, at least on the Rebel side.

7 hours ago, GeneralZElite said:

It's been shown in the new trailer, now we have visual confirmation. You weren't too far off, njbulters:

Those are corvette class ships at the largest.  Look at the windows, at the top/front and the ball turret on the bottom of the hatchet.  They will make a good flotilla, perhaps.

1 hour ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I think they're a heavy star fighter...maybe a new b-wing.  It looks to be the size of the falcon.

more like the size of a Gozanti. that conical bit at the front looks to be about 1/2 the length of a T-70 Xwing (which is 12.5 meters), and the whole ship is about 10-12 cone lengths long. so your looking at 60-70 meters. and nearly that tall. a gozanti is 64 meters.

The current estimate is that the ships seen in the new trailer are about 60 meters long, which is about double the size of the Millenium Falcon (officially 34 meters and change at its widest point).  People have pointed out that there is a ball-turret down at the base of the new ship "wedge" piece that closely resembles the ones on the Clone Wars LAAT gunships.  If they're the predicted size, then we're basically seeing some combat-adapted light freighters, basically the Star Wars equivalent of a PT boat or Coast Guard cutter.

COULD be a flotilla.  Even if they are smaller than a GR-75 you could still have a flotilla of them.   Maybe a base with 3 of them... a heavy attack flotilla?   I wouldn't mind one that's actually expensive.   70 points, 3 red dice in the front - and scatter?   

Just now, Crabbok said:

COULD be a flotilla.  Even if they are smaller than a GR-75 you could still have a flotilla of them.   Maybe a base with 3 of them... a heavy attack flotilla?   I wouldn't mind one that's actually expensive.   70 points, 3 red dice in the front - and scatter?   

That sounds like an interesting concept and I would love to see something similar to that, BUT anything resembling flotillas right now rubs me the wrong way lol! Then again if it's an attack flotilla it would be forced to be in the center of the action allowing it to be killed easier than the ones we have currently!

I want to see what these actually do before jumping to conclusions.   Nothing seemed to actually shoot or even move in the brief moment we saw.  This is especially true after Poe Dameron in X-Wing came out very underpowered relative to his big moment in Force Awakens. 

When we see these in action I'll start wondering about their stats. I hope also that FFG is in a better position this time to insist Disney give them a better idea about what they should do in the context of the films.  One benefit about the Hammerhead is that we've all seen them in action now, FFG and us know how cool they should be before they're even in hand. 

Edited by thecactusman17