Sign in to follow this  
migs6000

Are T-70s viable?

Even Poe I've found personally underwhelming because his offense is so unimpressive

Oh man, so much this. I flew the Heaver world's list for a bit through Store Champs and that was always my takeaway. Between R2-D2, thrusters and his ability, sure, he could live pretty much forever, but his damage output never matched up. And when the rest of your list is a Z-95, a single unrestricted TLT and a stressbot TLT Y that is going to have a hard time getting things in arc past the first engagement, all at PS2, you need to get your damage output from somewhere and Poe often just couldn't deliver, especially with Wave 8 and the shift to Jumpmasters being everywhere.

Same problem in a variant of the Wes + Biggs + Corran list I tried before GenCon where I swapped Poe in for Corran. Though Poe could live forever, the list just didn't have enough punch to resolve things before his wingmates went down.

Answer me this, please: why do people keep suggesting Push the Limit on Ello Asty? He only has white T-rolls when he's not stressed. Do you just hold off until after your first Tallon Roll, and PtL off of that? Essentially PtL's sole purpose is to let him Boost+Focus after he flips. Seems situational, and Predator would work better with his ability so he could focus every round and have decent offense, and be able to white T-rolls at any moment.

I'm confused about that as well. I've been meaning to give Ello Asty a try for a while now, and I'm definitely planning on Predator for the same reasons you've given.

You run PTL on Ello when you also run BB-8 so that you can reveal a green, barrel roll, push the limit, execute your green maneuver and clear stress, and then take a third action and end the turn unstressed.  You could also T-Roll and take one action (or push off of it in an emergency).  It makes Ello even more unpredictable.

You run PTL on Ello when you also run BB-8 so that you can reveal a green, barrel roll, push the limit, execute your green maneuver and clear stress, and then take a third action and end the turn unstressed.  You could also T-Roll and take one action (or push off of it in an emergency).  It makes Ello even more unpredictable.

Okay, that does make sense. I guess I forgot the order of operations re: BB-8. Still, I wonder which I would prefer. If you do push off a white maneuver or T-Roll, then you do become predictable. My inclination is probably to stick with Predator to at least always have some attack mods, even in emergencies. But those three actions do sound enticing. I suppose I'll have to give 'em both a try and see what I think.

Just wondering since I really like the newer X-wings. Are they viable in the current meta? Or are they just as bad as everything else the rebels field?

only one is viable and his name is poe. this has been true since they were released and hopefully hotr helps with some cool new mid-ps pilots

Poe only sees use because hes a slightly more defensive xwing with his keep a focus ability and it feeds into regen build at the end of the round. I get far far more use out of Ello Asty than i do Poe, that white Troll is glorious. His only real issue is hes PS7, which personally i find to be a deadzone in PS levels. PS7 can be blocked by anything except aces, but he doesnt get the chance to react to aces either. Yeah you can give him VI but he does so much better with BB8 + PTL or Outmaneuver (since, yaknow, white troll).

Just wondering since I really like the newer X-wings. Are they viable in the current meta? Or are they just as bad as everything else the rebels field?

only one is viable and his name is poe. this has been true since they were released and hopefully hotr helps with some cool new mid-ps pilots

Well, not really... Red Ace is about as good as Poe.  Their abilities are kind of mirrors of each other - Poe is good vs mutliple incoming attacks because he can perma-focus more evades, while Red Ace is better vs a small number of attacks where his Evade token isn't getting overwhelmed.

Edited by Stay On The Leader