Sign in to follow this  
BenStark

I feel like I'm drifting to the Dark Side...

Or maybe not...

I've gotten some great advice from the community here and started to look at my list builds through a new scope.  That being said, I'm suddenly obsessed with figuring out Imperial builds and wanting to play Imps.  Previously, I played Rebels almost exclusively.  But now I've got TIE's on the brain.

So, I know that numbers are my friend when playing Imps.  Also need to keep an eye on arc-dodging and dice manipulation.  Anything else I need to keep in mind going into Imp play?

for some reason 4 ship lists are odd. it`s either 3 only or 5 or more at a time. 2 ship squads is another odd duck. other than RAC/Whisper.

I don`t know if its the way the points lay out or what... but for whatever reason, 4 ship imperial lists are like Chinese girls with green eyes.

you never see a FAT shuttle. use them as shuttles, stick your crew on it and "in general" that's it.

eh...shields are for suckers.

don`t put upgrades on academy ties

Theres no rules that are IMP specific. try a 4 ship list.

Don Julio Anejo is a mighty good tequila and goes well with both phantoms and interceptors. you want to be `loose of brain`. or fluid in thought....something.

for some reason 4 ship lists are odd. it`s either 3 only or 5 or more at a time. 2 ship squads is another odd duck.

Odd.  You keep saying that.  I do not think it means what you think it means.  :P

I agree with almost everything Velvetelvis said EXCEPT a nice single malt scotch is more conducive to good Imp squad building.

That is the best statement I have seen posted EVER.

for some reason 4 ship lists are odd. it`s either 3 only or 5 or more at a time. 2 ship squads is another odd duck.

Odd.  You keep saying that.  I do not think it means what you think it means.  :P

I agree with almost everything Velvetelvis said EXCEPT a nice single malt scotch is more conducive to good Imp squad building.

Thank You!

for some reason 4 ship lists are odd. it`s either 3 only or 5 or more at a time. 2 ship squads is another odd duck. other than RAC/Whisper.

I don`t know if its the way the points lay out or what... but for whatever reason, 4 ship imperial lists are like Chinese girls with green eyes.

4 Bomber builds are being discussed here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/227883-gammas-doing-an-alpha/?p=2369776

When I started my collection, I had only a tangential interest in Imp's (I'll want something for my rebels to destroy, after all).

But, Imp's have become my largest faction, and with my latest order (in transit) that margin is becoming even greater (12 ahead of Reb's).

Scum will be only 2 ships off second place, and after Wave 9 hits they might be on par... but neither can match the might of the Empire.

Oh, you want real advice? I'd say pick up a few boxes of Vet Imps and have a blast. I love the Countess and Vessery is so much fun now that he can double tap with his title. Also, Gammas! Try not to overthink using bombers, just load them up and leave room for a ship you want to use in the endgame -- I'd recommend VI Turr Phenir. He's one of the greatest closers in the game. 

Or you can....

IG88_IceCream01_zpsoileii4j.png

4 ship builds are out there, Imperial A-Holes is 4 ships. But yeah most are three because it's palp shuttle and 2 aces. Or it's a swarm with 5 plus.

I love Imperials.  Yeah, for some reason we have a lot of 3-ship builds whether you're talking three aces or two aces plus a Palpatine shuttle.  But we also have a wide variety of different TIE swarms ranging from 5-7 ships.  Old style ones were usually 7 ships, modern ones tend to be 5-6 with Crackshot.  There are two ship lists with Decimators and usually a Phantom.  Four TIE Bombers is becoming a thing, and there are a few other four ship lists but they're less common.  It's really the introduction of the TIE/fo and the lower point "pocket aces" for them that is bringing this style up.

Good ships are nearly anything you want.  Don't run Firesprays as Imperial ships and you can skip the TIE Punisher too.  Other than that, it's all good.  TIE Advanced really needs their TIE/x1 and Advanced Targeting Computer cards to shine but it's worth doing.

Oh yeah, and learn to love green dice.  We put three of them onto almost all of our ships :)

Oh yeah, and learn to love green dice.  We put three of them onto almost all of our ships :)

That's the real kicker. Me? I love green dice. They get me out of scrapes far more often than I expect. But watch out for Zuckuss crew - he has recently become my name. Focus tokens are great against Juke, but Evade tokens are good against Zuckuss and Crackshot.

"Real" advice?... uhh...

R1 Barrel Roll out of arc... 

As was mentioned, block and block.

Flimsy and Flamey doesn't matter when an open dial and repositioning options makes a ship a joy to fly. 

Interceptors are sexy, TAP's are cute... purchase both.

Get Aces and Veterans....

Unfortunately you need to spring for a Starviper.. even if you don't play Scum it's still a cool mini, and like an open canvas for elaborate freehand paintjobs... but primarily it has two copies of Autothruster.

C'mon guys, the Firespray isn't that bad... I mean it isn't king of the big ships anymore, but it's still cool.. and it comes with two Steal Devices. :)

Even without Palps and even with horrible dials, shuttles are cool.

TFA Core set is worth it for Imps.

....you wanted advice and I just gave a shopping list, sorry. :(

That's the real kicker. Me? I love green dice. They get me out of scrapes far more often than I expect. But watch out for Zuckuss crew - he has recently become my name. Focus tokens are great against Juke, but Evade tokens are good against Zuckuss and Crackshot.

OTOH, learn to love crits.  Because when those green dice fail, there are also no shields to stop them.  Apparently the Empire is using that extra power for subspace XM radio on all fighter craft.

Funnily enough, I play all factions and empire interests me the least

Could it be all the green dice :o???

Nah. Turns out, you don't roll any greens if you just arcdodge your opponents :D

No the real reason is everyone and their dog plays em over here in Empire City. Just thought I'd stop by to assure everyone that high agility isn'tc really a defining trait as much as a higher maneuvering requirement (to avoid said dice in the first place)

And if a guy called ficklegreendice can have fun playing FOs, bombers and Defenders, you KNOW there are ways to make that agility matter less

Also, long live Juke!!!!