Sign in to follow this  
Darkcloak

Your Best Buy?

2 printing cartridges in color and black, 2 square metres of cork and a black spray can.

I used all of that to print the complete HotAC Manual, Stat Cards and custom Obstacles and I sliced the cork into form of the custom obstacles, glued the printed obstacles on and painted the rest of all in black so it fits my space mat. That amazing HotAC experience was certainly the most well spent money on X-Wing so far.

It used to be Rebel aces. love both the A-wing and the B-wing, and the pilots in them are just amaaaazing. But now they are unplayable (maybe not A's) in tournaments, which is a big buzz-kill for me. 
YT-2400 have been my all-time favourite though! ;) 

I was so excited when I bought my first blister of the TIE Defender.  Ever since the video game TIE Fighter by LucasArts, it's been my favorite imperial flyer.  To open the blister and see that FFG thought highly of it, also, as to make it nearly unplayable due to cost, I was deflated. :-/

That being said, when Imperial Veterans dropped, I bought two copies immediately because they fixed my favorite ship. I don't really care for the Glaive Squadron paint scheme (I wish that they had painted the Defender like they did the bomber), It made my favorite ship playable and more fun to play (if that was possible).  Also, I'd just had the spark of desire to play bombers and after Imperial Veterans, I really want to play a bomber list.

I own four bombers for my GS flight, but to be honest I don't actually care for most of the ships I own.  The K-Wing I bought would have completed Deathrain, except I won't play my Punisher for a while.  Redline's nerf made my Phantom more redundant.

So really, none of them.

Well, I'm much more a collector than I am a player, and the Moldy Crow holds a a special place for me due to nostalgia. So, my favorite purchase would be the HWK, followed by the Millennium Falcon, and then the original Core set.

Small ship: TIE Defender.  The thing winds up on the table all the time, and it always has.

Large ship: Decimator.  I play with a lot of noobs that use my stuff, so the Decimator is easy enough to use on its own for them.

Scum ships are the best bang for the buck overall.  There are some duds but overall the majority of scum ships flat out are more fun and seem like a better deal in terms of upgrade cards etc.

1 exception is Interceptor for the Imp D-bag Soontir.

Edited by Tokyogriz

Mist Hunter for me. Most Scum ships have nice tweaks that give your opponent a little shock if they have not seen them before, but Mist Hunter felt like the biggest change to my bag of tricks.

Get tractored. Reroll that defence dice. Here, have a stress. You're welcome.

Apparently not meta. Good fun though.

I work construction. Was building a restaurant up close to Atlanta.. about four hours from home; working ten to eleven hours then collapsing in a little motel room with some other guys. Exhausted and bored and missing my family... one night I got online and found the nearest Barnes & Noble and trekked down to it, just to break routine for that week. Naturally I hunted down the games section annnnd..... nothing. Not a single miniature.

Perplexed and nearing depressed (wanted to be at home with the wife and kids, job was dragging out waayy too long). I found myself an assistant manager who sashayed back to the game section and prowled around the same shelves I was just at, then stated "Oh! We shipped all of those things off to other stores because no one wanted them." (Then I was sad and angry).

Just as I was about to leave I espied an X-Wing package. There was a single A-Wing that got left behind during the pogrom. It was hiding all alone behind some stupid little wooden puzzles. The A-wing is my wife's favorite ship... which honestly at that point I was in a very childish emotional state and would've bought any ship just to give myself something to do... So wee lonely A-Wing was coming home with me...

Got my ship, paid for it... heading out to the truck. Realized my change felt weird. Looked at my receipt and discovered the poor little unloved R-31A was on clearance for $2.00!!

(Was building another restaurant on the other side of Atlanta during Force Friday, hit a Target and couldn't resist the urge to snag a TFA core set.... wasn't as a good a deal as the A-Wing tho, ;) )

Edited by juxstapo