Sign in to follow this  
DarthRossi

VI or Juke on Vader

Hi all

In the experience and wisdom of this forum, is VI too important on Vader to consider Juke?

I am playing with Vader tomorrow and want to know what would benefit him more?  Moving last or being able to potentially push through more damage or take away a focus?

Cheers

I'm so bored of putting VI on my aces, living in fear that it will be imperative at some point.

I changed a rebel list to have juke instead of VI on Corran Horn, and I'm actually really looking forward to trying it.

It's just so much more interesting that being PS10.

A list featuring a juke Vader was top 4 at the Yavin Open, so it can't be too bad.

I actually prefer predator to either. More expensive yes but he hits like a freaking truck. Juke pinches his actions a bit between the evade and the reapplying atc if he switches targets so I personally avoid it. I imagine lone wolf to be decent too

juke tied to action is incredibly underwhelming and frusturating

there are so many instances when you can't trigger it because other actions are more efficient or because you've had to do a maneuver that denies you actions to get another advantage

I basically juke exclusively with x7s and omega leader. havn't found it worthwhile otherwise

Hi all

In the experience and wisdom of this forum, is VI too important on Vader to consider Juke?

I am playing with Vader tomorrow and want to know what would benefit him more?  Moving last or being able to potentially push through more damage or take away a focus?

Cheers

adaptility or predator seem to be quite popular, Juke has that disadvantage that vader does not get a free evade token, but has to give up one of his actions for that. And action which might have moved him out of arc instead of trying to tank a shot with that evade token.

I like Juke. It's literally my favourite upgrade.

That said, my Vader is either there to hunt aces(VI) or there to punch enemies in the face (predator).

Juke could be fun, the issue is action economy- if you're evading and target locking for x1 then you've lost all modification that round.

ATC's already taking a deep bite into Vader's action economy and also means he doesn't get rerolls, so, as much as I hate to admit it, he's served quite well by Predator.

If you find yourself evading a lot with Vader anyway then Juke's possibly worth it, but if you don't probably not.

Juke is at its best when you want to evade anyway.

Yup, Predator or Lone Wolf. The latter is very useful late game and cheaper but harder to use early on. You really do want actionless re-rolls on your dice. Vader's action economy is one of the weakest among aces and he's way too expensive to be inconsistent. You're already hard pressed to use him at all when Inquisitor or Ryad are available. Either of them is harder to kill and provides more consistent firepower. Inky is also cheaper to boot. Vader can still be considered somewhat competitive to those 2 because of his high PS, more open dial and the fact that he's not PTL-dependent and thus less prone to external sources of stress. Those are important advantages but only provided his firepower has about the same reliability as that of the other guys. And you can't achieve that without re-rolls.

juke tied to action is incredibly underwhelming and frusturating

there are so many instances when you can't trigger it because other actions are more efficient or because you've had to do a maneuver that denies you actions to get another advantage

I basically juke exclusively with x7s and omega leader. havn't found it worthwhile otherwise

Juke is great on things like the /x7 and TIE/fo. You get an evade token for doing things you would do incidentally anyways. I find Vader is either Barrell rolling, boosting or focusing to bother with doing an evade. And has been said before, Predator just makes him kick a**

I'll echo the comments here. Being tied to the evade action (Juke is best on x7 and Comm-Relay FOs as the token is either free or banked) isn't great but it ain't terrible either as it lets Vader tank. I flew an Accuracy Corrector - Cluster Missiles - Juke Vader (also with Engine Upgrade)which was interesting. It got smoked by Bossk/Dengar (partly b/c I flew it terribly) but my feeling was it would have made a decent ace-killer as it could really force damage through. Against high-HP large base ships, it wasn't so great.