Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

Who is Getting 2 Teros?

Probably end up getting 3 dewback kits to run imperial cavalry. I don't know what to run freezing frenzy on yet.

So far depending on the point cost of the dewbacks, they'll probably fit the dewback the best. Ranged weapon with BGY, they will have plenty of surge so throw around and the extra inherent damage and a surge for recover 2 is gravy. Can't read their special ability, but we know terro gets 3 free movement points at the beginning of his activation, so he can shoot and flamethrower in the same activation. I'd love to get the feeding frenzy to work on my Wampas, but they aren't necessarily the most competitive choice, with jabba, they may stay focused enough to make it work though. We don't know enough about the rancor to see if it would benefit him.

I don't think the bantha would ever use it, reg Nexu doesn't have enough health. ENexu could actually benefit bc he tends to have extra surges, especially If he's focused and that would allow him to be a supreme menace for longer than a turn perhaps.

I've got two kids that play so having extra models and stuff is always an issue. We tend to get at least two of everything, rarely 3 but with the crossover of factions, it's hard to keep everyone supplied with new exciting stuff

Edited by buckero0

Probably end up getting 3 dewback kits to run imperial cavalry. I don't know what to run freezing frenzy on yet.

So far depending on the point cost of the dewbacks, they'll probably fit the dewback the best. Ranged weapon with BGY, they will have plenty of surge so throw around and the extra inherent damage and a surge for recover 2 is gravy. Can't read their special ability, but we know terro gets 3 free movement points at the beginning of his activation, so he can shoot and flamethrower in the same activation. I'd love to get the feeding frenzy to work on my Wampas, but they aren't necessarily the most competitive choice, with jabba, they may stay focused enough to make it work though. We don't know enough about the rancor to see if it would benefit him.

I don't think the bantha would ever use it, reg Nexu doesn't have enough health. ENexu could actually benefit bc he tends to have extra surges, especially If he's focused and that would allow him to be a supreme menace for longer than a turn perhaps.

I've got two kids that play so having extra models and stuff is always an issue. We tend to get at least two of everything, rarely 3 but with the crossover of factions, it's hard to keep everyone supplied with new exciting stuff

The special abilities on the Dewback Rider look very similar to Captain Terro, except that the first ability appears to involve a yellow die and says something about damage results and surge results.  Perhaps instead of automatic damage to a group like Terro, it hits a single target, but with a die roll?

[> Shock Lance:] Choose a figure within [2 spaces and roll 1] yellow die. That figure [suffers DAMAGE equal to] the DAMAGE results. Then, [if you rolled 1 or] more SURGES, it becomes [stunned].

In brackets I'm just guessing. Mounted will be exactly the same for both figures.

Edited by DerBaer

Man, I wish they would fix saska's grenade mechanic before giving it to a lizard rider. I was thinking mounted might be just 2 for the dewback riders over Capt. Terro. In fact, if this is right debaer, the regular dewback riders may be better than terro in my book, especially if they are only 6 points. I kind of hope the elite jet troopers have movement 5 as well.

Man, I wish they would fix saska's grenade mechanic before giving it to a lizard rider. I was thinking mounted might be just 2 for the dewback riders over Capt. Terro. In fact, if this is right debaer, the regular dewback riders may be better than terro in my book, especially if they are only 6 points. I kind of hope the elite jet troopers have movement 5 as well.

Hard to say if they have speed 5, but the grays can gain 2 MP after an attack. I'd guess the reds have an improved version of that ability.

Depending on how the rest of the details shake out, I will definately be trying

7 Capt Terro

6 Dewback + Feeding Frenzy

6 Dewback + Feeding Frenzy

6 eJumptrooper

6 eJumptrooper

5 eOfficer +Advance Comms

Rule by Fear or Zillo

wish I could get another officer in there, but I think the eOfficer making cavalry move so they can get multiple double shots and yellow grenade is too good.

Hoping for improved/more Vehicle command cards and excited about using my creature cards (Survival instincts, Ferocity, hopefully some more cool options)

Vader's Finest might be an interesting twist as well, I think feeding frenzy is better and cheaper.  So far I'm more intrigued by the Dewback riders than Terro even.  And he looks pretty cool.  Kayn is expensive, but he would be a great mixer with the dewbacks as well.  Very thematic to have Kayn, Heavy troopers and dewbacks running around.

Edited by buckero0

I don't see any reason why they couldn't add one in un-attached to a certain expansion set like Greedo, Obiwan and Inquisitor, I doubt they will, but there's no reason why they coudn't. I kind of feel like the Echo Base troopers got something like that with their Enviromental rule, but that's maybe implied.

Yeah we could get some sort of mounted figure for Rebels through a reinforcement wave, certainly.  OR there could theoretically be a mission in another expansion where you return to Hoth *again* but the other way is more likely I feel.  Also feel jipped that we didn't get Jawas after three visits to Tatooine, but that'll have to fly, I guess.  The Ugnaught is thematically similar to what a Jawa could be, and they're great!

What if they did something totally wacky and produced TWO tauntaun packs - one with Luke and one with Han but they *also* included a non-unique rider and deployment card? :lol:

just add extra torsos.  same pack, but 3 different torsos, if you wanted to run both or all at the same time then you would still purchase 3+

I'd prefer a skimmer/landspeeder vehicle on the bantha/rancor sized base, I don't think the tauntaun does anything for me except add speed/movement over difficult terrain.  A landspeeder that could "carry" a passenger would be a totally new type of mechanic and would be really useful for rebels.  I do worry about this getting kind of wonky to fit on some of the smaller maps though.  I used a Jabba proxy in a game and promptly put him in a corner where I could not move him out of.