Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

Who is Getting 2 Teros?

I can't decide if I get a second Terro for the Dewback Rider or an X-Wing ship. I only bought one Bantha and I've been fine with it.

I don't see a habitat restriction on this, which is one of the reasons I only bought a single Bantha.

swi35_spread.png

Edited by Boba Rick

I got 2 Bantha's because they're awesome. I ran a dual Bantha list in a friendly Skirmish. I didn't win, but in the beginning when I could trample over everyone was amazing. I'm planning on getting 2 Terro's as well. I'm not sure they will be as fun, but at least I can have a Terro and a standard Dew Back rider.

Buy one, see if you like both enough to buy a second, and buy it then if so?

That's what I'm planning to do.

Also, it's...a little early to ask this question, since we don't know the Dewback Rider's stats yet. ; )

Hahahahahahaha! Are trying to tell a miniatures' gamer to be sensible in how he spends his money?!! Hahahahahahahaha! ;)

Depending on the stats and points cost it may even be worth running 3 .

The Dewback Rider will be less than Teros. So at most 6pts. 

So for 19pts you get 3x 15 health, 3 dice attack creatures with free movement each turn, an extra flamethrower ability and pretty good surge abilities. 

That still leaves you with 21 points which is enough for 2x eStormtrooper, Officer and Upgrade.... so some combination there of. 

Yeah, I can see running three of them actually being feasible especially if they price them at 5-6 points each. I'm guessing 5 cost for 10 health movement 5, a different special action than flamethrower (it looks different and I believe they mentioned shock lances in the article - looks like the card says pick a figure and roll a blue dice, something something darkside...but that's about all I can make out). And still gets 3 movement for free (but maybe 2) every turn.

At that guesstimate it's 13, 10, 10 health for 19 points. 18 points of stormtroopers is 30 health. That's 3 more health, half the attacks but they're all 3 dice attacks. Could be fun.

Plus the more you buy the more feeding frenzy cards you get :)

Does anyone know how much the bantha rider differce for the commander ? 

If it isnt much ill buy just the one.

IA is expensive enough with me buying everything even scenery and painting it all :) 

Boy i love this game :) 

I don't see a habitat restriction on this, which is one of the reasons I only bought a single Bantha.

Sorry for commenting on this, but this reasoning caught my eye. If we go strictly by the rules, in a campaign you couldn't wield two Banthas anyways even if they didn't have that habitat restriction, and in the skirmish habitats don't matter, so it's irrelevant for deciding how many to get.  :rolleyes:

I'm getting one, purely because I only do campaign.

I can definitely see the appeal for multiples if I were to do skirmish though...

There could be the opportunity of using multiples in campaign depending on what is listed in its enclosed pamphlet.  With the Dewback Rider being a non-unique, it could possibly be used in Open Groups for any mission that may include Capt Terro as an Initial or Reserved Group.

Because Captain Terro is associated with Jabba's Realm, there should be tokens and deployment cards for both the Dewback Rider and Captain Terro in there (because there doesn't seem to be a figure for either of them). But a figure is always more intimidating than a token, and much more so in the Dewback's case, so it might become the first pack I get a pair of.

It will be a "wait and see" for me but I will likely end up with two. 

I'm actually more interested in how the riders look and are sculpted as I'm really bummed that none of the existing stormtrooper groups have the shoulder pauldron which is synonymous with the sandtrooper.  I'd like to see if I can easily mod the upper torso onto an existing stormtrooper model to give me a more cohesive looking force if I decide to run a desert planet themed army because I'm not going to buy numerous Somos packs just for that purpose.

I'm actually more interested in how the riders look and are sculpted as I'm really bummed that none of the existing stormtrooper groups have the shoulder pauldron which is synonymous with the sandtrooper.  I'd like to see if I can easily mod the upper torso onto an existing stormtrooper model to give me a more cohesive looking force if I decide to run a desert planet themed army because I'm not going to buy numerous Somos packs just for that purpose.

Kayn Somos has the pauldron.  But no non-unique groups.

I am primarily a campaign player, so I'm coming from that angle.  That is why I only got one bantha rider - the habitat restriction and point really reduces the chance of ever having two of them on a campaign map at once.

This?  Probably not though.  In Jabba's campaign you KNOW there's going to be a time in which Terro is an auto-include in the mission, and if the cost for a normal Dewback is about 7 points then there's a fair chance of having BOTH of them on the table at once.

So, I'm leaning toward two, but I'd really like some more info on it by the 29th (fun money payday).

Kayn Somos has the pauldron.  But no non-unique groups.

True, hence my "not going to buy multiple Somos" to proxy as Sandtroopers remark.

If the extra riders have serviceable upper torsos, I may mod a group of Heavies to be more Sandtrooper-y.

Is that a non-unique skirmish upgrade I Spy?

you talking about feeding frenzy?

I'm probably looking at 3 of them

What's your plan for the 3rd one? (they are elites)

Edited by Hipsu

Is that a non-unique skirmish upgrade I Spy?

Two elites, one unique (Terro).

Two elites, one unique (Terro).

We were talking about Feeding Frenzy, an elite upgrade card.