bulldoguk

Painted miniatures

I'll be the first to say that the MoM minis have always been 'functional' if nothing else but with a bit of slap on they don't look half bad, we aint talking Petersen awesomeness of course but at the very least painting these has possibly put me in the mood to finally crack open that 12 foot pile of boxes with all the Cthulhu Wars KS stuff and give them a little tickle with the hairy stick!

here we go then, MoM 2 minis, haven't bothered with the investigators yet as I have plenty to fill the gaps from 1st ED, likewise the cultists from 1st ED can be used too

Painted yesterday morning for a game last night, the varnish was still tacky! Got to add I am LOVING the app driven mechanics, had 3 or 4 totally entertaining games now :)

MoM%20v2%201_zpsezpcmlsp.jpg

MoM%20v2%202_zpsbuds3leo.jpg

Of course this now brings the total miniature content including the 1st ed stuff to a respectable level

mansions%201_zpsglhx9kzc.jpg

MoM%20Call%20of%20the%20Wild%202_zpsvgin

mansions%202_zpsfuytnmg8.jpg

mansions%203_zpswdxgcvhc.jpg

mansions%2011_zpszz6sfb2o.jpg

MoM%20Call%20of%20the%20Wild%203_zps8cin

mansions%2013_zpsjjpgqzmq.jpg

Awesome job. I don't own the first edition but I bought the second. So far I've painted 3 of the 8 investigators. All the monsters etc. are still yet unpainted. I'm a slow painter and it takes me hours to finish one figure. I suppose I could do it faster by painting more than one figure at a time so I could for example paint the skin and same colored clothing at the same time.

Well, finally finished my second edition investigators. And I just bought the first edition as I know some players who like to play Keeper, Overlord, Imperial etc. in games and beat a group of investigators/heroes. Plus, I really the character customization of the 1st edition.

Anyhow, here are my investigators. Not as pretty as yours bulldoguk, but they'll do for boardgaming. They're easier to differentiate now and that's enough for me.

mom2ed_investigators.jpg

Edited by Elrath

Are you guys looking into making any Fire/Darkness, Barricade, Door and Secret Passage 3D tokens for this?

Like how you've done the Imperial Assault line. I was thinking how this game could benefit with just those small upgrades as the others tokens work just fine by themselves.

Cheers!

Wow! Beautiful work everyone. Definitely an inspiration for me.

I just started work on my figures last night. Interesting that the strap for Agatha's Optical device is sculpted. but the device isn't. I guess the expectation is to just paint it on (Like Prince Vigo's Carpathian kitten :D)

Any chance you guys want to make some tutorial videos ala Sorastro? I would never expect that level of quality for production anywhere else, but a few general tips would be great :D

Could beg Sorastro to do a Mansions of Maddness video like he did for Zombicide. I've never Patreoned anyone before but real tempted in his case. Amazing work.

Any chance you guys want to make some tutorial videos ala Sorastro? I would never expect that level of quality for production anywhere else, but a few general tips would be great :D

Could beg Sorastro to do a Mansions of Maddness video like he did for Zombicide. I've never Patreoned anyone before but real tempted in his case. Amazing work.

I posted this in another thread, but it would be great if someone did a "paint by example" tutorial.  As a new painter, don't own anything yet, it would be great to practice along with an experienced person using a color scheme and 3rd party mini of their choice (don't want to ruin a MoM figure since you can't buy them separate).

This is probably the best youtube channel for how to paint miniatures. Note, the man is a master painter so check your expectations when you sit down to paint. He also does an excellent job at making videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu5Pmz1wY-NWCYy21vikKAg

The imperial assault figures he paints can be had for cheap. A pack of stormtroopers gives 3 models which aren't overly complicated. You will get a bit of sticker shock when you go to buy the paint and brushes. You don't need an airbrush. There are other youtube channels which give advice on brushes and paints, etc., but for how to go about painting something, you want to watch Sorastro's.

I am actually a patreon supporter of Sorastro, I had never painted a mini before in my life but now have great table top quality figures for my Imperial Assault games. His attention to detail and his patreons is amazing, answers every question. I have already asked him about MoM and he responded that his plate was quite full which is understandable, so unfortunately I don't expect to see his tutorials any time soon. But I figure the deeper I get into IA the better I will get and perhaps I can tackle some on my own.

I highly, highly recommend his videos though, amazing quality and work. He often offers variations or ways to make it cheaper etc.. which helps out as well if you are just starting out and don't want to drop 100's of dollars up front.

Edited by FrogTrigger

I've learned to paint by watching Sorastro's videos and I can recommend them. I watch them all despite the game they're intended on (though I do play/own/paint Imperial Assault). Many of the "recipes" are useful when painting other figures that use similar colors.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to "fix" the monsters on their bases, but still be able to swap out their tokens. If I want to play a First Edition session, I would need to swap those out.
Problem is that I find the pegs on the monsters quite often to not fit nicely, so I would in principle like to glue them to a base, and still allow for token swapping.

Of course fixing monsters to their bases leads to storage / transportation challenges...