Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird888

Peril on Naboo [IC]

Massan tries to make himself comfortable in the back of the speeder, looking out the window. "We still have to get the spare parts we need. Without them we are not going anywhere. And then we'll have to get past the Krath, out of the city. So we are nowhere near being safe."

He looks out the window. "We need a mechanic's shop or a scrapyard to find the parts." He looks at the Naboo officer. "Do you know where we could find parts anywhere in this area? Oh, and my name is Massan, by the way."

You fire the engines of the speeder van up and move out. The once busy streets are mercifully empty, but you still have to navigate through Theed.

After a few minutes, though, you cross a small waterway and you spot it: what must be a Krath soldier riding an upright hoverbike swings out from around a corner behind you and starts to pursue.

Assuming both vehicles are at speed 2, initiate a chase competitive check. Difficulty is Average + 1 Setback. Just roll ability, and I will roll the difficulty, because it is competitive. The adversary is at long personal range.

Edited by Blackbird888

Kanti scowled at the controls, "She looks like a crate, but she handles like a boulder," she muttered to no one. Where was the excitemen? Where was the thrill?

Finally she sets her eyes ahead on movement. Perhaps this might be too much excitement for what the humble van could cope with, but only one way to find out. "Everyone hold onto your butts!" she called back as she stomped down on the accellerator.

Massan makes a little whining sound. "Do you think this one knows we killed those soldiers? If not, should we just stop? Surely they are not trying to stop civilians from fleeing, right? Aw, crap, they wouldn't just pursue us without knowing we did something wrong, would they? I bet he'll call for reinforcements soon."

The pudgy Klatooinian sniffles. "Hey Dubi, do you think you could hit him at this range with your ... gun-thing? I'm pretty sure I'll not hit him with a pistol at this range, especially at this speed."

"I... I could try"

Dubi picked up his gun and took aim at the pursuing vehicle, with a crack he saw the slug fly towards the pilot and hit home. In the excitement he couldn't quite work out the damage caused but he was sure his allies would be impressed with his assistance, there might even be food in it as a reward for that shot.

Edited by lanky316

Drask grabbed onto his seat as Kanti hit the pedal to the metal, so to speak. Drask hated this. On foot he could do something about this Krath. He beat them back once and he'd do it again. Happily!!!! But now the Nikto felt useless as his friend attempted to lose their tail.