Specifically for if you start the Mythos Phase by mistake and an Investigator still had an action requiring app interaction.

Sometimes you can fiddle it, but when the action would have been an attack a monster and the attack could possibly kill the monster, it gets messy.  

Good point yes, would be useful.

Ive also had to backtrack the message log to re-read a monsters action and realised the message log doesnt feature the icon differentiating the multiples of monsters thus not a full log of info, but thats still my own fault for missing the thing in the first place.

So yes agreed, "Undo" would be quite a bonus.

The only issue I have with an "undo" feature is the potential of people abusing it to rewind a poor choice.

Yeah, yeah.. full co-op, your game, play it how you want, don't play with jerks, etc... but that's kind of the only rationale I can think of for why an undo wasn't included.

Personally, I could've used the rewind a couple times when we clicked through things too quickly.

I accidentally pressed confirm on a skill check instead of the + to increase the roll - so yes, undo would be useful.

Could it be exploited to cheat? Absolutely. But you could cheat any number of ways, and inadvertently pressing the wrong button is a problem that exists solely because the game uses an app.

OMG YAAAASSSSSS!!!

We played our first game of MoM2 tonight, and there were several situations where ppl got skipped or left behind because we started the mythos phase too early.

I accidentally pressed confirm on a skill check instead of the + to increase the roll - so yes, undo would be useful.

Could it be exploited to cheat? Absolutely. But you could cheat any number of ways, and inadvertently pressing the wrong button is a problem that exists solely because the game uses an app.

Worse than actually clicking confirm - I accidentally clicked next to the + button, and any clicks on the screen itself seem to register as clicks on the Confirm button even though it was nowhere near...   I really wish I had an undo there, because in that particular situation the app didn't allow me to do it again.

A middle way would be to root out the most common causes for mistakes, ie. ambigous interfacing and some click/touch areas being too small. I work with touch interfacing and can can attest to it being a very common user problem. Not saying it should be either or. But it can certainly help. The way i do this in my line of work is observing new users in a 'natural environment', ie. a museum exhibition for example. In this case, a genuine game session or game convent. Informing the participants that they're there to test the quality of the interface usually ruins the observation. 

I don't think cheating would be an issue here. In a game like this, whoever is willing to cheat can simply tell the app they rolled a higher number of successes in any test, ignore the Horror cards to take, unlimited puzzle moves and so on so forth.

An Undo button can even help people follow the rules more closely, correcting mistakes and ensuring the game is played as it's supposed to.

The app just received an update on Jan 31st, hopefully this could be considered for the next one?

I agree that an undo function would be great. Especially in regards the early activation of the Mythos Phase. Even if you try to skip forward to the next Investigator Phase to let a missed player take their turn it forces the game round forward as well.  This as we all know can make the game harder since later rounds tend to see more summons and increased difficulty in the game.

An undo function would not be so much as 'great', it's simply a necessity. People do tend to make mistakes when clicking or pushing buttons on computers and if it happens in a game like this, it kills the fun, outright. There's no point talking about cheating as this is a board game we're talking about and in board games, playing coop or solo, you can cheat all you want. It'll always be a willing decision by you or your group. 

To help keep people honest, have the game warn you to verify the undo and display the number of undos used for that misssion. While people may casually use that do-over to avoid a bad situation, most don't want to feel judged for it. The little nagging counter is a good mental barrier to make people think twice.