Sign in to follow this  
thestggrwng

Rage! The card, not toward FFG

In most every way, PTL is better. The obvious answer is tycho who ignores the stress and keyan who can use one of the stress as a focus and pair that with Jan crew to turn the focused gained into an evade. Course the problem with these is tycho, is the second best a wing and rage competes with VI. and keyan is too slow in a B wing.

The one advantage rage has is the 3 die rerolls for all attacks that round. So anything making 2 attacks gets the most advantage out of it. BTL Y's don't have the ept and can't reliably remove stress enough. Corran? Gets really the same thing with FCS without the stress and gives you more options on when to trigger Corran's ability.

Which brings me to my combination. Gunner, kyle, and rage. If you rage every other round, you'll get dual focus and rerolls on both primary and gunner shot. Helps the big problem turrets have on rolling full with both shots into a super evadey palp aces list. Add another ship with wingman and kanaan, and you can rage every round and have three focuses for attack and defense.

Edited by thestggrwng

Psycho Tyco isn't really that scary because you can take him out before he gets in range one, without the token stack PTL gives he won't stay around long.

Psha! 

It's not about whether he's scary or effective, it's about how many stress tokens you can stack in a single game.

Tyco is really only dangerous when you play him in a fashion that he could end up at zero stress at some point. Whenever people have tried the "I'm gonna need a d20 too keep track of stress" game with him, he's never been a threat. Once Tyco gets more than 2 stress on him, as the opponent I know he will never K-turn for the rest of the game. And when you fly Imperial, an A-Wing that can't turn around just isn't a threat, just get behind him and stay there shooting at him until he's dead.

And without PTL to token stack, he Tyco doesn't last long.

Psycho Tyco isn't really that scary because you can take him out before he gets in range one, without the token stack PTL gives he won't stay around long.

agreed though pairing rage with PTL on an A-wing does give him a great action economy and an evade or boost paired with focus target lock.

cheap, works on multiple attacks; can abuse with e-baffle

gee, it's almost as if they made a specific pilot that can abuse this particular card

Swx54-quickdraw.png

Not sure if I would say abuse because he would only get Rage's effect every other round and if you are spending the evade on rounds you are stressed, you won't have the action economy to regenerate them.  

But surely you would just run him with PTL and if you really wanted to show off use EI as well.

Boost - EI for rage (effectively a TL with a focus) - PTL for an evade or another focus. 4 stress but he won't care

But surely you would just run him with PTL and if you really wanted to show off use EI as well.

Boost - EI for rage (effectively a TL with a focus) - PTL for an evade or another focus. 4 stress but he won't care

Honestly, I would get more effect out of auto thrusters than EI.  

Honestly, I would get more effect out of auto thrusters than EI.  

So would I and it's what I prefer. Was just an extreme example really

gee, it's almost as if they made a specific pilot that can abuse this particular card

Swx54-quickdraw.png

Not sure if I would say abuse because he would only get Rage's effect every other round and if you are spending the evade on rounds you are stressed, you won't have the action economy to regenerate them.  

Well, you Rage, then E-baffle to get rid of one stess and the next turn you do a green and there goes the other stress. You don't really lose a turn, unless you mean SF's greens are useless  so you lose a turn repositioning anyway.

You can always e-baffle twice though if you don't like your pilot ability. :D

Swx54-quickdraw.png

Um, I think you missed ficklegreendice's point:

- Perform your manoeuver, use rage (gain 2 stress), use electronic baffle to remove 1 stress, getting 1 damage which allows you to use Quickdraw's ability (attack).  Attack again during the combat phase.

- Next round, you only have 1 stress remaining, so perform a green manoeuver and do it again (assuming your opponent did not wack the rest of your shields, of course).

Edited by dotswarlock

Raging TIE swarms with Youngster and Epsilon Leader are also hilarious. Not really competitive in the normal game, but I flew one in an Epic match a few days ago to great effect.

I do Youngster + Rage, Epsilon Leader, and 4 Black Squadron Pilots + Wingman.  You've got to fly tight and close for the stress removal to work (and you'll still end up with two single-stress ships even if you do it all right).  I do okay with it in casual play, but got ripped pretty good in a tournament, first by a Wedge/Biggs/Miranda combo, then by Soontir/Vader/Inquisitor.  But if you can get all six ships Raged and lined up on a 1 or 0 agility big ship?  Oh boy is it pretty.

Swx54-quickdraw.png

- Perform your manoeuver, use rage (gain 2 stress), use electronic baffle to remove 1 stress, getting 1 damage which allows you to use Quickdraw's ability (attack).  Attack again during the combat phase.

- Next round, you only have 1 stress remaining, so perform a green manoeuver and do it again (assuming your opponent did not wack the rest of your shields, of course

So at most I get three uses out of it, assuming I am not shot at at all in these exchanges?  how is that good?

Swx54-quickdraw.png

- Next round, you only have 1 stress remaining, so perform a green manoeuver and do it again (assuming your opponent did not wack the rest of your shields, of course

So at most I get three uses out of it, assuming I am not shot at at all in these exchanges?  how is that good?

Assuming that you have Soontir in Arc and you have the initiative, you get to perform one attack where he has no tokens (not bad).  Against anything with a lower PS, you may end up shooting twice, with rerolls, before they can attack back.  If you managed to get in range 1, that's pretty awesome (2 attacks at 4 attack dice + reroll).

If you somehow manage to miraculously get in range one of two enemies (one in each arc), you could deal out 4 attacks at 3 dice + rerolls before they ever fire back (ok, that one is kind of hoping for a miracle).

Don't worry, it's not my style either, but it's fun to think about :)

Edited by dotswarlock

Swx54-quickdraw.png

Technically, but unlikely, Quickdraw is capable of 4 shots a turn. So in theory you can get use it 12 times. Realistically that would never happen .. but you may get a couple shots off a turn with this.

Edited by Jadotch