Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird888

Peril on Naboo [OOC]

This is the out-of-character discussion thread for the Old Republic-era game, Peril on Naboo. Details incoming.

Players are:

• Kymrel, playing Massan, male Klatooinian Sentinel/Artisan.
  • lanky316, playing Dubi Fandy, Chadra-Fan Soldier/Sharpshooter.
  • jnrschulz, playing Osfmor Novafall, male Naboo Soldier/Commando.
  • Cheeech, playing Kallukorus "Kallu" Zatoq, male Zabrak Hired Gun/Enforcer.
  • Comrade Cosmonaut, playing Kanti Yanaba, female Twi'lek Ace/Hotshot.
  • Kael, playing Drask, males Green Nikto Guardian/Warden.
Edited by Blackbird888

So when I post on the IC thread, I'll post normally, then place any applicable OOC stuff in quote bubbles at the bottom,

like so. Indicators might be " everybody make a hard Cool check" or "all skill checks add 2 Setback due to X" and so on.

That way we can all follow along and hopefully nothing will be overlooked when switching between two threads.

Likewise, if you make an IC post and want to make a skill check or perform some other thing, indicate you what it is at the bottom of the post, preferably in (parentheses). That way I hopefully won't miss anything. If you want to separate your IC and OOC with a quote bubble, feel free, but it's not required.

We can go over the specifics of those actions in this thread.

This might be a low blow, but I will be able to finally make a perception check, right?

Also, Kael. I got your PM, but I'm at work now and can't seriously reply until I'm done in a few hours or so. Haven't forgotten about ya, buddy.

Edited by Comrade Cosmonaut

Here's my sheet. I'm still hammering out a few things (need to buy equipment for instance and I'm not sold on the Duty I picked :( ) but overall the basic numbers are there and nothing major will change. I'll draw up a background soon. I want to re read some Krath stuff from that era. I did want some feed back. I'm stuck on Motivation, Drask wan'ts to be the best martial artist there is. Sooooo I've come to two Motivations, either Glory (for obvious reasons) and Artistic Legacy (the logic behind this is that he's intending to leave behind maybe his own martial arts form that he's put together. Kinda like how Bruce Lee evolved Wing Chun into JKD. I would consider that an Artistic Legacy). Can we have two Motivations? Maybe a bit of both could work for the character?

At any rate basic sheet

Also is there a good staff weapon? Or a whip? Also for ranged I'm kinda thinking I want a good slugthrower. So any good picks on that would be appreciated too :D

Edit: Or a collapsible staff. Like I know there isn't one but there are collapsible batons soooo I'd be willing to pay a mod price to have a staff like that.

Drask

Edited by Kael

Just wanted to point out that you can edit the race. Even though Nikto aren't on the list, you can simply select a human and then edit it, writing in the race.

Also, since we are both playing former slaves of a Hutt, we could have the characters be familiar with one another. Either travelling together or simply meeting again on Naboo by the will of the Force?

Massan could, for example, have removed a slave collar (the explosive type) from Drask, allowing him to escape. This could have happened either before Massan was freed or after. Massan was freed legally, that is his bounty hunter buddy was allowed to take Massan as his price, and subsequently freed him. 

Let me know if you want to go down that route or not.

Cool thanks for the tip. I had considered having him break fee during a slave riot that I hadn't gotten on the background. But having someone to turn to to have the collar removed sounds excellent

CC and I were working on a loose connection to so maybe the three know each? That kinda helps build some of the guy for why Baboo matters!

If he's been free for 2+ years that would fit well. Then Massan would still have been a slave when Drask broke free. Massan would have been willing to help the Nikto get rid of the collar, intending to flee with him, but when it came to it he was simply to afraid to run with the escaping slave.

With the Chadra Fan background as being slaves I had thought of him being part of a trade federation party (most likely as some sort of  ships mascot) who picked up a gun and was able to use his survival skills and great perception to protect himself after a run in with some raiders. Eventually he was picked up by X and found himself with the party/recruited alongside the party but I'm not really sure on a lot of the ins and outs just yet. With another slave link there's a way of us all sort of coming together at least!

Also is there a good staff weapon? Or a whip? Also for ranged I'm kinda thinking I want a good slugthrower. So any good picks on that would be appreciated too :D

The gaffi stick seems like a good staff to start with. It's what the Tusken raiders use in the films. 100 credits, brawn+2 damage, crit 3, defensive 1, disorient 3.  And for ranged, are you thinking of a slugthrower rifle or pistol?

Far better than the Training Stick (Skill: Lightsaber, Dmg B+1, crit 5, Accurate 1, Disorient 1, Stun Damage).

The Gaffi stick is more of a Mace though. A cudgel would use the Truncheon-stats, so a plain staff could use those stats (Skill: Melee, Dmg B+2, Crit 5, Disorient 2)

Edited by Kymrel

Hey, jnrschulz, I was browsing through the sheets for the other characters and noticed you have the wrong stats for your blaster pistol. It should be damage 6, critical 3. Unless it's some special blaster pistol that is worse in those ways but still as expensive!

With the Chadra Fan background as being slaves I had thought of him being part of a trade federation party (most likely as some sort of  ships mascot)

Please keep in mind that in this game, set during the Krath Holy Crusade, that the Trade Federation don't exist and the antagonists will be the Krath instead.

Hey, jnrschulz, I was browsing through the sheets for the other characters and noticed you have the wrong stats for your blaster pistol. It should be damage 6, critical 3. Unless it's some special blaster pistol that is worse in those ways but still as expensive!

Thanks. Must of looked at the wrong numbers.

If he's been free for 2+ years that would fit well. Then Massan would still have been a slave when Drask broke free. Massan would have been willing to help the Nikto get rid of the collar, intending to flee with him, but when it came to it he was simply to afraid to run with the escaping slave.

He's been free for a few years though I haven't nailed down how many. I picture him breaking away during a confrontation with one of Gruda's rivals. Perhaps he had been taken off world for a fight but the fight was a set up for a hit and in the ensuing chaos he saw his chance to get free and took it. So yeah he'd have to find someone to remove the slave collar. After that he could have meet Kanti!!! Looks like like half the group knows itself already. :)

The gaffi stick seems like a good staff to start with. It's what the Tusken raiders use in the films. 100 credits, brawn+2 damage, crit 3, defensive 1, disorient 3.  And for ranged, are you thinking of a slugthrower rifle or pistol?

I was thinking pistol. Ranged weapons aren't his stick but I wanted him to have an option for it and I think a slugthrower adds a bit of flavor for when he needs to fire at someone. 

The Gaffi stick is more of a Mace though. A cudgel would use the Truncheon-stats, so a plain staff could use those stats (Skill: Melee, Dmg B+2, Crit 5, Disorient 2)

That sounds fair. What would the cost on such a weapon be? And if I wanted it to be collapsible (think Gambit's bo staff or the Minbari fighting pike from B5) how much would you say that would be or a mode to get a staff like that would go for? 

I almost went with being an escaped slave too, but didn't want to hold up the Twi'lek stereotype. 

We could all be escaped slaves!!!!!!

Though .... I do have to say .... with the number of PC's who have suffered at the hands of slavery I think it's good that Cheeech went with the Zabrak over the Hutt.

We could all be escaped slaves!!!!!!

Though .... I do have to say .... with the number of PC's who have suffered at the hands of slavery I think it's good that Cheeech went with the Zabrak over the Hutt.

Well, yes. And we could, sure... but the implications for a female Twi'lek slave...

Yeeaaah, naaah.

I was gonna fix the quote tags but... nah.

Edited by Comrade Cosmonaut

Kallukorus is good to go. Does anyone want to add in a backstory-link to him (it's fine if not)? He's a career criminal, so could have worked with any of you who've been doing illegal work to pay their way

Everybody should roll for Destiny Points.

f-ls-ls.png

Things everybody automatically knows:

• Theed is not a walled city, so getting out of the city is as easy as finding a road and following it out. Unfortunately, the Krath know this as well, and will be working quickly to encircle the city. Trying to get out on foot will probably give them enough time to finish.
  • The attack seems to be originating in a general eastward direction, probably following the Main Boulevard into the city towards the Palace. The bulk of the fighting will take place along that route, most likely. The Crescent is south, in the Great Grass Plains. Your location is approximately central-south (more central than south).

For Osfmor, as it wouldn't make sense for him to be leaving planet, he would likely be in the city, and meet up with the group around the time of the attack (or just be in the same area).

• Osfmor also knows that citywide communications have been jammed. Any communications devices will only work on personal, very short range frequencies, and will quickly break down beyond certain distances.
  • Several official, royal transports made attempts to get off the planet recently. The success of those is unknown.

Destiny roll: 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

Everybody make an average Fear check due to the suddenness of the attack. Pleas see the OOC post for a few extra details on what you already should know.

You are a bad, bad man...

Fear check: 1eA+2eD 2 failures
a-a-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-th-th.png

Sort of fits the character to have Massan start the game scared witless...