Sign in to follow this  
figarojones

Some thoughts about Daedalus and the new board

As far as I am aware, FFG has proclaimed that they are not going to follow suit with TOY and reprint the map from the base game on the opposing side. I had this thought, though. Why not do as TOY did, & when they release Tannhauser 2.0, they have a completely new board in that. They then offer an upgrade pack (ALA their Talisman reprint) with the new board they released with the base game, the new rules in print form, and any new components they introduce (if there are any).

They could even offer a discount if someone were to trade in the board they had from 1.0 (You print a coupon off the website, and you can bring the board into a local game store and get $10-$20 off). That way, you don't have a repetitious map.

Just  a thought I was having.

The Butcher said:

I think a new map on the back side of the Daedalus map would be awesome.

It's what is planned. The Gevaudan Outpost map layout which won last year FFG pathfinding contest will be printed on the back of the Daedalus map.

The reason Take On You did reprint the base set maps on the backside of Novgorod and Daedalus was to give to  the French players who bought the very first version of the game a better map. In fact in the the first release of the base set the map was not foldable but in four sections which had a bad habit to buckle up. Since the English version started with the foldable map there is no real need of re-releasing the map.

If someone know, that dedalus with two maps will be available in Poland, Dedalus map is one of the best and outpost look great, it is sad for me if Daedalus will not come out  in Poland :(

FFG said that they  will add new scenarios in addition to those translated from the French version. At this I would just be ahppy if FFG made any announcement about the game...