Sign in to follow this  
Swusn

New 6x3 playmat

I know with 100% confidence that FFG will announce a new 6x3 playmat in the next few weeks. How do I know this? Because I was waiting them to announce one instead buying 2 X-wing playmats. I got sick of waiting and purchased 2 X-wing playmats that should arrive next week.

If my past life experiences have taught me anything it is that a 6x3 playmat will be announced the day after my mats arrive. (your welcome to everyone else that is waiting). I do have one request though FFG. When you announce it, please use this image:

OqBMGRf.png

I know with 100% confidence that FFG will announce a new 6x3 playmat in the next few weeks. How do I know this? Because I was waiting them to announce one instead buying 2 X-wing playmats. I got sick of waiting and purchased 2 X-wing playmats that should arrive next week.

If my past life experiences have taught me anything it is that a 6x3 playmat will be announced the day after my mats arrive. (your welcome to everyone else that is waiting). I do have one request though FFG. When you announce it, please use this image:

OqBMGRf.png

Could be the missing SKU

The fact the the death star is "upside down" bugs me though, haha. I know it's all relative in space, but still!!!

Well, if it was a may, you could turn it around.

Yes, but the perspective is still that the death star is either nearly under the planet and we are looking "up" at it or is actually orientated "upside down" over the planet. It just feels off to me from a visual standpoint.

OqBMGRf.png

That.  Is gorgeous.

I needs it.

The fact the the death star is "upside down" bugs me though, haha. I know it's all relative in space, but still!!!

Well, if it was a may, you could turn it around.

Yes, but the perspective is still that the death star is either nearly under the planet and we are looking "up" at it or is actually orientated "upside down" over the planet. It just feels off to me from a visual standpoint.

It feels off because it is simply trying to be different for the sake of being different. We usually see the Death Star with the dish "up." So they're going to point it "down" because it is "new." it is a very "look how clever we are" pat themselves on the back moment from the film-makers.

Edited by Frimmel

Just play on the other side of the map?

Edit, ok so everyone else already said that :(

Edited by Swusn

Just play on the other side of the map?

Edit, ok so everyone else already said that :(

And as I pointed out, when looking at it upside down you have a very awkward viewing angle, like you are on a plane at an obtuse angle away from it. The picture is stunning, but I still don't care for it personally.

Edited by JJs Juggernaut

Buy a black extra wide yoga mat, then print out a big 3'x3' of the wireframe Death Star from A New Hope. Use some kind of jig and a white sharpie to put that on your mat. Boom. You now have an epic, unique 3x6 mat that holds minis much more securely than an FFG mat.

I'm sorry but this popped into my head while reading that.

https://youtu.be/xRxqY4wuTHw?t=57s

It's not upside down if it's aimed at the planet...which I'm betting it is. I have reason to believe they shoot it at the planet (perhaps not at full strength...) at some point.

(besides, as you obviously acknowledge, there is no up or down in space)