Sign in to follow this  
Purtzi

Just a little suggestion for the app UI

Heya.

First of all let me just say fantastic work on the second edition. Love how easy it is to setup and get to play.

I just have a little gripe about the text layouts and how they get a bit too cluttered when reading. Especially when you need to find keywords and what to test and what are the conditions of the results.

Now I'm not saying this would be the most ideal suggestion but something in the lines for you guys to think of how to improve the layout a bit so it becomes more readable and easier to spot what the players should look for.

Original:monster_attacks.png

Suggestion:

monster_attacks_edit.png

While for me I do not find this to be a problem in the first place, I do think your suggested layout is much clearer and very well presented, well done.

So I think gret suggestion.

But..

If I have to chose what FFG spend their money on in this development, I wuld vote for more scenarios over interface tweaking.

Ideally both would be great :D

I like this layout but have an alternative in mind.  I would love to see the Pass and Fail conditions hidden.  What I envision is to replace the Continue Button with 2 separate buttons, one for Pass and another for Fail.  The player clicks either Pass or Fail and then sees the results.

Edited by TheWanderingMiller

I know it would increase the app size and not everyone would like it but having the narrator read all the text would be great. There is also times when I have accidentally passed a monster attack or horror check. Being able to head back to that point would be helpful.