Sign in to follow this  
Captain Gideon

My Labor Day Convention Armada game need suggestions

Okay I'm getting things worked for my Armada game using the Super Star Destroyer.

So far here's what my friends and I have figured out for the opposing forces:

IMPERIAL

SUPERSTAR DESTROYER

IMPERIAL II CLASS STAR DESTROYER

VICTORY II CLASS STAR DESTROYER x2

LANCER FRIGATE-1

SQUADRONS

TIE FIGHTER x8

TIE BOMBER x4

TIE INTERCEPTOR x3

ADVANCED TIE x2

REBEL

MC80 COMMAND CRUISER-1

VICTORY CLASS I STAR DESTROYER-1

LIBERTY STAR CRUISER-1

INTERDICTOR-1

QUASAR FIRE CARRIER-1

ASSAULT FRIGATE 2A x2

MC 30-1

NEBULON B FRIGATE-1

SQUADRONS

A-WING x4

Y-WING x3

B-WING x6

X-WING x7

Now I'm still tweeking it with upgrade cards etc but looking at above forces do the Rebels have enough to take out the Super Star Destroyer or do I need to add some more ships to their side?

The mission for the Imperial's is to try and jump out of the system so they must deal with the Quasar Fire Carrier and I need to point out that the Interdictor with the Carrier are on the other side of the battle area which is on the other side of the Imperial Forces.

So any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Michael

We have toyed with the idea of hyperspace jumps in a theoretical arena here locally. One idea we had was that based on the ship base class the contoling player would have 1-3 turns of "hyperspace calculations" prior to leaving. The idea was that a large base ship would need 3 turns to calculate the jump. The calculation must be announced and once the announcement is made the ship begins the "count down". When the ship finished calculations at the end of the defined number of rounds it then jumps. This might work with the scenario you are proposing since it would seem that the standard 6 rounds might be set aside for the size of the fleets you will have.

You could make it so that ships within the gravitational sphere of the Interdictor cannot calculate till the ship is destroyed.

On the superstar destroyer - perhaps. I think two more liberty's for the Rebs and another imperial for the sake of having ISD's on the table.

The Liberty I have right now is the one I got from Shapeways but I have a Liberty from FFG on it's way but I can't afford a third Liberty right now but I could add in a 2nd Home One.

I do have a second Imperial SD so this is an idea.

After some thinking with my friends I've decided to add a second Liberty to the game.

I think the main problem might be how many players I'll get for the game because that might decide what the final forces will be for the game.

Any other ideas please post here.

Michael

Well today is the day that my Armada game takes place with the Super Star Destroyer I'm getting ready to leave in the next hour or so it's 6:15am here and I did'nt get a lot of sleep but I have high hopes for my game.

I'll let you know how it went.

And I'll be taking pictures and I do want to post them here but I don't know how so please someone help me out with that.

I'll be back on Monday so I'll post back at that time.

Michael

Well the weekend was fine(more or less)and my game went off without a hitch.

I didn't have as many players as I wanted but I had enough and the ones who played had a very good time.

Anyway there were good and bad moments for both sides one for the Rebels where a mix of ships and squadrons attacked the Imperial II Star Destroyer and took it out and then there was the SSD going after a Liberty and blew it away in one turn,it should be noted that the Liberty was in 2 firing arcs of the SSD and it was not pretty.

The Imperials won the day and the game which I'll explain more later but the main thing was all the great comments for my SSD and some of the questions were where did I get it and how much it was so I them that I got it from Shapeways and that Mel's Miniatures made it.

After thinking about it I want to do the game again at another convention maybe next year but not certain right now.

My friend and I took a good number of pictures and I would like to share them with you but I don't know how to add pictures here so I really need some help on that front.

Michael

Give us those pictures! Love to see the SSD in action. Glad you had a good game.

Here is probably the easiest way to get a lot of pictures up fast.

Postimage.com -> resize for message boards -> upload -> copy direct link -> paste the link into a post using the small Polaroid icon in the menu.