Sign in to follow this  
Nors

I am the only one considering/planning to collect ALL factions?

There is a lot of talk about "How to collect a single faction". Am I the only one considering to collect all the factions?

I would love to play this like Battlelore, when a friend comes by I can ask "Do you want to try Runewars?", followed by "What army do you want?". Then use 20 minutes to explain rules and start playing!

I dreamed of doing something like this back in my WH40K days, but the rules and pricepoint made it impossible.

Maybe I am just crazy....?

It's just a cost thing.  Collecting everything for say 6 factions will cost a LOT.  Now, you can collect a little bit for all 6 and it's probably not so bad.  You'd have like one main faction and then maybe enough to scrape together a casual level army for most or all of the others perhaps?

Most people that play tabletop minis games have at least a starter of a second faction (or more) in order to be able to teach new players.

I would like to see models and playstyle info for all sides before choosing.  Not sure if that's possible though if they plan to launch with just two.  I'm also concerned about equal releases, usually if a faction launches later they never really catch up on number of expansions.  It always sucks playing the new guys and everyone else has a bunch more cool toys than you do.

If I'm stuck between the initial two I'll take undead because anything is better than the generic boring humans.  The carrion worm thing does look fairly cool.

If i buy into it i will buy the core and won't sell anything but i will play undead and for mroe factions well i don't know anything about Runewars so we will see.

I like dwarfs though but i will play anything that looks good and has a backstory i like.

Whatever game I get into, I usually want to get everything for every faction and every expansion. Unfortunately, most of the time that's not feasible since I suffer from the predicament of having to eat in order to not die.

It's a medical thing, they can't seem to find a cure.

Edited by Don_Silvarro

Whatever game I get into, I usually want to get everything for every faction and every expansion. Unfortunately, most of the time that's not feasible since I suffer from the predicament of having to eat in order to not die.

It's a medical thing, they can't seem to find a cure.

Try becoming a lich or some other kind of undead, or if it is about money (which of course can be a issue) we could something like a Don_Silvarros eleven, i would totally join you in that ;) Always wanted to go to Vegas

Or you could try to eat that plastic/metal/resin or whatever.

Edited by Iceeagle85

They did a decent job of catching the undead up in Battlelore 2ed when they released them

Well, that wasn't exactly difficult given how few and far between the releases were.

I don't know if I'd collect one faction or two, but in minis games I always get at least a token sized force of a second faction for demoing.  The core set will probably take care of that need already though :)

The core set will probably take care of that need already though :)

If (who am I kidding by saying if?) When I get the core set I could see collecting enough for a full human army and keep the undead for demos and such.  I've never been a huge fan of undead astically so I can't see collecting a lot since I'd have to paint them and all...

And I simply can't play an army I haven't painted, or at least am working on and have most stuff painted.

I could see picking up 200 points of a 3rd faction if one comes out I like the looks of, like say Orc's or maybe Elves... But even then I don't know I'll get into this game quite as much as X-Wing, but that depends on who I have to play with and how often we play.

For me it would just be cool to collect and (in time) paint all armies. I do not expect to meet with people who has an army (or the game), so I will likely provide everything by myself.

For me this could be another 'boardgame' like "BattleLore on streriods"  :D

Assuming that the prices wont be like Warhammer miniatures...

I might get into the game if orcs enter it. I absolutely love Runebound Orcs.

What's the cool thing about Runebound orcs?

The orcs aren't actually evil, they are more neutral for one. Two, they have this really cool spirit connection dealio going on. Three, Giant Troll. nuff said.

Well, to be fair, I can't think of 100% evil orc species in any prominent fantasy IPs outside Middle-Earth and Warhammer these days. Warcraft, The Dark Eye, Might & Magic and even Dungons & Dragons have all turned them into nuanced - predominantly barbarian - people as well.

My guesstimate is they will release expansion boxes to round out the starter armies first, and then release a larger set to expand into new forces -- somewhat how they do with LCG's like conquest, that got a full box set for Tyranids after so many others from the core set were flushed out.

I am an all or naught completist at heart, so there's basically four ways I can roll:

• Buy everything
  • Buy nothing
  • Buy only the core set/base game
  • Determine a subset of products and stay completist within those constraints (e.g. OT and EU for SW, big box expansions for Descent and Netrunner, one or two factions in wargames)

FFG's usually rather brisk release schedule is kind of a problem in more ways than one, but obviously it makes them money, so who am I to fault them for that? Means that I'm buying less than I would at a slower pace, however. I'm pretty sure I'd love to get all of RuneWars, but I seriously doubt I could afford it.

If it wasn't for money, I'd be down, considering it sounds like the standard game is fairly small (2 starter boxes = 1 full standard pt army or close to it).  But even then, that's $ I don't NEED to spend.  

I'll probably stick w/ my 1 half of 2 starters and then get 1 extra expansion army down the line.  Leaning towards Orcs or Dwarfs, if they ever come.