ficklegreendice

Arcsarcsarcsarcsarcs.... ARCS!

Gencon caddie came through and they're absolutely goddamn gorgeous

13938072_10157235530415142_3326205025414

Just remember to keep the plastic they cone with. The sfoils bend like they're daring you to break em and the guns look like they snap off if you look at them wrong

But they are gorgeous and, just like the K, in DIRE need of magnetization

13958255_10157235530485142_7494498797355

Pics to come once I get to a proper computer

As for game play..nothing definite yet but noticed a few things

Thane + Norra (and Biggs I guess) hit freaking HARD esp because thane has chipped plasma torps

Alliance Overhaul + Tail gunner is a goddamn godsend against EVERYTHING from Rau to Z-95s. Can't hit a **** thing without em.

9 health, 1 agility still drops like a goddamn brick when Biggs dies. R2d2 helps a lot, but they still evaporate before your eyes if you dont play well

Finally, the aux arc DEFINES the ship. In these first 3 games they've never k turned. Thane especially trundles in for a joust and then keeps going forward, but very VERY slowly to maintain range

13923506_10157235530295142_4311002046180

13925490_10157235530335142_2433963598373

More to come. Love em so far, but the potential for a bout of bad dice to utterly rob games from you is absolutely there

Edited by ficklegreendice

The Arc seems promising in a duo along with sacrificial Biggs dying as he does best, but might buy one to see how it is, if it's worth to shell out more money for another. Can't wait to try out that aux firing ARC (haha), but the tie sf is a definite get for me in casual play, Quickdraw's double tap will be fun.

the only disservice is the player having to keep dismounting the dang model whenever they fly two of them closer than 1.5 small base lengths away from each other

and then said dismounting ripping off the connecting peg the **** day I opened the **** thing

yeah, they're getting magnetized

Kwing to scale?

maybe I'll grab a pic on thursday

they're about the same size, but the K is slightly larger in span

Edited by ficklegreendice

Love those pics..Thanks for posting these Fickle!!  

Wave 9 is truely a thing of beauty. I see you got yourself a Fang fighter as well, perhaps we could pursuade you to post some more pictures but with the rest of the ships as the center piece? Would love that.  

What have  been the most useful ARC builds btw?

I haven't got my hands on mine yet but looking at theory-crafting, a few ideas spring to mind.

Braylen Stramm with his stress-shedding mechanic looks like a nice cheap pilot. Combine him with R3-A2 and a Gunner or tactician and you can put lots of stress on a target. Your 6 greens will help you shift stress and your special rule will give you a 50% chance of shifting a second or or de-stressing even when you cannot pull a green. Might work well with Sabine's Masterpiece and BMST.

Thane is an interesting pilot but I have not come up with any good ideas for using him. Free Actions are good but his are slightly situational to trigger. His only actions are Focus and Target lock, he also has no EPT slot. This suggests Modifications that add actions like EU or Vectored Thrusters might be useful on him. Lando as crew could be really funny as well.

Shara Bey looks on paper like the half-sister of Esege Tuketu and we know how often he shows up. :( Weapons Engineer is an obvious pick for crew and/or Targetting Astromech. Could make a useful wingman for ships with Homing Missiles as they can use the TLs without actually having to spend them.

Norah Wexley of course is probably Shara's BFF and the 2 make a natural pairing. Rec Spec is a good choice to ensure a ready supply of Focus Tokens.

A funny combo for ARC may be:

Biggs

Thane + R7-T1, Advanced Proton Torpedoes

You need to stay in mid range 2 with Thane and get focus, enemy targets Biggs so Thane gets his TL and boost into R1 and boom. It seems not so hart to pull off.