The company which distributes the game to my FLGS just put up their releases for next week and it says that The Mumakil drops on the second in the UK. Since the UK is normally a week behind the US for FFG releases it could be out this week in the US.

Edited by silverthorn
I added more information.

9 hours ago, Yepesnopes said:

What do you think of this ally?

Firyal.jpg

I find her awesome. She is so much going into my Elrond-vilya deck! For solo you may even get rid of any copies of Test of Will.

I'm super excited about playing her. I love playing mono-lore where her cost would not be so bad. And in solo it basically means you never have to face the worst cards in the encounter deck.

30 minutes ago, Seastan said:

I'm super excited about playing her. I love playing mono-lore where her cost would not be so bad. And in solo it basically means you never have to face the worst cards in the encounter deck.

...unless there are two sleeping sentries stacked in a row :D

I'm disappointed by Dwarf pipe.  Spices up the mining deck a little bit, but not in a significant way.  I was also hoping it would synergize with Hobbit Pipe, but I'm not seeing any potential there.

I also like the Dunedain ally.  Simple effect and synergizes nicely with the Dunedain archtype.

Edited by Teamjimby

I dunno, I'm kind of excited about recycling Hidden Cache reliably. Combined with some effect that shuffles your deck it could be pretty exciting.

So do we have enough Harad allies to make Kahliel worth it yet? His ability is very ally-focused, but we only have 3 unique Harad allies so far so I'm not sure he's actually ready to pull his own weight yet.

Edited by Authraw

I was expecting this pack to be Harad-in-a-box like Steward's Fear, but with just the three we have the spoiled cost-reducer may still come in handy.

I don't think we have enough to have a "Harad deck" per-se, but the few Harad allies we have are certainly powerful.  While they're all unique, with Khaliel's ability that's not a terrible problem.  Firyal in particular will be awesome in solo one-handed.

6 minutes ago, dalestephenson said:

I was expecting this pack to be Harad-in-a-box like Steward's Fear, but with just the three we have the spoiled cost-reducer may still come in handy.

I don't think we have enough to have a "Harad deck" per-se, but the few Harad allies we have are certainly powerful.  While they're all unique, with Khaliel's ability that's not a terrible problem.  Firyal in particular will be awesome in solo one-handed.

I have no doubt that the allies in this pack will be useful immediately, they're awesome! I'm just not so sure about Kahliel and his headdress... Why choose him over, say, Faramir and Visionary Leadership?

Without more Harad allies, I'm not sure he's a great choice right now.

More Harad allies will certainly help Khaliel, and the headdress is expensive too.  I'd rate LeFaramir as the more powerful hero.  However, if we posit a deck that has the three unique Harad allies and no questing Gondor allies, Khamiliel has a few advantages over LeFaramir:

1) The 3-cost for the headdress is comparable cost to 2-cost-plus-resource-in-hand for Visionary Leadership, and it'll boost Khaliel and Firyal, not just Faramir.  It also lets Khaliel recycle his discarded allies.

2) Khaliels discard ability lets you do 3x for the Harad allies without them clogging your hand

3) Khaliel can help pay for those three allies.  Faramir can't.

4) Khaliel's readying ability is more costly to ready, but has two important advantages -- he can do it *during* the combat phase, and he can use it to ready himself.  There are allies that benefit tremendously from Faramir's readying ability, but I don't think the three Haradrim really do, given the timing.

5) Khaliel can play with ally Faramir, who rocks.

In short, I think Khaliel is better than Faramir for working with the Harad allies, and he's one threat cost cheaper to boot.  The problem of course is that with few Haradrim, you'll probably want some other allies as well, and LeFaramir can ready any of *them* as well.  OTOH, if it's a low-character hero-based build, maybe Khaliel's already the best fit for that deck.

At this point, I don't think Khaliel is a great hero and maybe not a good one, but I think the few Haradrim are good enough that he's at least a playable hero.  He'll get better with more Haradrim -- if there's enough Haradrim by the end of the cycle to make an actual "Harad deck", he'll be a staple for that type.  We know one more is coming, but that may not be enough.

I do think an Elrond/Khaliel/three-Haradrim strider build might be interesting :)

I'm sure he'll be the only Harad hero (otherwise the headdress wouldn't have his name on it) and I'd be surprised if there were any more Harad allies after this cycle is done.  The question is how many unspoiled Harad allies are still coming this cycle.  Could be as few as zero.

Oh I somehow missed that Kahliel can ready himself, that does up his usefulness a bit more. Still not convinced about him, but I think I'll give him a try and find out.

Here's to hoping we get some more Harad allies in the other packs though.

Yeah fairly unenthused by the last few player spoilers for this pack... Dwarf Pipe is next to useless and the guardsman is great but has crappy stats, I'd much prefer that he had 1 attack and 1 hitpoint over 2 hitpoints or over that complete waste of 1 defense. Idk I guess his ability is pretty **** good considering its only a single resource more than feint and gives you a body at the same time.. just really wish he had a point of attack...

Yazan while awesome is not very exciting as we knew we would get him at some point anyway. Other than Yazan and MAYBE Firyal not really much of a fan of the Haradrim player cards and don't plan on using them any time soon (again except for Yazan or Firyal). Couldn't agree more with those saying the art on Coney in a Trap is awful but I actually dislike the art on Wait No Longer even more for some reason. I can see that it definitely has great potential but I feel like the awful art is contributing strongly to my disinterest in this card.
Also correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it sort of just a tactics version of Gildor's Counsel that costs one less, fetches an enemy and can be utizilised in Solo? Considering I never play solo and strictly play two handed I'd much rather pay a single extra lore resource to face one card less during staging without having to fetch an enemy and putting it into play engaged with me. Then again there is the whole gaining of resources and various other effects (questing free, discount allies) when enemies engage/are engaged in the Dunedain trait etc. I guess it could be great in Dunedain or engagement decks but yeah idk it just doesn't jump out at me. The only player card I do find somewhat exciting is the new side quest but everyone seems to think it is rather average. I totally see that point of view and agree somewhat but if you do get lucky enough to draw and clear it within the first few turns it could potentially be really powerful especially with the upcoming Thurindir who guarantees you can have it in your starting hand if you wish).

Sorry for being so negative just not the most exciting pack for me. I am looking forward to putting Yazan to work though and reckon he will be a very strong addition to my decks.
The quest itself looks pretty **** cool, some of the animals and wildlife we are fighting are fairly interesting choices though....

Edited by PsychoRocka

If you never play one-handed solo, I can see where Wait No Longer seems weak besides Gildor's Counsel.  If you play one-handed solo, Gildor's Counsel is useless and Wait No Longer is all kinds of awesome.  Even without Mablung or a Dunedain deck, getting an enemy of your choice engaged is a small price to play for revealing zero cards from the deck.  It's easy to make quest progress with no reveal.

Of Yazan, Firyal, and Jubayr, I like Yazan the least.  One point of direct damage, after the enemy attacks, just isn't that exciting to me.  2wp and 3 attack are solid, but for five it ought to be.  Firyal's ability I like a lot, the ability to scry/discard isn't as timely as Denethor's similar ability, though it has the advantage of discarding a nasty card instead of saving it for later.  Jubayr may not be a useful to decks with a dedicated hero defender, but for ally defense it doesn't get any better than built-in shadow *discard* -- with that feature, 3/3 defense is plenty good for most non-unique enemies.

Dwarf Pipe is disappointing, since it's really only marginally useful in a mining deck.  It's not right that the Hobbit Pipe is both better and cheaper -- if Dwarf Pipe cost 0 it would at least be useful for the pipe events.