I for one am intrigued by the sound of this quest. I think it sounds like a lot of fun.

The art on that side quest is beautiful! Can't wait for all of these new side quests to come out.

I also think it's interesting we're getting harad allies... I wonder if this means we could get wose allies in the future! I'm guessing since this cycle ends in Gondor, we may end up going east after this, perhaps even into mordor. That would be fun!

Agreed...think the quest will be unique and interesting.  I'm alright with a little "fan service" or silliness in the name of a good, fun quest.  While I don't have  the knowledge to argue whether or not the game is faithful to the lore, I'd say it is always respectful.  

It is funny you mention Mordor  for the next cycle...Though I think the game has a bright and long future; I've always kind of secretly thought that they would save Mordor as the setting for the final cycle so it made me involuntarily cringe a bit to read your post about going there in the next cycle!

1) I also think it sounds a fun quest. I don't see anything wrong with having something a bit lighter - there are plenty of serious scenarios out there.

2) I hope they sail into the West for the last quest.

By "sail into the West," do you mean "leave Middle Earth"?  Because chronologically, all these quests take place before The Lord of the Rings, so...

I do mean leave Middle Earth. Any Elvish heroes could leave at any time of course, but I see no reason why all the other heroes couldn't get dispensation as did Gimli, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam etc. I also don't see why they couldn't leave before LoTR; obviously Fellowship Heroes couldn't leave but the FFG created one's could. 

Well, Bilbo, Frodo, and Sam were allowed that honor due to having been Ringbearers, and Gimli went out of friendship with Legolas.

What have the heroes really done that would justify inclusion on the Elvish ships, or indeed, why would they even have the desire to leave Middle Earth permanently?  If most heroes were elves, I could see this, maybe, but a large percentage of heroes are people who would still have concerns in Middle Earth and be unlikely to want to abandon them.

I suppose the heroes could forgo the Elvish ships and try to find the Straight Road themselves, without the grace of the Valar, but that doesn't seem terribly heroic, and it's unlikely to end well...

Why would anyone want to go to heaven?

Immortality

Curiosity - one last adventure

Landscape of utter beauty

Easy lifestyle and wonderful weather (it never rains in Valinor you know!)

Elf maidens/hunks feeding you with grapes

All material needs provided for

Knees stop aching

Not to mention all that heroes in Middle Earth have to look forward to is disease, decrepitude, dementia and death. Probably taxes as well!

Common misconception, and pretty much the same one the Numenorians had.  The West isn't Heaven, and it doesn't grant immortality to people who aren't already immortal (in fact, mortals actually seem to "burn out" quicker there, though there certainly is wholesomeness and mending).  Elves and Valar live in Valinor, and it's called "The Undying Lands" simply because such undying people live there.  Men, even if they were allowed to go to Valinor, would still eventually die and pass beyond the circles of the world, to a fate even the Valar know not.

Not really sure where the ideas of an easy lifestyle, elves feeding you with grapes, or all material needs provided for come from, either...

I for one am intrigued by the sound of this quest. I think it sounds like a lot of fun.

The art on that side quest is beautiful! Can't wait for all of these new side quests to come out.

I also think it's interesting we're getting harad allies... I wonder if this means we could get wose allies in the future! I'm guessing since this cycle ends in Gondor, we may end up going east after this, perhaps even into mordor. That would be fun!

Agreed...think the quest will be unique and interesting.  I'm alright with a little "fan service" or silliness in the name of a good, fun quest.  While I don't have  the knowledge to argue whether or not the game is faithful to the lore, I'd say it is always respectful.  

It is funny you mention Mordor  for the next cycle...Though I think the game has a bright and long future; I've always kind of secretly thought that they would save Mordor as the setting for the final cycle so it made me involuntarily cringe a bit to read your post about going there in the next cycle!

1) I also think it sounds a fun quest. I don't see anything wrong with having something a bit lighter - there are plenty of serious scenarios out there.

2) I hope they sail into the West for the last quest.

By "sail into the West," do you mean "leave Middle Earth"?  Because chronologically, all these quests take place before The Lord of the Rings, so...

I do mean leave Middle Earth. Any Elvish heroes could leave at any time of course, but I see no reason why all the other heroes couldn't get dispensation as did Gimli, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam etc. I also don't see why they couldn't leave before LoTR; obviously Fellowship Heroes couldn't leave but the FFG created one's could. 

Well, Bilbo, Frodo, and Sam were allowed that honor due to having been Ringbearers, and Gimli went out of friendship with Legolas.

What have the heroes really done that would justify inclusion on the Elvish ships, or indeed, why would they even have the desire to leave Middle Earth permanently?  If most heroes were elves, I could see this, maybe, but a large percentage of heroes are people who would still have concerns in Middle Earth and be unlikely to want to abandon them.

I suppose the heroes could forgo the Elvish ships and try to find the Straight Road themselves, without the grace of the Valar, but that doesn't seem terribly heroic, and it's unlikely to end well...

Why would anyone want to go to heaven?

Immortality

Curiosity - one last adventure

Landscape of utter beauty

Easy lifestyle and wonderful weather (it never rains in Valinor you know!)

Elf maidens/hunks feeding you with grapes

All material needs provided for

Knees stop aching

Not to mention all that heroes in Middle Earth have to look forward to is disease, decrepitude, dementia and death. Probably taxes as well!

Common misconception, and pretty much the same one the Numenorians had.  The West isn't Heaven, and it doesn't grant immortality to people who aren't already immortal (in fact, mortals actually seem to "burn out" quicker there, though there certainly is wholesomeness and mending).  Elves and Valar live in Valinor, and it's called "The Undying Lands" simply because such undying people live there.  Men, even if they were allowed to go to Valinor, would still eventually die and pass beyond the circles of the world, to a fate even the Valar know not.

Not really sure where the ideas of an easy lifestyle, elves feeding you with grapes, or all material needs provided for come from, either...

You've destroyed all my misconceptions :-(

Still think it's an awesome way to end the game though!

Sorry if it comes as somewhat of a disappointment; I know it was for me when I first found out.  Though in time, I realized it actually made Tolkien's world that much deeper and interesting.

Not sure about ending the game that way, but maybe the last Saga expansion will end at the Grey (Gray?) Havens.

Sorry if it comes as somewhat of a disappointment; I know it was for me when I first found out.  Though in time, I realized it actually made Tolkien's world that much deeper and interesting.

Not sure about ending the game that way, but maybe the last Saga expansion will end at the Grey (Gray?) Havens.

That seems unlikely. There are three scenarios per saga expansion, and the important story beats are pretty obvious (Tower of Cirith Ungol, the Cracks of Doom, and the Scouring of the Shire). I'm can't really see them going any other way, unless they break with tradition and add an extra scenario as a final send-off to the saga.

That seems unlikely. There are three scenarios per saga expansion, and the important story beats are pretty obvious (Tower of Cirith Ungol, the Cracks of Doom, and the Scouring of the Shire). I'm can't really see them going any other way, unless they break with tradition and add an extra scenario as a final send-off to the saga.

Well, I figured it'd be more or less part of the Scouring of the Shire quest, as a finishing point, story-wise.  I can't really imagine an entire quest devoted just to taking Frodo to the Havens and seeing him off.

Each character gains "Action:  Exhaust this character to 'wave good-bye to Frodo' (put a progress token on this character)."  If every character has waved good-bye, the players win the game.

Yeah...I'm not sure it really fits the theme of the game...

I still think the Saga should have Cirith Ungol, Gorgoroth, and a mega-quest combining Orodruin and the Morannon. The Scouring is a nice POD Fellowship, I feel.

I still think the Saga should have Cirith Ungol, Gorgoroth, and a mega-quest combining Orodruin and the Morannon. The Scouring is a nice POD Fellowship, I feel.

Whereas I'd rather them combine Cirith Ungol and Gorgoroth, and include Scouring in the Saga.

Anyone want to guess what Hunting Party does?

Yeah, there's the word ''reveal'' in the text... intriguing!

"Play only if you control a unique character

with the XXX trait, and another unique

character with the YYY trait.

Action: (choose, ready, remove, discard) a character you have committed

to the quest to discard a non-unique

SOMETHING in the staging area then, reveal an

additional encounter card."

That Keep Watch art, man.  No self-respecting Hobbit is going to abide 4 crusty Dunedain-lookin' folks stomping around on top of his Hobbit hole.  Those guys are looking to get "Good morninged" in a hurry.

Christ, you know I didn't even see them until I read your comment.

Had to click back and check it out.

I just saw trees I guess the first time.

Anyway, bit late to the party, but I like the spoiled cards. Specially coney in a trap. That's going straight into my legolas-haldir deck!

I also find the Mumak hunting idea fresh & different from orc hunting.

And it's not strange that they created a whole quest based on the mumakil.

There's not much lore to go on in Harad.

Is Coney in the Trap a bit disappointing? Altogether, it is a bit worse than Feint, right? Because you can only prevent the enemy from attacking on the round it engages you. I cannot think of any advantages it has over Feint. So, even though it is still nice to have such a card in Lore, I would think with the requirement (and it is not very common to have both a ranger and warrior in a deck -- though not quite rare, either), the card could have cost 0, because I think most of the decks that do have a warrior and ranger might feature Tactics and thus have access to Feint. What do others think?

it's also limited to 'you' whereas Feint can target anything, but i would say that since it's Lore, you can't really compare them directly, but also a christmas deck could run both and have even more options for preventing enemy attacks

as for the cost, i think it's fine. 0 cost would make it too powerful imo, and sure, not many decks have those characters, but these cards are trying to encourage that exploration.

I'm pretty sure that few if any hobbits even knew there were Dúnedain patrolling their lands. Not much of a secret vigil with a bunch of them standing on top of a hobbit house.

Well, maybe hobbits simply aren't too bright.  The Dúnedain just stand really still while hobbits are watching, and...

"Hullo!  I never noticed those incredibly lifelike statues on top of me house before!  Anyway, I wonder if ol' Bingo would mind if I popped in for elevensies..." <hobbit wanders off>

Edited by JJ48